Login

russian armor

I&R Pathfinder Suggestion

9 Feb 2016, 10:33 AM

It would only be balanced if

1. Sufficiently long cool-down
2. Don't work on retreating units or has a pretty low success %

Why? Because it would lead to cheesy squad wipes where you have I&R pathfinders constantly picking off the last models on retreating squads.

Personally I like the Airborne Pathfinders as they are now - I'd much rather have a free passive ability that works some of the time and frees up Muni for those delicious Paratrooper upgrades.

The standard sniper chance to hit a retreating a model/s would apply. Although the Ost sniper's incendiary round also has a 100% hit rate on retreating models I believe? Albeit that is more expensive.

A 15 second cooldown (not including the time the ability is "active") would be sufficient imo.
9 Feb 2016, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2016, 23:15 PMruzen
10 or 15 AMU cost? Really!? It should at least be 30(come to think of It even 30 is very cheap) with current amu income but without grand change, I think making pathfinders spawnable from house is better.

15 muni would be about right. A 30 muni trade for whatever the targeted model's MP reinforce is, wouldn't offer any reward whatsoever. I mean, nades are 30 muni and have the potential to wipe a squad. This is just targeting a single model.
9 Feb 2016, 12:19 PM

...So my suggestion is to add the "Assassinate" ability...
Thoughts?

No bad. But main problem this doc airdrop for 900 mp anyway.

15 muni would be about right.

I allready see tears of german players and hear they cry "USF SPAMING Assassinate AND WIPE ALL MY INFANTRY RELIC PLZ NERF".
9 Feb 2016, 13:40 PM
Patrion 15

15 muni would be about right. A 30 muni trade for whatever the targeted model's MP reinforce is, wouldn't offer any reward whatsoever. I mean, nades are 30 muni and have the potential to wipe a squad. This is just targeting a single model.

First of all a nade is somewhat a skill shoot in coh2 and this "assasinate" button of yours is just targeting ability.
Secondy, they both have potential to wipe out squads. Dropping costly units and forcing to retreat easy. Not to mention could kill snipers with a cost of 15 Amu -which is fare for you-
Lastly, which is not a direct responce to your ridiculous "whats fare" mentality. People have to stop favoring their beloved factions. Try to play all of em and If you have balance ideas about the game just say them in the name of balance not fanatism.
10 Feb 2016, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 13:40 PMruzen

First of all a nade is somewhat a skill shoot in coh2 and this "assasinate" button of yours is just targeting ability.
Secondy, they both have potential to wipe out squads. Dropping costly units and forcing to retreat easy. Not to mention could kill snipers with a cost of 15 Amu -which is fare for you-
Lastly, which is not a direct responce to your ridiculous "whats fare" mentality. People have to stop favoring their beloved factions. Try to play all of em and If you have balance ideas about the game just say them in the name of balance not fanatism.

1. Sure. But so is the Ost sniper's incendiary round, which actually has the potential to 1 shot an entire squad depending on RNG and placement of models.

2. Snipers can do that too. But with this change not only would you have to spend upwards of 1000+ MP to do so, you'd need to spend 60 muni as well.

3. I play/have played all factions actually. I'm not suggesting this out of "fanatiscm" (rofl), but as a legit suggestion to actually make a lackluster commander more enticing to use in any way possible. Yes there are others way to improve Recon, but this was just a personal idea on how to give I&R pathfinders more utility.
10 Feb 2016, 14:07 PM
Patrion 15

I cant belive Its allways comes down to Ost sniper has It why wont USF have It also... Brilliant.
10 Feb 2016, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 14:07 PMruzen
I cant belive Its allways comes down to Ost sniper has It why wont USF have It also... Brilliant.

No not at all. Pathfinders are the closest thing USF have to snipers, this suggestion is an idea to bring I&R Pathies more into line with them, but function a bit differently.

Off topic: Are you having a bad day? Or just a salty Axis fanboy or what?
10 Feb 2016, 15:41 PM
Patrion 15

Yea a person who says this is a salty axis player.

Maybe I'm just a player who enjoys the challanges in game try to make best of It rather than easy route giving units assassinate button for 15amu with 15 seconds cooldown. Also Its strange for you to go offtopic in your own topic but again...
11 Feb 2016, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 15:41 PMruzen

Maybe I'm just a player who enjoys the challanges in game try to make best of It rather than easy route giving units assassinate button for 15amu with 15 seconds cooldown. Also Its strange for you to go offtopic in your own topic but again...

Whatever you say. Your opinion is your opinion, nothing more. You don't need to be toxic.
11 Feb 2016, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 15:41 PMruzen

Seems like you are referring to the Airborne commander as well in that post. For clarification, I'm talking about I&R pathfinders from Recon fyi.
11 Feb 2016, 19:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ok. Cleanse the thread. If you have issues with another user, PM.

Back to topic.
11 Feb 2016, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2016, 11:16 AMLooney
They're actually cheaper, not sure by how much, but by (khaled) ALOT.

They have the best arty in the game, for only 120 (?) muni.
Which comes the earliest of all other arties in the game.

The I&R pathfinders are fine, the Airnorne Pathfinders on the other hand are not. They should spawn out buildings and maby that snipe ability.

12 Feb 2016, 08:45 AM

Ok. Cleanse the thread. If you have issues with another user, PM.

Back to topic.

Thankyou :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight