Lockdown all buildings on the map at the start of a match

Good idea?
Option Distribution Votes
27%
73%
Total votes: 70
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Feb 2016, 00:47 AM

This meta is getting old. Just rush your OP unit there and stay in like a parasite, with a grim on your face, and wait for your OP vehicles. No strategy whatsoever.
3 Feb 2016, 01:02 AM

inb4 lock
3 Feb 2016, 01:03 AM
Donator 11

Shhh, I'll give you advice but don't tell anybody, it's a secret: Units in green cover win against units in building cover.
3 Feb 2016, 01:03 AM

I agree with your thoughts but I won*t say its op. I think some maps are ok.Some aren't.
Houses on Angoville, Semois, and Kholodny break the game from time to time.
3 Feb 2016, 01:43 AM

Shhh, I'll give you advice but don't tell anybody, it's a secret: Units in green cover win against units in building cover.
If they're at least > 10 range away (because cover goes away within 10 range)
WAIT BUT WHERE YOU GET YOUR STATS TELL ME MAGICIAN
3 Feb 2016, 01:52 AM
Donator 11

If they're at least > 10 range away (because cover goes away within 10 range)
WAIT BUT WHERE YOU GET YOUR STATS TELL ME MAGICIAN

Yeah, true, that one I would tell him if he would ask for help instead of asking for changing the game he doesn't understand... In this case it would be better for him to learn the second part firsthand :megusta:

Btw. I feel like I'm turning into katitof, what to do doc? Kappa

EDIT: Not to be a scumbag I'll add one more piece of advice: Those key buildings tend to have a side with only one window or even with none. Thanks to the magic of coh2 enemy soldiers in building have to shoot through windows to hit you, but your soldiers that are outside can kill them through wall just as fast as they would facing a window, no matter how strong the wall is. That means you can sit with your squad even without cover and no matter the range and easily win a fight. Obviously in one window scenario it won't work against mgs as they can use all firepower through one window. In that case you can circle around the building and kite the mg, or attack from 2 different directions. Axis and brit mgs take ages to change windows so it should be easy, other factions don't get the T0 mg so they can't rush it to the building.
3 Feb 2016, 03:07 AM

Did relic revert the change where they made it so u can have a while squad shooting through 1 window?
3 Feb 2016, 03:35 AM

this doesn't make sense.
3 Feb 2016, 14:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Axis and brit mgs take ages to change windows so it should be easy, other factions don't get the T0 mg so they can't rush it to the building.

PSA: all MG rotate windows at the same speed. It used to be related to the reload of each MG but that was changed a while ago.
3 Feb 2016, 14:35 PM
Donator 11

PSA: all MG rotate windows at the same speed. It used to be related to the reload of each MG but that was changed a while ago.

Must have missed that one. Do you know when it got changed?
3 Feb 2016, 14:44 PM

Pssst

Get Flamers and indirect fire.

Then again maybe he's right, OP units gonna be OP and there probably isn't anything you can do about it.
3 Feb 2016, 15:27 PM

Just to give lelic an idea;

LOOOOOL!
3 Feb 2016, 15:45 PM

There's a nifty little gadget in the USF arsenal. It's really cheap and is available to the mainline infantry. It's used to obstruct vision.
Combine this with a so called flank and you are golden.
3 Feb 2016, 15:46 PM

I partially agree,especially on the last picture.
Units in buildings have 0.55 acc modifier.
Use cover that is 10 meters aways from the building and try to position where the least windows are.
3 Feb 2016, 15:50 PM

Must have missed that one. Do you know when it got changed?

A year ago.
3 Feb 2016, 15:51 PM

I'm more annoyed that HMGs in buildings auto rotate themselves to a better window. There should be a better approach to HMGs in buildings as certain buildings on certain maps when crewed with HMGs cover large areas of that map without any user input, which result in a lockdown of a few sectors from early on.

I am also annoyed that HMGs in building have their shooting arc bugged - they always shoot further than what the arc shows.
3 Feb 2016, 17:13 PM
Donator 11

Just to give lelic an idea;

LOOOOOL!

How the hell did he manage to "rush" the building that is just outside your base and miles away from his? :huhsign: Are you sure you didn't screw up terribly?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★