Login

russian armor

New Commander: Terror Doctrine

PAGES (9)down
29 Feb 2016, 05:06 AM

Responses to your suggestions:
- I can't really do anything about the aura at the moment due to it not showing in the unit/model's data, but for now, It shouldn't be too much of a problem due to killing the sturm officer by ANY means necessary will retreat the entire assault.
-I'll bring the reload down to 6 minutes (360 seconds - half of the real-life reload time) instead of 480 seconds.
-Just buffed the Knight's Cross Holders' 'Grenade Assault' ability so that there's more damage per grenade to make it equivalent to the Assault Grenadiers' version.

-I probably won't be giving them voice lines mostly because of the voice lines being a bit too specific for me to hand them over, so I'd just leave that to Relic if this was ever implemented.
-Working on it.
-For some reason, the Wehrmacht weapons are invisible on OKW units, so I'll probably keep the Arty officer model for now, once again, a more combat ready model would probably be something for Relic if this was implemented.

^^^(Added in Update)^^^
29 Feb 2016, 05:29 AM

Just looking at this and isn't Propaganda War a little strong if its the CoH1 variant? For reference, the Soviet version is 6cp and only has a 25% chance (if I remember correctly) chance to force a retreat. By those standards, Prop War seems to be a bit too good. That and I'm not a big fan of the total Railway overhaul, but that's in another thread.

Anyways, good stuff, I really enjoy these ideas.
29 Feb 2016, 10:12 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks for the quick response!

If they decide to implement it (which would be awesome), I don't think there's gonna be new models or voice lines, to be honest. Take a look at the commanders released over the last months - you'll notice that they mostly reuse existing content somehow (Stormtroopers, Rangers, M2 Flamethrower, basically ALL artillery and global abilities). The only genuinely new stuff was vehicles like the Pershing, Calliope, Hetzer and Goliath. But none of those have their own voice lines, and neither do most other abilities. (And I don't blame Relic for that, because getting a voice actor to come in just for doing a few lines would be stupid.)

Anyway, I think that by showing how polished this commander could look while using only existing content would be really helpful in convincing Relic to put in the game.

Lines for brigadefuhrer.abp would be:
"..\\..\\weapons\\west_german_smg_mp44\\west_german_smg_mp44",
"..\\..\\weapons\\west_german_stielgranate\\west_german_stielgranate",
(Blendkörper uses a Stielgranate model as well)

If you want to edit the aura, you can find it in the entity's action_apply_ext, or go to categories -> aura and look for terror_officer_inspire.
29 Feb 2016, 10:20 AM
29 Feb 2016, 16:01 PM

Thanks for the quick response!

If they decide to implement it (which would be awesome), I don't think there's gonna be new models or voice lines, to be honest. Take a look at the commanders released over the last months - you'll notice that they mostly reuse existing content somehow (Stormtroopers, Rangers, M2 Flamethrower, basically ALL artillery and global abilities). The only genuinely new stuff was vehicles like the Pershing, Calliope, Hetzer and Goliath. But none of those have their own voice lines, and neither do most other abilities. (And I don't blame Relic for that, because getting a voice actor to come in just for doing a few lines would be stupid.)

Anyway, I think that by showing how polished this commander could look while using only existing content would be really helpful in convincing Relic to put in the game.

Lines for brigadefuhrer.abp would be:
"..\\..\\weapons\\west_german_smg_mp44\\west_german_smg_mp44",
"..\\..\\weapons\\west_german_stielgranate\\west_german_stielgranate",
(Blendkörper uses a Stielgranate model as well)

If you want to edit the aura, you can find it in the entity's action_apply_ext, or go to categories -> aura and look for terror_officer_inspire.

Probably keeping their model due to it better resembling their original model, but I'll be changing the auras properties as soon as I feel better.

I think the Knight's Cross should look like this imo...

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/10392/604265-wmknightscrossholders.jpg

A combination of my limited modding ability and me being ill / partially lazy / lacking time is preventing me from making these changes.

2 Mar 2016, 03:24 AM

Just looking at this and isn't Propaganda War a little strong if its the CoH1 variant? For reference, the Soviet version is 6cp and only has a 25% chance (if I remember correctly) chance to force a retreat. By those standards, Prop War seems to be a bit too good. That and I'm not a big fan of the total Railway overhaul, but that's in another thread.

Anyways, good stuff, I really enjoy these ideas.

To compensate, I'll be editing the stats of propaganda war...

Changes:
  • Increased air-burst propaganda shell drop time from 5 to 8 seconds.
  • Increased recon plane arrival time from 0 to 3 seconds.
  • decreased spread radius.
  • decreased time in-between shells.

I'll figure out the values for the bottom 2 changes tomorrow, when I plan on adding them.
3 Mar 2016, 17:49 PM

The preview mod's doctrine seems to overlap with other commander's abilities if you select them first. At the moment there isn't really a way around this due to me not being able to successfully edit an inventory in a mod. As for the KCH having voices, I won't be able to carry that out due to the voice that fits them best, is locked in OKW, which makes in unavailable to Ostheer. Hopefully I'll be able to find a way around these, but until then, they'll probably be stuck in the preview.
6 Mar 2016, 02:13 AM

Updated this with the following updates:
6 Mar 2016, 03:55 AM

will you ever stop bumping this thread
6 Mar 2016, 20:47 PM

I redid a bit of the veterancy levels for the Knights Cross Holders to make it fit in now that veterancy is working properly.

Changes:
  • Added 'Support Package' and 'Assault Package' upgrades to Knights Cross Holders, which is becomes unlocked at Vet 3. The 'Support Package' upgrade costs 45 Munitions, takes 45 seconds to upgrade the unit, and gives KCH the following: A Lugar Pistol, Recon Plane Strafe (40 Munitions), 'Booby Trap Point' Ability, 'Infantry Med-kit' (Free), and The 'Detection' Ability. The 'Assault Package' upgrade costs 90 Munitions, takes 45 seconds to upgrade the unit, and gives KCH the following: '105mm Barrage' Ability (140 Munitions), Incendiary Grenades (30 Munitions), and The 'Concentrated Fire' ability (25 Munitions; Suppresses targeted infantry for a small period of time.)
  • Restricted to only one squad on the field at a time.
  • Vet 1 XP Requirement: 1350
  • Vet 2 XP Requirement: 2750
  • Vet 2 Bonuses: -50% Received suppression; -30% Received accuracy.
  • Vet 3 XP Requirement: 4000
  • Vet 3 Bonuses: +15% Weapon accuracy; +0.25 Armor; Unlocks 'Support Package'; Unlocks 'Assault Package'.
  • Fixed Command Panzer IV being unable to call off.
  • Fixed incorrect descriptions.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't forget to check out the Preview mod which is located here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=630770125
12 Mar 2016, 00:24 AM

15 May 2016, 21:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Now that Relic is willing to do some big changes with the mod, maybe we could take a look at these commander suggestions again. :)
16 May 2016, 05:05 AM

Few short points:

1. 100% agree with turning Dora gun to local version of "V1 rocket". But keep in mind - in CoH 1 V1 had almost 20 seconds drop time without flares but with noisy sound. So, it would be more fair to take Dive bomb as V1, but... bomb is bomb and 803mm gun is 803mm gun. Btw, good idea, but it should have little bigger droptime and not 3 but 5 min cooldown, cos otherwise people will abuse it massively, like they do sometimes with same Dive, destroying your defences and units everywhere.

2. Knight Crossess... That's extra elite infantry group, which is not really needed for both OKW or Ostheer. OKW have Obers, which performs perfectly, Ostheer may use those elite Stormtroopers if they need uberpowerfull infantry, cos Stormtroopers with ScopeSTGs wiping everything around, and PzGrens are not that bad in direct combat, I should say... I see here 2 ways - or don't make Cross Holders at all, or make them non-doctrinal for Ostheer in T4 for 450-500 MP. Can't explain why... inner feelings, that it will be more right, than what you suggest.

3. Sturmofficier? No. Just no. Commissar-doctrine first then!
16 May 2016, 21:21 PM

Few short points:

1. 100% agree with turning Dora gun to local version of "V1 rocket". But keep in mind - in CoH 1 V1 had almost 20 seconds drop time without flares but with noisy sound. So, it would be more fair to take Dive bomb as V1, but... bomb is bomb and 803mm gun is 803mm gun. Btw, good idea, but it should have little bigger droptime and not 3 but 5 min cooldown, cos otherwise people will abuse it massively, like they do sometimes with same Dive, destroying your defences and units everywhere.

Stormtroopers with ScopeSTGs

I'll compromise by changing it to 240 seconds. Just to make it a bit less open for abuse, I'll change it to 250 munitions cost.
Nevermind on that, actually, it's already rather difficult to abuse considering OST is a muni-heavy faction. Sorry for changing my mind so much, and making this mess. Anyways, I'll agree that a 5 minute change would be a great improvement. ^_^

Also, stormtroopers... elite infantry? :lolol:

Here are some other changes suggested on the official forums that I intend to add:
Model health from 80 to 82 for KCH.
Zeal cost from 150 to 100 munitions.
Model reinforcement cost from 90 to 70 for KCH.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS