Login

russian armor

Relic

6 Feb 2016, 04:39 AM

What is your ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) of a final complete balanced game for CoH2? Do you have a Project Timeline? or maybe is just on-going thing until you get CoH3 out?

I'm just asking...

Thank You
6 Feb 2016, 04:47 AM

Come on man, how can you expect relic to foresee any balance issues that far ahead? It's not as easy as it looks dude.
6 Feb 2016, 04:54 AM

as long as it took to balance coh1 :D
6 Feb 2016, 06:18 AM

The devs will only continue supporting this game with patches until the summer of next year, whether the game is balanced or not. Also there will likely still be another faction added sometime this summer too, if there release schedule continues as it has for the past 3 year. The game may never be perfectly balanced, especially since balance can often be subjective.
7 Feb 2016, 05:41 AM

The devs will only continue supporting this game with patches until the summer of next year, whether the game is balanced or not. Also there will likely still be another faction added sometime this summer too, if there release schedule continues as it has for the past 3 year. The game may never be perfectly balanced, especially since balance can often be subjective.

Their not going to add another bloody faction bro. There already stretched thin with 5, and remember vcoh only had 4. With 6 factions, the game would become really screwed up.
7 Feb 2016, 05:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 04:47 AMLatch
Come on man, how can you expect relic to foresee any balance issues that far ahead? It's not as easy as it looks dude.

It's been 3 years, the question isn't entirely unreasonable. Depending on how long you've been around, the game and community have experienced some crappy balance and Relic interaction with previous CM's and such.
7 Feb 2016, 05:57 AM

Their not going to add another bloody faction bro. There already stretched thin with 5, and remember vcoh only had 4. With 6 factions, the game would become really screwed up.
I remember all the people saying there would only be 4 factions. Their opinions are about as good as yours are now.

Factions bring in money, and I highly doubt they woould stop at unequal factions with more then a year left.

7 Feb 2016, 06:40 AM

I remember all the people saying there would only be 4 factions. Their opinions are about as good as yours are now.

Factions bring in money, and I highly doubt they woould stop at unequal factions with more then a year left.

More then a year left for what?

What faction could they possibly bring in, let's have some fun with this. :)
7 Feb 2016, 07:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 04:47 AMLatch

You understand it is a business? You just don't deliver product that keeps having issues after 3 years. In business, you have your Charter and Scope and you complete it. You don't just keep 'on-going' with the same issue, "balance", and then walk away from it with no accountability. You make a product and you deliver it with quality.
7 Feb 2016, 07:45 AM
Senior Editor Badge

It would be stupid for Relic to simply abandon support for coh2 with the War Paint thing going on, as well as the ESL tournaments (so far scheduled until 5 March). If they end support this summer... 3 months, 6 at most after ESL. Stormless had almost 2,000 viewers I believe, today when they were streaming the January monthly finals.

There's a lot of single player content Relic can put out with relatively little post-launch support necessary. ToW only goes until 1943, there's no British single-player, and they could always come out with some German campaign.

They can always release new skins for $$ too.

The more content they release, the more $$ they'll make. If they put out another faction...they could try but I don't know what they'll do, in all honesty.

Relic is certainly trying to grow the community. They're certainly trying and the playerbase is steadily growing with time, exposure, and more content. Opening up skins, mod tools, etc. really has helped as well!

CoH1 was supported for a veeeery long time and they even moved the servers over to Steam and it still has online support. No reason that coh2 won't lose, at least, online services for a long, long time.

Edit: ESL cups go until the beginning of April!
7 Feb 2016, 08:00 AM

More then a year left for what?

What faction could they possibly bring in, let's have some fun with this. :)
Quinn said they had a five year plan for the game. There has been a new multiplayer expansion every year at the same time. This isn't rocket science. I don't see why they would suddenly change this pattern on year 4.
7 Feb 2016, 09:39 AM

The only thing Im concerned about is ETA on tanks moving forward with ass :foreveralone:
7 Feb 2016, 21:36 PM

Quinn said they had a five year plan for the game. There has been a new multiplayer expansion every year at the same time. This isn't rocket science. I don't see why they would suddenly change this pattern on year 4.

Plans are arbitrary and can change. Because how many times has Relic really done what they set out to do? :snfPeter:

Even then, what Quinn said however long ago has no real effect on the now, as he isn't relevant anymore I assume. Was he the former CM? I wasn't around when he was.
7 Feb 2016, 22:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Plans are arbitrary and can change. Because how many times has Relic really done what they set out to do? :snfPeter:

Even then, what Quinn said however long ago has no real effect on the now, as he isn't relevant anymore I assume. Was he the former CM? I wasn't around when he was.

The CM before Cynthia was Jeffery Simpson "Noun". As far as I know, Duffy's a designer and always has been, but he's definitely not been a CM for CoH2.
7 Feb 2016, 22:59 PM

Balance is subjective... Even if Relic believed the balance was perfect, there would always be people who disagreed.
8 Feb 2016, 00:56 AM

Quinn Duffy is the head designer. A little more important then a simple community manager.
8 Feb 2016, 00:59 AM

Quinn Duffy is the head designer. A little more important then a simple community manager.

What I said still stands. You can ask Quinn if they still want to abide by this 5 year plan. Lots can change and be modified in 4 years.
8 Feb 2016, 05:12 AM

If they finish balancing everything, that's the time to release a new faction. Then they can start rebalancing all over again!
8 Feb 2016, 17:34 PM

I could live with small balance tweaks but reversing tanks when I want to move forward is too much after over 2 years since release...

Rotate -> Move not Move -> Rotate how hard is that? :snfQuinn:
8 Feb 2016, 18:16 PM

The devs will only continue supporting this game with patches until the summer of next year,

Link?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS