Login

russian armor

New Commander: Terror Doctrine

PAGES (9)down
7 Feb 2016, 17:52 PM

looks like a really good doctrine not so OP or UP. I think the KCH should be limited to just 1 squad at a time though. Is the Panzer IV with a long or short barrel?

Short barrel like the other PZ IV command tanks.
7 Feb 2016, 17:53 PM

Trying to be realistic here, you have a higher chance of an Obersoldaten call-in because OKW and Ost can share commander units. (Ostwind, bunkers, Pak43, nondoc P4 and Panther)

I try to avoid bringing okw units into wehrmacht (and vice versa) just because I'd rather have some variety instead of just copy and paste.
7 Feb 2016, 17:55 PM

looks like a really good doctrine not so OP or UP. I think the KCH should be limited to just 1 squad at a time though. Is the Panzer IV with a long or short barrel?

I think a limit of 2 squads at a time would be good (considering the hefty manpower investment it would also cost).
7 Feb 2016, 17:59 PM

If this thread was realistic it wouldn't propose ostheer commander. It is much more probable we will get brit commander next.

Brits already have enough 'Super Abilities'.
7 Feb 2016, 19:04 PM

So does Axis. Besides, most Axis players in 3vs3 and 4vs4 just spam Panthers until they can field their big ass Tiger (what eva version they play) and steamrole over any defence set up. No need to make an ability that can do the same...

Also I would not make a commanders based on one of the biggest failures of the German army, I mean, how many shots did the Schwerer Gustav actually fire before becomming a piece of useless metal? :jk:

Maby we can introduce the Mouse next, or perhaps even the Ratte... See if that stops the Axis complains about the Brits having to much OP stuff just becaurse they are good @ what they should do, defending.

7 Feb 2016, 19:35 PM

So does Axis.

Roflmao.
7 Feb 2016, 20:28 PM

Roflmao.

You want to tell me you never played a game where Allies held the entire map untill about 50 to 25 vp left only to get wipped out by an unfair armor/volk spam which they just can't do anything about?
7 Feb 2016, 20:48 PM

You want to tell me you never played a game where Allies held the entire map untill about 50 to 25 vp left only to get wipped out by an unfair armor/volk spam which they just can't do anything about?

No, because I know how to counter axis armor and schreck spam.
7 Feb 2016, 21:19 PM

+1 I support this, @Karbinder I really do appreciate the amount of effort you put into your projects. Keep up the good work! :D
7 Feb 2016, 21:34 PM

+1 I support this, @Karbinder I really do appreciate the amount of effort you put into your projects. Keep up the good work! :D

I really love making new game ideas and concepts, but I honestly wouldn't even try if it weren't for the amazing community that this game has. Have a good day, and Happy Panzer Hunting! :D
7 Feb 2016, 22:24 PM
Donator 11

Its not about super abilities, whats more, this game is not about super abilities at all, its not supreme commander in comp stomps, its coh2 in multiplayer (they have nukes, artillery that shoots through whole map, satellites, infinite resources buildings and so on there).

As a matter of fact ostheer not only has the biggest number of commanders overall but also the biggest number of meta/good commanders and viable commanders. That's why I doubt they will add commanders to that faction. Since soviets need rather commander redesign than adding new ones and usf, okw got their new commanders recently I strongly belive relic is aiming at brits now with new content. Its not about fanboyism and so on, its just about good reasining.
7 Feb 2016, 22:41 PM

Its not about super abilities, whats more, this game is not about super abilities at all, its not supreme commander in comp stomps, its coh2 in multiplayer (they have nukes, artillery that shoots through whole map, satellites, infinite resources buildings and so on there).

As a matter of fact ostheer not only has the biggest number of commanders overall but also the biggest number of meta/good commanders and viable commanders. That's why I doubt they will add commanders to that faction. Since soviets need rather commander redesign than adding new ones and usf, okw got their new commanders recently I strongly belive relic is aiming at brits now with new content. Its not about fanboyism and so on, its just about good reasining.

Thank you for telling me your opinion on the matter. Now, not to be rude, but your opinion on commanders, "fanboyism", and factions are things that I simply do not care for due to it doing nothing to improve the commander that this thread is about, but thanks anyway for sharing.
7 Feb 2016, 23:36 PM

When I was 12 years old, I was excited with Warcraft 3. I liked it so much that I could spent hours trying to design new units for my favorite faction, which would be fun to play. Of course, it was something like Knights with ranged attack and heal. But few months later I realised that a thing called "competitive multiplayer" actually exists and it does not accept wunderwaffe abilities and ubermeschen soldiers for sake of players mechanical skills being viable. The problem of expensive tanked soldiers with huge dps is amount of micro management required to counter them being ridiculously high compared to that of controlling them. Backed out with pair of AT guns AND with obliterating artillery, that would be just as stupid as Knights with heal and ranged attack. There is a reason why E8 do not have 800hp and 240 armor, or panther not humiliating infantry with its main gun.
7 Feb 2016, 23:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 23:36 PMMLad
But few months later I realised that a thing called "competitive multiplayer" actually exists and it does not accept wunderwaffe abilities and ubermeschen soldiers for sake of players mechanical skills being viable. The problem of expensive tanked soldiers with huge dps is amount of micro management required to counter them being ridiculously high compared to that of controlling them. Backed out with pair of AT guns AND with obliterating artillery, that would be just as stupid as Knights with heal and ranged attack. There is a reason why E8 do not have 800hp and 240 armor, or panther not humiliating infantry with its main gun.

If you haven't noticed, Knight's Cross Holders are the exact opposite of a panther. They have massive AI abilities, yet very limited AT abilities; Therefore, they should be easy to counter by the time that they are available. Try using armor of any kind, and it should do a good deal of damage to the squad if not wiping them.
7 Feb 2016, 23:47 PM
Donator 11

Thank you for telling me your opinion on the matter. Now, not to be rude, but your opinion on commanders, "fanboyism", and factions are things that I simply do not care for due to it doing nothing to improve the commander that this thread is about, but thanks anyway for sharing.

Sure, if this thread is not aimed on implementing, just a theorycraft then I really like this commander, cool ideas :thumb:

Btw. Try out multiquote and edit buttons if you dont want to spam your own thread.
7 Feb 2016, 23:51 PM

Sure, if this thread is not aimed on implementing, just a theorycraft then I really like this commander, cool ideas :thumb:

Btw. Try out multiquote and edit buttons if you dont want to spam your own thread.

Yes, it's for implementation :). Theories of new commanders are better posted in the lobby.
8 Feb 2016, 00:17 AM

If you haven't noticed, Knight's Cross Holders are the exact opposite of a panther. They have massive AI abilities, yet very limited AT abilities; Therefore, they should be easy to counter by the time that they are available. Try using armor of any kind, and it should do a good deal of damage to the squad if not wiping them.

So, you really think that these guys will attack enemy WITHOUT AT in their backs? There was a reason why ubers were nerfed. I already mentioned in my previous post how it is hard to counter such units. On paper, quad guns, light vehicles and tanks should work. But in reality, double paks will limit opportunities to heavy micro-games, where my micromanagement will have to struggle against your A-move. Adding another pre-ubers will not do any good. Same for railroad artillery - it is literally good old "Air Superiority". Game should encourage innovative tactics, combined arms and mechanical skills. How terminators and nuclear artillery going to do this - I don't know
8 Feb 2016, 00:21 AM
Donator 11

I wonder what OP thinks about sniper vs KH play. In coh1 it was 3 men squad but sniper needed 2 shots to kill its model. Should it be implemented like that? Or should they loose models just like for example soviet sniper or obers do.
8 Feb 2016, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2016, 00:17 AMMLad

So, you really think that these guys will attack enemy WITHOUT AT in their backs? There was a reason why ubers were nerfed. I already mentioned in my previous post how it is hard to counter such units. On paper, quad guns, light vehicles and tanks should work. But in reality, double paks will limit opportunities to heavy micro-games, where my micromanagement will have to struggle against your A-move. Adding another pre-ubers will not do any good. Same for railroad artillery - it is literally good old "Air Superiority". Game should encourage innovative tactics, combined arms and mechanical skills. How terminators and nuclear artillery going to do this - I don't know

Well, how do you normally counter AT, and AI? That should be the same counters for these units. It's not like they can camouflage, and even if you manage to kill 2/3 men while the last one retreats, it's still 170 manpower to reinforce 2 of them. As for the railway artillery, it gives plenty of time to move out of the way, so the only effected units should be static ones. It's more of a breakthrough ability, that it is artillery. In my opinion, it encourages to not build emplacements close to each other, therefore less sim cities.
8 Feb 2016, 00:28 AM

I wonder what OP thinks about sniper vs KH play. In coh1 it was 3 men squad but sniper needed 2 shots to kill its model. Should it be implemented like that? Or should they loose models just like for example soviet sniper or obers do.

Sorry about posting twice, but I didn't see this post until I finished typing the one above this.
Yes, I think that they should loose models like Obersoldaten and soviet snipers.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS