Login

russian armor

M36 Jackson

10 Feb 2016, 17:39 PM

If we want balance at all levels we need to think about how the team games also play out, partially because many players are in each format.

Your comment has been partially dissected before so I won't labor over it, but the increased micro, the inability to chase, the high pop cost and MP investment, the inability to so much as scare an infantry unit, and the very likely outcome of at least one lost Jackson for nothing are all present.

I would also like to point out that while the 57mm does a decent job in smaller games as indirect fire grows in larger games it becomes completely useless. It gets wiped so fast it cannot keep vet, and it is a MP sink. Late game it struggles to penetrate and gain vet. No other AT gun suffers from this. [side note] Why is focus forward not passive as soon as you hit vet 1? Don't you always want it on? Therefore, the USF has to rely on doc AT tanks to maintain presence, and their options are simple, Jackson or nothing. The Jackson does not give them enough AT to provide critical map presence in the late game.

Another problem, against the super heavies it is no more than vet for those units, and this means that USF without Calliope can do nothing in a team game but rely upon its Allies to break through and then try to widen the gap. If there is no breakthrough its tanks sit completely impotent on the side line, and this leads to unsupported infantry, which leads to more map loss, etc.

Just to elaborate on the 57mm AT gun. Another thread has mentioned it has 1.25 instead of 1 size? Increasing received accuracy and that's why super low rate of surivivability hahaha
10 Feb 2016, 20:51 PM

It does need a buff. Only out ranging the tiger and KT by 15 now has made it tougher to micro for sure. Also KT 2 hitting it is brutal.

I thought KT was 3-hit as well vs. Jackson. Jadgtiger was 2.

Learned KT is 2-hit as well to my misfortune in recent games...

(Please disregard my terrible micro and note the Vet 2 Jackson bouncing HVAP rounds on KT from point-blank range).
10 Feb 2016, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 20:51 PMLuGer33

(Please disregard my terrible micro and note the Vet 2 Jackson bouncing HVAP rounds on KT from point-blank range).

This is a good example of the inconsistency of USF TD's to deal with heavy armor, in spite of being the only non-doc solution, even when HVAP is used.

JT in team games is almost effectively a single hit since almost any damage will render the Jackson a smoking pile of twisted metal.
11 Feb 2016, 03:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 20:51 PMLuGer33

king tiger deal 240 damage, and jackson have 480 hp.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 10:27 AMBlalord

USF at gun is already the best AT gun (with vet)

and without vet, it's the worst atg. Atg crew also have awful life expectancy. It's not rare for a gun to go through 3 or 4 crew.
11 Feb 2016, 08:50 AM

and without vet, it's the worst atg. Atg crew also have awful life expectancy. It's not rare for a gun to go through 3 or 4 crew.

125% receive accuracy is relic fault being lazy ;D
11 Feb 2016, 09:09 AM

Banned
It's a sick TD and it can take on larger armor BUT the armor on it is sooo bad. You really have to babysit it or it's bye bye Jackson, nice to know you.

slight rangebuff or a slight armorbuff
11 Feb 2016, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 09:09 AMNight
It's a sick TD and it can take on larger armor BUT the armor on it is sooo bad. You really have to babysit it or it's bye bye Jackson, nice to know you.

slight rangebuff or a slight armorbuff

Armor is not HP
11 Feb 2016, 09:29 AM

Banned

Armor is not HP

Really dude? Wow I didn't know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I meant armor.

11 Feb 2016, 15:48 PM

This is a good example of the inconsistency of USF TD's to deal with heavy armor, in spite of being the only non-doc solution, even when HVAP is used.

JT in team games is almost effectively a single hit since almost any damage will render the Jackson a smoking pile of twisted metal.

We call this " Shit happens " . Better sacrifice another goat to the rng gods.
11 Feb 2016, 19:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

+2 HP wouldn't change "too much" right :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment