Login

russian armor

Panzergrenadiers 2x Panzershreck dealing 240 DMG in 1 volley

3 Feb 2016, 15:22 PM

So this allows bad players to comeback from a definite defeat with a flamboyant grin on their face. 2 of them can almost oneshot any allied medium vehicle. Mgs aren't that effective against ostheer due to their powerful Tier1 units so that's not an option.

The biggest loser here is USF as they rely so much on light and medium vehicle play to remain even remotely relevant at competitive levels.
3 Feb 2016, 15:27 PM
Donator 11

If one has 120 muni to build a shreck he is not defeated yet. They also don't oneshot any medium vehicle and can be blown up with one HE shell from sherman. Don't really get the point about mgs, if t1 is so good why they have so many problems dealing with maxim spam?

As for the "competitive" word, so you think that why is usf used in esl?
3 Feb 2016, 15:29 PM

I think Panzergrenadiers AT is perfectly balanced, and certainly better thought out than VolksVolksAT.
3 Feb 2016, 15:29 PM

Its official now, .org is new official forum, can't get lower then that.

If opponent came back with just pgren shrecks addition, then you weren't dominating as much as you thought.
3 Feb 2016, 15:33 PM

I was fully dominating him. However he dropped a few munis from the air, picked them up and went apeshit with PGren spam.

So all that early struggle to control both fuel points meant nothing.
3 Feb 2016, 15:36 PM

In next episode: AT cannons op because they can kill tanks
3 Feb 2016, 15:36 PM

I dont think pgrens are a comeback unit in any way.

They are only a 4 man squad, often gibbed.

They do not nearly 1 shot any allied medium vehicle, and dont forget they have a reload time, at long range you dont actually have to leave as soon as u are struck by the volley.

Have u considered that good "light and medium vehicle play" involves screening for your vehicles with infantry. Would reduce effectiveness of pgrens significantly, as a small squad they will drop models fast in face of a couple of rifles focusing them as they try to run after ur vehicle.

Infantry, that should be at a relative advantage to the german infantry which has spent all its munis on shreks not lmg's.
3 Feb 2016, 15:39 PM

This is getting embarrassing. Where are all of these new people coming from that are spamming bad idea, whining balance threads?
3 Feb 2016, 15:40 PM

In next episode: AT cannons op because they can kill tanks

Actually, we used to have threads like that, multiple ones. :snfBarton:
3 Feb 2016, 16:01 PM

Wow, the first time I see someone call Panzergrens OP *facepalm*
And also, as USF, you have quite a massive number of light vehicles to rape Ostheer with. And the fact that he has manpower and munition to go "apeshit" with Panzergrens means that he can, and will counter-attack. Also, he...

...Wait for it...

#adapt
3 Feb 2016, 16:04 PM

Actually, we used to have threads like that, multiple ones. :snfBarton:

I know, i was there, i still remenber things like "bazookas op because they arent skillshots"
3 Feb 2016, 16:08 PM

remove volk schreck, reduce pzgren schreck to 1. everyone, beside blobbing turds, will love it
3 Feb 2016, 16:16 PM
Donator 11

I dont have an issue with pgrens having AT, its perfectly fair as they lose their 2 Stg's meaning they suck vs shocks or other inf.

I do have an issue withe the long range accuracy of the shreck as many others have pointed out as it makes kiting them very hard to deal with.

Then again it should be a l2p issue as you should know that they lose the two smgs and gain some heavy AT for 120muni. This means you dont counter this build with tanks rather with inf.
3 Feb 2016, 16:23 PM

i Remember many many months ago i 4v4 and 3v3 i would build three squads of pgrens with shrecks, it was fun when it worked. Didn't work very often though, mainly just a waste of popcap, manpower and munis.
3 Feb 2016, 16:41 PM

i Remember many many months ago i 4v4 and 3v3 i would build three squads of pgrens with shrecks, it was fun when it worked. Didn't work very often though, mainly just a waste of popcap, manpower and munis.

I thought quite the opposite. Many many moons ago they were SO effective that they had to have their veterancy adjusted. 6 shreks and 6 stgs were the walking blob of doom then. Katyushas weren't buffed yet and any Soviet infantry at the time were wrecked.
Anyways, that's why they were nerfed pretty hard, once upon a time.
3 Feb 2016, 16:43 PM

ah kk, well maybe it was more due to my lack of skill and/or ingested/inhaled substances which i find reduce ability but increase immersion and atmosphere ten fold. :p
3 Feb 2016, 16:45 PM

OP has like 4 threads right now complaining/trolling axis. Can we ban and move on please.
3 Feb 2016, 17:42 PM
Donator 22

240 munition for two upgraded AT-squads with decent AI now, who can easily get oneshottet or crushed.
3 Feb 2016, 18:24 PM

Its official now, .org is new official forum, can't get lower then that.

If opponent came back with just pgren shrecks addition, then you weren't dominating as much as you thought.

Yeah

OP, I hope you know that munitions actually does play a significant part of the game and it's just not about fuel
3 Feb 2016, 18:47 PM

The biggest loser here is USF as they rely so much on light and medium vehicle play to remain even remotely relevant at competitive levels.

Play a few games as ostheer and see how difficult the ostheer's early game is vs the USF and their light vehicle play. Without even mentioning the riflemen who out-DPS your grens before the LMG upgrade. And a rifle squad with M1919s is still a good match vs grens.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★