Login

russian armor

Lend lease in 1v1 and 2v2.

5 Feb 2016, 15:02 PM

I am really starting to enjoy this commander in cramped city maps.

It is also one of the few commanders I have where a half-track becomes part of the plan as the standard response to DShK is mortars and having a half-track nearby and conscripts usually means that it will always have a full hmg squad. Find the choke point and abuse the hell out of it.

By the time I hit 10 CP I can call-in at least 2 Shermans and usually have enough muni to upgrade both.

End goal is usually 3-4 shermans with enough cons to ensure they are fully repaired in 10 seconds.

What do my fellow comrades think of Lend Lease?

P.S. Muni caches are a must :P
5 Feb 2016, 15:18 PM

The DSK machinegun, because i love to shoot big loads on my ennemies :banana:

Jokes apart, i neither love or hate this doctrine, i use it sometimes, but only when i feel i wont need an offmap strike or some kind of heavies.
Usually i go for a T1 build with this one, tend to entirely skip T2 and rely on su76 and grenades for early AT.
I also like this version of the sherman (much more than the kv1).

Kozo.
5 Feb 2016, 15:57 PM

Usually i go for a T1 build with this one, tend to entirely skip T2 and rely on su76 and grenades for early AT.

I haven't been teching at all and getting away with it. I could just be getting lucky and getting people that aren't predicting sherman spam even though all the signs are there for those who can read them.

Hell, DSkH alone is enough of an early predictor of lend lease.
6 Feb 2016, 09:43 AM

This commander is very strong if you like going for sniper openings, the DSHKs allows you to stop the blobs while your sniper(s) go ham on the opponents

Fuel dropping a lot and getting some Su85s to support against heavier armor while the M4Cs flank does wonders, the only thing this commander really lacks is off map artillery, as long as you don't count the fuel planes dropping on your own troops :snfPeter:
6 Feb 2016, 09:46 AM

Shermans are only viable if you know you have already won the game.
aaa
6 Feb 2016, 11:00 AM

i think its not viable. 10 cp cherman tank is almost garbage. Every AT unit wipe floor with infinite number of those. No late game.
They bring a panther + werfer = gg lend lease.
And as with any other commander no answer to sniper.
6 Feb 2016, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 11:00 AMaaa
i think its not viable. 10 cp cherman tank is almost garbage.

So long as you are never resting, 10 cp comes very fast.

Every AT unit wipe floor with infinite number of those. No late game.

Not really sure what you are saying, but as far as late game is concerned, I wouldn't use it outside 1v1 and 2v2 where lots of cheap tanks mean less.

They bring a panther + werfer = gg lend lease.

Odds are he went werfer into panther. By then I have 3 shermans. Are you just being contrarian?

And as with any other commander no answer to sniper.

Build your own sniper? Seriously, are you just being contrarian for the fun of it?
13 Feb 2016, 09:19 AM

lend lease doesn't suck but i can see why people don't like it as shermans get crushed by panthers and above
13 Feb 2016, 23:46 PM

- Can still build multiple SU76 or SU85s or At mines, AT nades,
Zis-3...

Why would you assume Panthers are invulnerable?
14 Feb 2016, 00:45 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

The best is when you have an american and british ally to do a tech rush with. That way you're getting medium tanks way before 10CP. The M4C is great when spammed but usually you can get things out earlier when you are tag-teaming.

What are your thoughts on this? I'm interested to know whether you've tried this.
14 Feb 2016, 06:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2016, 00:45 AMwouren
The best is when you have an american and british ally to do a tech rush with. That way you're getting medium tanks way before 10CP. The M4C is great when spammed but usually you can get things out earlier when you are tag-teaming.

What are your thoughts on this? I'm interested to know whether you've tried this.

Can work but its company of Light vehicle anyway and your mate will be getting out stuart and aec way before 4 cp (fuel drop)
Ill stick to maxim spam and Shock rifle
14 Feb 2016, 06:46 AM

Can work but its company of Light vehicle anyway and your mate will be getting out stuart and aec way before 4 cp (fuel drop)
Ill stick to maxim spam and Shock rifle

Just played a mg spam shock rifle game on crossing vs okw. He went fortification doctrine which gave him everything he needed to fuck me up in everything i did. My flame arty couldn't even kill his pak43 even after multiple salvos.
14 Feb 2016, 07:56 AM

Just played a mg spam shock rifle game on crossing vs okw. He went fortification doctrine which gave him everything he needed to fuck me up in everything i did. My flame arty couldn't even kill his pak43 even after multiple salvos.

Ill Gladly analyize the replay, crosing is a very God map for maxims. Fortification is a shit doctrine. I think you did some Major fuck ups or your enemy was just way better (you can get top 10 players as enemy, everyone loses to them ) (talking about 1v1)
14 Feb 2016, 17:56 PM

Ill Gladly analyize the replay, crosing is a very God map for maxims. Fortification is a shit doctrine. I think you did some Major fuck ups or your enemy was just way better (you can get top 10 players as enemy, everyone loses to them ) (talking about 1v1)

Replay got corrupted. My opponent was 400 so it's possible he was at least top 300. What killed me was the zeroing arty killing both zis and destroying the guns cause i didn't move them fast enough. Cloaked rakets vs cloaked zis was like sub warfare though. Highly entertaining. I knew he would go fortification based on the map which meant i should have gone guards and 152 Howi but I didn't cause at the time I needed shocks.
20 Feb 2016, 04:53 AM

- Can still build multiple SU76 or SU85s or At mines, AT nades,
Zis-3...

Why would you assume Panthers are invulnerable?

Because all of them are okay but not great at tank killing unless in numbers. The AT gun has laughable penetration as well.

You're excluding Tigers, KTs and even flanking Pz4s. Panthers are the least of your worries.
20 Feb 2016, 11:02 AM

... Sigh. / Soviets are not meant to excel 1 vs 1 unit
Unless having vastly superior player skill. German's best core
tank is Panther.Soviet's best core tank is T34/76... 1 on 1...
No. /

Well, true. If I am playing 1 vs 1 and my opponent has tigers, KTs
and flanking Pz4s, then my ONE tank truly stands no chance.
Even if it is an IS-2.

You essentially said, no point using scissors, what if enemy has Rock? So, don't bother with scissors. / Ok. Now we are goners, because
we have nothing to stop paper. Paper is unstoppable! ;)

- Just don't let it get to that point. simple.
28 Mar 2016, 19:59 PM

The lend lease sherman is my favorite medium tank. It's got the fastest reload of any medium tank (I think its 4.1-4.5) and since the 34/76 sucks and is in t4, going for the M4C at cp 10 makes even more sense now. Lend lease is fun, tho if your against OKW, the fuel call-in is just flak hq fodder once its built.
30 Mar 2016, 19:22 PM

Personally , I love the M4C Sherman tank because it is able to do decent damage on both the infantry and light tanks. The only flaw is the 10 CP , which they do come , in my opinion , too late .

7 CP would be the best.
30 Mar 2016, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 19:22 PMArglist
Personally , I love the M4C Sherman tank because it is able to do decent damage on both the infantry and light tanks. The only flaw is the 10 CP , which they do come , in my opinion , too late .

7 CP would be the best.

lol 7cp are u smoking something. 9cp would be fair.
30 Mar 2016, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 19:59 PMDAZ187

lol 7cp are u smoking something. 9cp would be fair.

9cp would open up the commander a lot actually
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
France 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak