6%
24%
8%
1%
10%
Total votes: 71
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Feb 2016, 08:08 AM

I know this forum is located in America and many users are from there. And many people playing against or with USF faction are complaining about the usage of this commander especially in team modes.

From what I see there are two different complains:

1- its OP
2- Everybody have it, 4vs4 are USF Calliope spamfest.

Since I don't own the commander, I can't really agree or disagree with the OPness from a user perspective. But where I'm really surprised is the fact I don't really see this commander in usage. I can't remember the last time I played with a USF Tactical commander user in a random match.
I also know fora are a place for hyperbolic comments and apocalyptic descriptions so thinking about it, after reading this response from Cooky the best first step to understand why so many people here are complaining about it and why I almost never see the commander im game is maybe linked to a regional usage. Like I said since many users are from America and I'm not, maybe there is are different usage of buying stuff (OP or not) between Europ and America, and especially USF stuff which is particularly linked to American people.

Because in my personal experience of European guy, majority of faction displayed when I'm playing 4vs4 are Brit, first in my clan people love it (but we aren't brit) and in random.
Let's say, on a 4vs4, the chance to have at least 2 brit player is particularly important compared to USF or Sov. And when there are USF players, I almost never see the tactical commander in their pool.
3 Feb 2016, 12:11 PM

Im European too, and i see it all the time. Its actually got to the point where i dont want to play axis in 2v2.

Narrow maps like road to kharkov, brit arty cover and USF with 3-4 calliopies. Its just not fun. Its like when the isg was broken, you wouldnt want to play allies, because its just not fun to play against.

Even if its not spammed, its such a joke of a unit, just use its hp and armour to run it close to frontline at low risk, and have an extremely high chance of gibbing a squad or a group of squads that arent even out of position with 0 chance to react.

Its made to punish blobs, but it punishes just having your infantry on the field anywhere even on their own too. And also punishes the choice of making a support weapon.
3 Feb 2016, 12:16 PM

It is mostly British Arty cover that makes Calli hunting rather difficult. It does need some kind of change, or a price hike.
3 Feb 2016, 12:33 PM

Dont play but watching alot of streams. Everytime a usf is involved it's like a 8/10 Chance that calliope is Picked from my viewing experience
3 Feb 2016, 12:37 PM

its allways there, like stukas, panzerwerfers and katiushas, people seem to love them regardless their performance
3 Feb 2016, 13:15 PM

Dont play but watching alot of streams. Everytime a usf is involved it's like a 8/10 Chance that calliope is Picked from my viewing experience

Don't disagree with you but I'm probably unlucky because I almost never see the commander played. But I should play more Axis probably.
3 Feb 2016, 13:45 PM
Senior Caster Badge

When i see as USF with calliope in loadout, i most likely get the calliope in my face..
3 Feb 2016, 13:55 PM

I do play and face Calliope, but never in 1v1.
However in multiplayer, they are present in equal quantity with StukazufuB, katy and werfer. I don't have anything to say about the Opness too, when i eat a good volley i blame myself for blobbing most of the time.

Kozo.
3 Feb 2016, 15:05 PM

If they have it in there loadout I see it in the game. That's my experience
3 Feb 2016, 15:18 PM
Donator 11

Now I know that the thread is mostly about team games but have you seen what is happening in esl? Every time usf is played its calliope. Its simply becouse it is better than any other usf commander due to having both lmgs from infantry company, good late game artillery, recon, pinning strafe and even the soviet version of ht that allows you to skip lt. This is like the only commander that has all abilities being widely used. It's not a bad thing, just all the other commanders stand no chance.
3 Feb 2016, 15:28 PM
Donator 11

You know, Rocket Artillery has been in the game for a very long time, why does Calliope rustle so many jimmies? Is it the all of a sudden appearance of a good artillery piece that annoys players?

I mean it's really expensive... Getting 3-4 would mean not getting any tanks. It costs more than a Panzer IV, a Jackson, or a Sherman.

Of course USF players are going to use it! USF has terrible commanders and this is one of the few decent ones. M1919s, M5 HT, AND the Calliope? Vs. what, a 900 MP Paratrooper drop lolololol?

I agree that late game more often than not becomes rocket artillery fest, but the Calliope is not to blame exclusively, it is the effectiveness of the Walking Stuka and the Panzerwerfer as well. Maybe tone all of them down if the issue is Rocket Artillery spam.

But I understand where the frustration comes from as I'm a dirty Axis camper and my strat gets hard countered by Calliopes. I actually don't make Forward Medic HQs anymore because of this...

And yes, I am a huge Tactical Support Company user as I've always been a fan of artillery & M1919s. Before Tactical Support Company I used to only pick Infantry Company for the M1919s & Priest & Arty Call-in. Tac Supp is a better version.
3 Feb 2016, 15:30 PM

You know, Rocket Artillery has been in the game for a very long time, why does Calliope rustle so many jimmies?

1. get puma
2. shoot on katyuscha
3. shoot on calliope

post results
3 Feb 2016, 15:37 PM

I think many of you missread my thread, I'm not complaining about anything, just that I never see Calliope, like I just finish a game and it was me USF + 3 Brits and it is all the time like that.

I just wanted to see if it was related to a region, seems not, I was curious.
3 Feb 2016, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 15:37 PMEsxile
I think many of you missread my thread, I'm not complaining about anything, just that I never see Calliope, like I just finish a game and it was me USF + 3 Brits and it is all the time like that.

I just wanted to see if it was related to a region, seems not, I was curious.

You don't see Calliopes? Come on.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/48084/calliope-commander-every-single-game
3 Feb 2016, 15:44 PM

You don't see Calliopes? Come on.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/48084/calliope-commander-every-single-game

Hey don't take it wrong but this is the true. Somewhat I'm sad to not have those easy wins with 3xUSF Tactical commander random mates :D
3 Feb 2016, 16:12 PM

my m8 had 9 calliOPs which could easily oneshot panthers

balance done right /gg/
3 Feb 2016, 20:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You know, Rocket Artillery has been in the game for a very long time, why does Calliope rustle so many jimmies? Is it the all of a sudden appearance of a good artillery piece that annoys players?

1-Cause it has a similar damage profile with the Pwerfer. And people complain about the Pwerfer. People don't complain about the Katyusha cause it has a much worst profile (one would say balanced)
2-Cause it shoot the same amount of rockets on first salvo as Pwerfer. Katyusha 4x4 is way more balanced that 10x8/10x4
3-Cause it has 4x the amount of health and just like any other USF vehicle can be effectively decrew to save popcap.
3 Feb 2016, 20:52 PM

Where's the "No, because I'm stingy" option :snfPeter:
3 Feb 2016, 21:02 PM

You're all lucky that Lelic didn't make the CalliOP to shoot it's main gun :snfQuinn:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★