Login

russian armor

Snipers should be limited to one on the field.

6 Feb 2016, 08:55 AM

Because OKW/USF have literally no counter to them. Being able to build more than one unit is just damn broken and comical.

They are supposed to help out weaker inf to gain advantage, but sometimes they use green cover and 1v1 any sqquad on their own! Where is the risk in that? The brit one is the worst of them all, it becomes invincible at higher vets. As USF you have to sacrifice your m20, as OKW you have nothing.

USF is the one which suffers the most. Already on MP shortage and are supposed to "shine" in early game, they have to sacrifce a 340MP/20FU, which might be a success or not. And their early game is effectively killed.

6 Feb 2016, 09:10 AM

snipers must be limited to 2
and i believe snipers must be remove from wehr and soviet, both of them must have sniper Ace (commander), add sniper for OKW and USF to Tier 2
6 Feb 2016, 09:31 AM

snipers must be limited to 2
and i believe snipers must be remove from wehr and soviet, both of them must have sniper Ace (commander), add sniper for OKW and USF to Tier 2

Yes, also they should remove Grenadiers from Wehrmacht and Conscript Squads from Soviets and add them as commander skill, to balance things out. Maybe give the Grenadiers to OKW.
6 Feb 2016, 09:36 AM
Benefactor 115

USF is the one which suffers the most. Already on MP shortage and are supposed to "shine" in early game

Take it you haven't play Brits or you just lose your men due to a lack of unit preservation?

Snipers are fine as is, you should of play coh 1. Where Brits had to play 25 muni to have a chance to counter sniper or PE where they had to get an armored car (same deal as USF) and coh 1 snipers are alot better.

I have a feeling that this is a 3v3+ issue since going heavy snipers leaves you vulnerable
6 Feb 2016, 09:41 AM

I don't like snipers at all.
I'd much rather see some 3-men squad, very squishy, without any rec.acc bonuses with vet but with big sight and let's say snipe ability when enemy is under 60% of health + camo and maybe flares. For Brits it could be snare ability for example.
6 Feb 2016, 09:47 AM

I don't have a problem with coping with one but more than that is a comical tragedy,
6 Feb 2016, 10:01 AM

I don't have a problem with coping with one but more than that is a comical tragedy,

I don't really see the problem. If your enemy is spamming snipers, just fall back and rush a car/light tank/indirect fire to instantly counter it.
6 Feb 2016, 10:02 AM

I hate playing vs sniper, especially when I'm USF. I don't really like playing sniper myself either, though.
6 Feb 2016, 10:06 AM

Hardcaps on anything then heaviest units make no sense.

In any RTS.

We've had them in DoW1, it was horrible, dull and felt artificial.
It limits BOs, it limits possibilities, it narrows meta even more.

There isn't a single up side to hard caps on anything else then strongest units in any RTS and that is how it always was and should be.

There are units I don't like to fight against as well, but instead of whining about them, I simply build counter. The more opponent will spam that kind of unit, the harder it will be countered.
6 Feb 2016, 11:22 AM

Fun fact, brits don't have counter too. Best way is getting aec and hope ostheer won't have manpower for pak and sniper spam at once.
6 Feb 2016, 11:47 AM

I don't really see the problem. If your enemy is spamming snipers, just fall back and rush a car/light tank/indirect fire to instantly counter it.
Ever faced high level sniperspam + mines? You need a combination of pios + car. And then the pios get decimated which means your car can´t push any longer. That´s no fun. The same is possible with the triple mine cost bulletin and the Wehrmacht sniper.

And don´t give me: "But multiple snipers will punish the player as he doesn´t have much else." It is very viable in 2v2s. After about ten mins snipers have payed off and give you the upper hand, totally negating any infantry push.

Limit them to one for all factions.
6 Feb 2016, 12:12 PM

Ever faced high level sniperspam + mines? You need a combination of pios + car. And then the pios get decimated which means your car can´t push any longer. That´s no fun. The same is possible with the triple mine cost bulletin and the Wehrmacht sniper.

And don´t give me: "But multiple snipers will punish the player as he doesn´t have much else." It is very viable in 2v2s. After about ten mins snipers have payed off and give you the upper hand, totally negating any infantry push.

Limit them to one for all factions.

Mines cost munitions to plant, and depending on the map it is not always a viable option. For example, a decent OKW can get a Luchs out pretty early and wipe out enemy snipers by chasing them down. Yes, it's possible the enemy has planted mines, but very unlikely that he has mined the whole area surrounded him. The Luchs can easily flank from any side with infantry supporting it's advance.

I've faced as Brits sniper spam with mines and flanking around from another side worked for me, as I think early game players opt to just mine the predicted field of movement of enemy vehicles, which I think many players default it to being the most direct approach. You just have to use some gamesense and not fall for traps.
6 Feb 2016, 12:26 PM

A limit to the snipers is needed.double snipers shouldn't exist and ever be viable.
It's hard to predict when a sniper gonna hit the field,even more hard for the second one.
Best part is that you can hardly take advantage of it cause a grenadier squad can cover snipers.

6 Feb 2016, 13:22 PM

Snipers are like cancer...
6 Feb 2016, 13:36 PM

The only faction that struggles against Snipers is the USF which imo is bad design. But even in that matchup the nature of sniper play means that up into LT tech Rifles should have initiative while Grens + sniper defend their cut off. The sniper has little movement ability meaning you should be able to use LoS blockers to establish control and set up a large flank minimizing damage from sniper. But if you just keep putting your Rifles in one general area to get blasted like fish in a barrel while Grens win engagements, jokes on you.

Once the m20 comes out its a misconception that the m20 has to chase the sniper to base, presumably over a mine that seals the game. Once a sniper retreat is forced its better for m20 to pull off, confuse Ost player, and find the most obscure route into the base while the sniper is healing. Quickly cut him down pop smoke and leave, GG.

6 Feb 2016, 21:42 PM
6 Feb 2016, 22:24 PM
6 Feb 2016, 23:03 PM

OKW and USF need some reworking to handle snipers better, but limiting snipers (or any unit) is not the answer. Snipers are the counter to pure infantry spam, AT gun spam, etc. When poor army diversification gets rekt by its hard counter, there is nothing wrong with that.
7 Feb 2016, 00:51 AM

i disagree with pretty much all of this. snipers can be obscenely annoying in the hands of a good player, but there's a massive tradeoff. i've known a few guys that can manage 2 at a time, but it takes a ton of micro and it's very manpower-intensive. snipers also don't move around the map very quickly. this is definitely a L2P issue.
7 Feb 2016, 07:49 AM

Snipers I think are fine if the game were properly optimized, but they really shine a light on serious technical issues on the game.

They cost so much MP and their rate of fire is slow such that they don't pay themselves until several minutes of active firing.

In vCOH, the countersniping wars was kind of fun as it was split second use of turning off hold fire or performing perfectly timed flanks to expose one that could create fun tactical situations.

But in COH 2 both the AI and engine is worse. For one, snipers autoattack vehicles in this game ... Seriously wtf. And secondly the engine performance is very spikey and pathfinding is currently atrocious so countersniping seems very luck-based in a lot of situations. You have to hope your vehicles and units respond as told when performing flanks or chasing.

In strategic terms though, snipers are ok on most maps as the cost in MP and the need to keep them cloaked hinders your capping potential and leaves you vulnerable to big flanks. They are somewhat of a problem in longer games, but at the very least they force the other side to stop camping and go for the sniper. The game should be designed so that at every stage of the game, the other side has the offensive options to go after a sniper in a cost effective manner.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 42
unknown 40
Germany 3
Turkey 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %