Login

russian armor

AEC Armor Car Timing Nerf

4 Feb 2016, 23:28 PM

Hello all,
I am high elo COH2 player. I think it is very necessary to Nerf British AEC Armor Car timing at the moment. Especially game modes like 2v2, 1v1.

Here are the reasons why,
1. British infantry section are stronger than grens. MGs too. They only cost 40 and 20 more man power each, in order to counter British early infantry, you either have to build more grens, or get a sniper. Both situations are going to put you behind tech to T2. If Brits rush AEC, they can get it out before 6 mins. You usually have your t2 building built, the best case is your pack building.

2.AEC just got a buff, and i feel like it is stronger than the american M8. Faster and has smoke screen ability. Does more damage to armor too. Plus the recent AT gun nerf, they are a lot room for British player to make a mistake. If a Wehrmacht player make a mistake,(ex grens retreated, and AEC can just flank your pack, even take one hit). You lose your pack after that, pretty much the game too. Because one pack cost 340 MP.(way too expensive for what it does) Plus the veterancy nerf on AT guns.

3. There are no ways to tell if the British tech ed up for a AEC, sniper or bofors. Unlike the american, you can see a lieutenant or a captain. (YEA you see the medic kit on the infantry section).

4. I know you guys are going to say mines, panzerfaust. A good player is very unlikly let you faust their vehicle.(takes 3 faust to kill a AEC. One good tellimine is enough, but maps like moscow outskirts, the possible routes the armored car can take is more than impassible to mine.( you have 120ish munation around 6 mins usually). If you mined the road you just have to take your chances, and you can't afford to upgrade for panzershrek. I thought the game is more about skill not luck to chance.
2 mins later Brits got 2 AEC, deal with that you Jerry bastard. Even with the mobile defense doc. AEC still stronger than the puma. Not to mention puma cost more resources and it came at 5 cp, usually 8-10 mins. Game is probably deiced by then. Oh, you build 2 paks, here comes commandos, you have no infantry to counter cuz 2 packs are 680 mp,the the price for a tiger.

Possible solutions,
Best solution:
1.Increase the time it take to unlock AEC
2.Allow PG to upgrade one panzershrek instead of two

Preferable solutions
1.increase the fuel to unlock AEC
2.reduce the cost of pak gun

Considerable solutions
1.Give pak gun camouflage ability, or first shot does extra damage
2. remove the early fuels British gets when the game start

4 Feb 2016, 23:51 PM
Donator 11

no....
The pak costs the same as the brit 6pndr (like 320 vs 340) and if anything, the AEC only needs a tech time delay for now.

The real issues is that brits early game is horrible, there are MANY ways of fixing this (giving them a 5th man, increase starting MP, etc.) The AEC is good but it gets countered by the OKW puma (which outranges it) or the OST pgren shrek and AT gun combo, if these don't work their are many other "light" counters that work such as the Pfaust, and double 222's works if you can get a flank in on it.

I see where your point is its changing so much stuff that could have large knock on effects aginst other factions other than simply brits.
4 Feb 2016, 23:53 PM

I don't think increasing unlock of AEC is a good idea because it'll just delay later armor even more. I agree it comes too early. If there was a way to split the tech for company command post and require half of it teched in order to get AEC then i t would be balanced. This was you don't invest so much resources to unlock one unit. Make AEC unlock after half of company command post is teched.
4 Feb 2016, 23:59 PM

no....
The pak costs the same as the brit 6pndr (like 320 vs 340) and if anything, the AEC only needs a tech time delay for now.

The real issues is that brits early game is horrible, there are MANY ways of fixing this (giving them a 5th man, increase starting MP, etc.) The AEC is good but it gets countered by the OKW puma (which outranges it) or the OST pgren shrek and AT gun combo, if these don't work their are many other "light" counters that work such as the Pfaust, and double 222's works if you can get a flank in on it.

I see where your point is its changing so much stuff that could have large knock on effects aginst other factions other than simply brits.

Brits doesn't need at gun vs Wehr before t3 most of time, Brits infantry are stronger than Wehr. Their cap power is limited, but in a game mode of 2v2 their american or soviet ally can do that for them. I don't know where u get the idea of brit early game is horrible. Plus infantry section scale much better than Grens.
5 Feb 2016, 00:04 AM

I don't think increasing unlock of AEC is a good idea because it'll just delay later armor even more. I agree it comes too early. If there was a way to split the tech for company command post and require half of it teched in order to get AEC then i t would be balanced. This was you don't invest so much resources to unlock one unit. Make AEC unlock after half of company command post is teched.

You don't need late armor when 2 AEC can just simply win you the game, plus Cromwell came way earlier than a panzer4. Not to mention Cromwell can beat panzer 4 1v1.
5 Feb 2016, 01:34 AM

I'm just saying, instead of making AEC an ALL IN thing by deciding to invest on huge unlock, make it somehow encourage the player to get 1 or 2 then tech further for more units instead of stale AEC spam and get early gg.
5 Feb 2016, 02:28 AM

This thread again
5 Feb 2016, 06:25 AM

Why someone still can't realize the fact that the Wehr is the worst faction now, this faction suffers from huge early-mid vehicle rush and bleed their MP like hell.I will give you an advice just don't touch Wehr any more. Play the OKW if you wanna play Axis,the OKW has everything except early HMG compared to the Wehr.
5 Feb 2016, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 06:25 AMatouba
Why someone still can't realize the fact that the Wehr is the worst faction now, this faction suffers from huge early-mid vehicle rush and bleed their MP like hell.I will give you an advice just don't touch Wehr any more. Play the OKW if you wanna play Axis,the OKW has everything except early HMG compared to the Wehr.

Well, according to most recent http://coh2chart.com/ pretty much all factions except UKF are balanced just fine. Speaking of 1s here.
5 Feb 2016, 09:05 AM

Thread nr 1000 about OP AEC :D

Timing - yes
Rest - no

I manage to get AEC in less than 5 min (4:48 if i remember correctly) which made this unit the king on the field becouse there was no simple real counter to it. I know there fuel cost is compensated by MP but fuel is the main reason it hit the field so early. Should be delayed by at least 1,5 - 2 min and show up at same time as stuart and p2. People should be more prepared for this unit after that.
5 Feb 2016, 09:44 AM

To be honest. I would take an AEC over a T-34 any day of the week. It's just too strong vs. inf.
5 Feb 2016, 10:47 AM

no....

Lol he only played 4 AXIS game and knows EVERTHING!
5 Feb 2016, 14:17 PM
Donator 11

Lol he only played 4 AXIS game and knows EVERTHING!

If you are looking at my player card it doesn't included 1v1s from ESL turnys as well as total number of games. I main OKW and Brits in 1v1 so far and I would go as far to say OKW is my best 1v1 faction as much as I dislike their tech and unit structure. That by no means that I only play allies but I do favor the allied play as its units allow for more meaningful outcomes due to their limitations.

The Brits as a whole, rely on the AEC to carry them, its a crutch such as OKW when their tech was being limited by their income. Their units were more potent to make up for lack in their tech, and in my opinion is a bad way to balance a game. For now thats what brits are, if you lose the AEC, you lose the 1v1 and if you are only calling me out because Ive solo que'd 1v1 germs in auto match 4 times means my 2000 hours of gameplay is irrelevant then sir you are looking in the wrong places to say someones argument is invalid.

OST has many options and light counters available to counter the AEC, if you don't know what they are then you should look for them and try different strats to counter it. Its hard to counter yes, but its not a "I lose as soon as the AEC hits the field". As I said the pgrenz are the meta for 1v1's and even double 222's or a single one can do decent damage to it while trading alright as they only cost 20fuel vs the AEC 50. I wouldn't recommend packs as its hard to line a shot up and it can simply pop smoke. If u are OKW it should be easier due to the Rekten cloak

As I said in my first post I said the AEC does need a timing change, or a debuff, but no changes to its role and combat abilities.
5 Feb 2016, 17:03 PM

If you are looking at my player card it doesn't included 1v1s from ESL turnys as well as total number of games. I main OKW and Brits in 1v1 so far and I would go as far to say OKW is my best 1v1 faction as much as I dislike their tech and unit structure. That by no means that I only play allies but I do favor the allied play as its units allow for more meaningful outcomes due to their limitations.

The Brits as a whole, rely on the AEC to carry them, its a crutch such as OKW when their tech was being limited by their income. Their units were more potent to make up for lack in their tech, and in my opinion is a bad way to balance a game. For now thats what brits are, if you lose the AEC, you lose the 1v1 and if you are only calling me out because Ive solo que'd 1v1 germs in auto match 4 times means my 2000 hours of gameplay is irrelevant then sir you are looking in the wrong places to say someones argument is invalid.

OST has many options and light counters available to counter the AEC, if you don't know what they are then you should look for them and try different strats to counter it. Its hard to counter yes, but its not a "I lose as soon as the AEC hits the field". As I said the pgrenz are the meta for 1v1's and even double 222's or a single one can do decent damage to it while trading alright as they only cost 20fuel vs the AEC 50. I wouldn't recommend packs as its hard to line a shot up and it can simply pop smoke. If u are OKW it should be easier due to the Rekten cloak

As I said in my first post I said the AEC does need a timing change, or a debuff, but no changes to its role and combat abilities.

???
5 Feb 2016, 21:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 06:25 AMatouba

Because Ostheer and OKW functioned perfectly fine prior to this patch. The only thing that changed was that the AEC got super buffed. Yet somehow it's doomsday for Wermacht to be up against ANY allied faction, even though ONE unit in ONE faction got touched, it somehow buffs USF and Soviets?

I agree the AEC needs a timing nerf, but this over exaggeration is a bit ridiculous.
6 Feb 2016, 03:56 AM

Because Ostheer and OKW functioned perfectly fine prior to this patch. The only thing that changed was that the AEC got super buffed. Yet somehow it's doomsday for Wermacht to be up against ANY allied faction, even though ONE unit in ONE faction got touched, it somehow buffs USF and Soviets?

I agree the AEC needs a timing nerf, but this over exaggeration is a bit ridiculous.

Just think about how can soviet do when they are facing Luchs without SU76/T70 and how can US do when they are facing Luchs with T2 units but not T3 units,especially in first 8 min battle. Ostheer has suffered from light vehicle rush for 1 year now the new AEC coming out just 2 min later than 222. The Osther don't have a light vehicle tier like all other 4 factions but still can't access to their heavy tier(T4) easily. Allies fanboys are just too blind to see this: Only T1 and T3 work effectively. 4 men squard infantry suffers from early anti-infantry vehicle kiting heavily, just like 4 men IS facing early Luchs but now the brits has earlier AEC which can counter both Luchs and Puma, meanwhile the Ost has no light tanks.

Edit: I remember relic said they encourage light tank playing but at the very least they need to give the OST light tanks but not light cars.Also, if the OST are supposed to suffer from early-mid light tank rush , but at least they should make their T4 easy to tech.
6 Feb 2016, 04:02 AM

Hello all,
I am high elo COH2 player. I think it is very necessary to Nerf British AEC Armor Car timing at the moment. Especially game modes like 2v2, 1v1.

Here are the reasons why,
1. British infantry section are stronger than grens. MGs too. They only cost 40 and 20 more man power each, in order to counter British early infantry, you either have to build more grens, or get a sniper. Both situations are going to put you behind tech to T2. If Brits rush AEC, they can get it out before 6 mins. You usually have your t2 building built, the best case is your pack building.

2.AEC just got a buff, and i feel like it is stronger than the american M8. Faster and has smoke screen ability. Does more damage to armor too. Plus the recent AT gun nerf, they are a lot room for British player to make a mistake. If a Wehrmacht player make a mistake,(ex grens retreated, and AEC can just flank your pack, even take one hit). You lose your pack after that, pretty much the game too. Because one pack cost 340 MP.(way too expensive for what it does) Plus the veterancy nerf on AT guns.

3. There are no ways to tell if the British tech ed up for a AEC, sniper or bofors. Unlike the american, you can see a lieutenant or a captain. (YEA you see the medic kit on the infantry section).

4. I know you guys are going to say mines, panzerfaust. A good player is very unlikly let you faust their vehicle.(takes 3 faust to kill a AEC. One good tellimine is enough, but maps like moscow outskirts, the possible routes the armored car can take is more than impassible to mine.( you have 120ish munation around 6 mins usually). If you mined the road you just have to take your chances, and you can't afford to upgrade for panzershrek. I thought the game is more about skill not luck to chance.
2 mins later Brits got 2 AEC, deal with that you Jerry bastard. Even with the mobile defense doc. AEC still stronger than the puma. Not to mention puma cost more resources and it came at 5 cp, usually 8-10 mins. Game is probably deiced by then. Oh, you build 2 paks, here comes commandos, you have no infantry to counter cuz 2 packs are 680 mp,the the price for a tiger.

Possible solutions,
Best solution:
1.Increase the time it take to unlock AEC
2.Allow PG to upgrade one panzershrek instead of two

Preferable solutions
1.increase the fuel to unlock AEC
2.reduce the cost of pak gun

Considerable solutions
1.Give pak gun camouflage ability, or first shot does extra damage
2. remove the early fuels British gets when the game start

Actually Brit Sections perform as well as Grens but in the late game the vet 3 lmg grens outgun brit sections.
6 Feb 2016, 06:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 03:56 AMatouba

Just think about how can soviet do when they are facing Luchs without SU76/T70 and how can US do when they are facing Luchs with T2 units but not T3 units,especially in first 8 min battle. Ostheer has suffered from light vehicle rush for 1 year now the new AEC coming out just 2 min later than 222. The Osther don't have a light vehicle tier like all other 4 factions but still can't access to their heavy tier(T4) easily. Allies fanboys are just too blind to see this: Only T1 and T3 work effectively. 4 men squard infantry suffers from early anti-infantry vehicle kiting heavily, just like 4 men IS facing early Luchs but now the brits has earlier AEC which can counter both Luchs and Puma, meanwhile the Ost has no light tanks.

That's not a fair comparison because Ostheer has tools that those factions don't have. What if I said this

"Just think how can soviet do against LMG Grens and how US faces Sniper or how Brits face Mortars."

Ostheer's Shtick is that they lack stronger light vehicle play. Say you give Ostheer a clone of the Stuart or something, or a non-doctrine puma. So now Ostheer has everything, while some factions have nothing.

The counters to light vehicle play are an AT gun and AT snares. I completely agree that light vehicles if well micro'd are pretty much impossible to destroy, and can only be deterred. I don't think the solution is to give Ostheer the same kind of vehicle, I think we should look to solving the root of the problem(Light vehicles are impossible to kill when they come out).

If we give Ostheer a light vehicle such as that this game is going to come down to light vehicle play only, if you lost yours you may as well just surrender. Deep strategy right there.
6 Feb 2016, 07:30 AM

Ostheer's Shtick is that they lack stronger light vehicle play.
That's their sole vulnerability. And guess what, each faction has one.

The problem with OST is that they don't know whether to invest in AI or AT early game, in other words they are on a manpower shortage.

The PaK40 seems quite unreliable against AEC/Stuart. They are too fast and have too much health, unlike the T70 which doesn't have the balls to enter its arc of fire as it will get twoshotted.

Brits having the best of everything and vetting up for literally nothing is a problem of its own.
6 Feb 2016, 07:53 AM

Brits having the best of everything and vetting up for literally nothing is a problem of its own.

Heh.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS