Login

russian armor

To Old school vCoH players: Why do you choose CoH2?

9 Feb 2016, 00:55 AM

Hey,

I've played CoH1/CoH2 extensively and CoH1 is my preferred option.

I just feel it's a superior RTS (gameplay) - beautifully balanced.

Then again, I am old school - Any other old school vCoH players out there ? Just wondering why you guys prefer CoH2 .

Cheers !
9 Feb 2016, 01:19 AM

I don't prefer COH2, but it has a bigger player base and get's patched, so I play it
9 Feb 2016, 02:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 01:19 AMNosliw
I don't prefer COH2, but it has a bigger player base and get's patched, so I play it

x2

These days I just have a few friends that like to play 3v3s and 4v4s and that's about all the CoH2 I play outside of custom maps and mods.

Last time I played CoH1 was for OMG mod. Playerbase is key.
9 Feb 2016, 03:40 AM
Coder Red Badge

Because the best player still actively playing CoH1 is LuckyStilet.
11 Feb 2016, 20:33 PM

vCOH because voice acting 10x better and COH2 has shitty design mechanics

Still waiting for COH3...
11 Feb 2016, 20:45 PM

I like more coh2 because my units dont do stupid things by their own, but preffer coh1 for his faction and unit diversity
11 Feb 2016, 21:45 PM

Hey,

I've played CoH1/CoH2 extensively and CoH1 is my preferred option.

I just feel it's a superior RTS (gameplay) - beautifully balanced.

Then again, I am old school - Any other old school vCoH players out there ? Just wondering why you guys prefer CoH2 .

Cheers !

Better game, more variety, true line of sight.

I don't understand is why people still heap praise on COH 1, it had allot of balance issues and the patches kept rolling even when the game was essentially way past it's shelf life.

Remove the rose tinted glasses, dial down on the nostalgia and accept COH2 for what it is. It has it's issues, but it certainly feels like an upgrade to me.

EDIT: People think blobbing in COH2 is bad? COH1 was even nastier, group bonuses like the PE aura, fire-up for the US and Officer aura and hero charge for the UK made up for impossible to stop blobs.Retarded PIAT Kangoroo clown cars, or even the stupid Pioneer spam that took them a eternity to fix. COH2 all the way, everyday.

11 Feb 2016, 21:47 PM

There are things I miss about vcoh alot but I prefer coh 2.

Vcoh had better...
-voices
-more diverse units
-better balance
-much more diversity in teching and builds (especially PE)
-cooler maps (original reball express, montargis region, hochwald gap, vimotiers, etc. )

I felt like there was big differences between factions but it was still balanced.
11 Feb 2016, 21:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I like them both, one was more balanced and competitive, the other is fun. :)
11 Feb 2016, 22:18 PM

There are things I miss about vcoh alot but I prefer coh 2.

Vcoh had better...
-voices
-more diverse units
-better balance
-much more diversity in teching and builds (especially PE)
-cooler maps (original reball express, montargis region, hochwald gap, vimotiers, etc. )

I felt like there was big differences between factions but it was still balanced.

you forgot the best map ever, duclair :megusta:
11 Feb 2016, 22:29 PM

CoH1 is still the superior game, but unless you play basics it's almost impossible to get a good match. The amount of money esl and such are investing into tourneys and events is a good thing for coh2 though.

Things that coh2 also did right:
True LoS (even if it can be frustratingly buggy at times)
Mantle
More variety in automatch maps (even if most are kinda shitty)
Arguably cap circles

Relic has shown time and time again their complete and utter incompetence when it comes to game balance and faction design though, combined now with their obvious greed by introducing more and more blatantly pay2win commanders into the game. On the one hand, coh1 is 'safe' of that. On the other hand, coh2 might one day be balanced and improved in design while coh1 will die a slow but inevitable death.
11 Feb 2016, 23:32 PM

Because graphics. And capping circles, probably the biggest improvement.
12 Feb 2016, 01:09 AM

I like capping circles, but I really dislike the cooldown on the point if I chase off my opponent while it's still neutral. Having to wait for it to reset before beginning my own capture can be annoying.

I've always wished you could actively capture the actual territory point for the same kind of repair penalties to capture faster and/or reset an opponent's capture if they get pushed out the circle before capping a neutral point.
12 Feb 2016, 02:31 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

In my opinion CoH2 is now by far the superior game. There is just so much more variety in the things that you can deploy with the huge number of commanders to choose from. The graphics are better, even with its poor performance and there are so many new and improved game mechanics. For instance wall-hopping, true sight, ice, capping circles and so on.

This all being said CoH1 still triumphs when it comes to:

Voice Acting
Base Buildings(The appearance of CoH2 base buildings absolutely suck, apart from OKW)
Medic System (where AI medics would pick up and return causalities)
Performance

If Relic improved CoH2 with these changes, it would be almost perfect.
12 Feb 2016, 02:45 AM

I think that coh1 had better faction design disregarding the British, and it felt more like a Hollywood movie. I like how diverse the infantry was.

There was also more you could do with your teching, like supply yard upgrades, buying vet, the PE, etc.

But actually commanding the units in CoH2 is much better, and the USF, UKF, and Ost are all very fun factions.
12 Feb 2016, 05:31 AM

I would say vcoh but ever since the British were released (with their awesome voice acting) I am pro COH 2
A_E
12 Feb 2016, 11:01 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

- UI and ease of life changes, reverse button and unit icons selector, drag box reinforce, units actually stay in cover etc. etc.

- no CoH1 Brits which are cancerous

- vCoH meta is super stale to me, inf vs. terror over and over.

- snipers are too dominant in vCoH it gets boring quickly.

- I'm too shit to play CoH1 against pros, in CoH2 I always get another average 1v1 player at peak times

- I now have a top spec pc capable of overcoming CoH2's optimisation, so the fact that CoH1 runs like chocolate is no longer an advantage cus CoH2 1v1 runs well for me too now.

- true sight is too good a dynamic to play without, it offers a layer of tactical depth that is sorely missed.
12 Feb 2016, 11:22 AM

I still prefer the mechanics of CoH1 (teching, resource system, pop cap system, infantry upgrades, light vehicle play) but the main reason is the player base
12 Feb 2016, 12:53 PM

The sound effects are way better, vCoH's community is as good as dead.

If vCoH was remaked with better graphics, better sound effects and an optimized engine, I would choose it over CoH2 all the way.
12 Feb 2016, 13:03 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS