Login

russian armor

Ostheer Railway Artillery

PAGES (10)down
4 Feb 2016, 22:15 PM
Donator 33

I didn't miss read the no flares suggestion, but if this change comes sure. Maybe it means the old B4 can return under a similar mechanic such as, you build the B4 and cant use precision strikes until you hit 12cps then unlocks the precision strike ability. Then no flares mega bombs for all, everyone's favourite.
4 Feb 2016, 22:18 PM

I didn't miss read the no flares suggestion, but if this change comes sure. Maybe it means the old B4 can return under a similar mechanic such as, you build the B4 and cant use precision strikes until you hit 12cps then unlocks the precision strike ability. Then no flares mega bombs for all, everyone's favourite.
Hmmm... I suppose the loud noise of the shell mid-air, and the intense screen shake should be a good enough indication that there's a 7 ton butt-plug coming there way...

No flares it is. Not to mention it's not only noise and screen shake, but instead it's 20 seconds worth of noise and screen shake.
5 Feb 2016, 03:08 AM

No time to react agasint single shell landing in the middle of red flares? come on...

For the average player 4 to 5 seconds isn't that much time.
5 Feb 2016, 05:32 AM

I can't believe I didn't think of this as the 3D example of the blast radius. Even though the new railway artillery ironically cannot fire into base sectors.
5 Feb 2016, 09:40 AM

Source for the V1?

I'd love to hear it.

https://youtu.be/j6Plkjsx_s8?t=16m9s

You got afro american voice and the "kraut rocket ship incoming"
5 Feb 2016, 13:04 PM

For the average player 4 to 5 seconds isn't that much time.

Really? 5secs is not enought to geat out of the small radius 1 shell? (since second anf third would come at 10-15sec)

Well, let me tell you something.
Mechanized company arty comes with 6 secs and it comes all over the circle, not just center spot.
CAS Stuka - 4-6secs depends where you use it.
Incendiary - same thing 4-6secs.
Mechanized doctrine (the one with assault grens) also has off map. 5 secs from the first red flare.

There are already abilities which work after 5secs and they do it on the bigger area than single shell.
5 Feb 2016, 14:15 PM
Donator 33

I think Zanzibar has shown more than adequately that railway is still extremely potent. So I'm not sure why we want to retread a perfectly good tyre, when things like allied supply drop have bugs, satchels take your money and run and you can sweep for mines by trying to plant your own. The first shell deals it damage direct in target, something Gustav didn't really deliver if we want to be winging about how relic didn't make it a dear star.

Repeat aswell, if this concept was even be in concideration, since the B4 provides ample warning without flares, at 12 CP mark the B4 could unlock precision strikes, being limited by a universal timer regardless of cannons constructed. I'm much more partial to hearing universal ideas that show desire to improve the game entire, as railway strike is used to great effect even now, the B4 is parked in a Siberian shed.
5 Feb 2016, 14:27 PM

The most op arty ever was in a multiplayer match in Generals. I spawned on a map which had cliffs around my base impossible to go beyond, confined in my base. I though wtf but started building some troops anyway. And then the entire screen filled with bombs from the sky and wiped away everything I had. GG.

(some people used hackz in that game even...)
5 Feb 2016, 16:04 PM

I think Zanzibar has shown more than adequately that railway is still extremely potent. So I'm not sure why we want to retread a perfectly good tyre, when things like allied supply drop have bugs, satchels take your money and run and you can sweep for mines by trying to plant your own. The first shell deals it damage direct in target, something Gustav didn't really deliver if we want to be winging about how relic didn't make it a dear star.

Repeat aswell, if this concept was even be in concideration, since the B4 provides ample warning without flares, at 12 CP mark the B4 could unlock precision strikes, being limited by a universal timer regardless of cannons constructed. I'm much more partial to hearing universal ideas that show desire to improve the game entire, as railway strike is used to great effect even now, the B4 is parked in a Siberian shed.

Dear Reader,

I understand that railway artillery is fine how it is, I'm just reworking how railway artillery functions in the ways I'd think they'd fit better into the game. I agree that there are many other things that are broken in this game, but I decided to not look into them, and instead just focus on this for awhile. To think this idea all started with an incorrect audio line that I heard in just one game. A similar example was with OKW, how it was perfectly fine how it was, but then relic completely changed how they work and play. I understand if this currently irrelevant to you, and I'm perfectly OK with that. Instead of continuing on about how this thread is a waste of space, instead let's say that the new railway artillery that I demonstrate in the main post was what we have currently, and that there's no way to change it back, how would you adjust it while keeping it similar to what it is on the main post?

~Kar
5 Feb 2016, 16:44 PM

The idea of iWipe button for tons of ammo is dumb.

Just lower time for the first and next shells and keep ling time, give louder sound and remove flares.

Just like Jadgtiger with 500 penetration needs bulletins for higher penetration :snfPeter:

Hey those bulletins serve a valuable purpose--troll detection.
5 Feb 2016, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 16:44 PMWygrif

Hey those bulletins serve a valuable purpose--troll detection.

Jagdtiger OP :luvDerp:
5 Feb 2016, 17:54 PM

In my opinion, I think my idea is polished enough so far. If anyone has any ideas for changes to the current state of the new railway artillery, please explain. :)
5 Feb 2016, 18:29 PM

But we don't need changes :facepalm:

It's like making topic about changes for Shock troops call in - we don't need any changes.

Just make shells drop faster.
5 Feb 2016, 18:35 PM

Current Ost Railway Arty is useless except for area denial or all in pushes but frankly I dont see the merit in the change you propose.
5 Feb 2016, 19:05 PM
Donator 33

Neither do I, and "Dear" OP you do not run these forums, if you are not happy with discussion I recommend another place as there is as of yet not a no discussion section. Presenting one arty issue with no willingness to discuss even one other is welcoming trouble from across the forum. You cannot discuss ost railway I'm a vacuum, this is Coh2, not a vacuum. Rudeness is not required.
5 Feb 2016, 19:51 PM

It's like making topic about changes for Shock troops call in - we don't need any changes.

:D
5 Feb 2016, 19:52 PM

:D

It's a small tweak, not a change :P
5 Feb 2016, 19:59 PM

You think I don't already know that?
Now please read the following:

Dear Reader,

I understand that railway artillery is fine how it is, I'm just reworking how railway artillery functions in the ways I'd think they'd fit better into the game. I agree that there are many other things that are broken in this game, but I decided to not look into them, and instead just focus on this for awhile. To think this idea all started with an incorrect audio line that I heard in just one game. A similar example was with OKW, how it was perfectly fine how it was, but then relic completely changed how they work and play. I understand if this currently irrelevant to you, and I'm perfectly OK with that. Instead of continuing on about how this thread is a waste of space, instead let's say that the new railway artillery that I demonstrate in the main post was what we have currently, and that there's no way to change it back, how would you adjust it while keeping it similar to what it is on the main post?

~Kar
5 Feb 2016, 20:44 PM

Current Ost Railway Arty is useless except for area denial or all in pushes but frankly I dont see the merit in the change you propose.

I agree, but what I see in this change, is instead of just area denial, it's more of a breakthrough kind of ability, where the enemies can still be there for 20 seconds after called, but they will meet their impending doom. If they build up in an area (Such as a major chokepoint) then that will be the perfect time to use this ability. It's a lot more direct than the current railway artillery. Also, I haven't actually checked the difference between the brit's railway artillery, and the ostheer's, can you tell me if you know them at the moment?
5 Feb 2016, 20:56 PM

Neither do I, and "Dear" OP you do not run these forums, if you are not happy with discussion I recommend another place as there is as of yet not a no discussion section. Presenting one arty issue with no willingness to discuss even one other is welcoming trouble from across the forum. You cannot discuss ost railway I'm a vacuum, this is Coh2, not a vacuum. Rudeness is not required.

Remember when people were giving actual feedback that I could use to adjust my idea without scrapping it completely back when I started this thread? Some examples of what I find as good feedback that I can edit into my thread includes: "400 munitions is too much for the ostheer" or "30 seconds is too long of time before the shell drops." Those are the types of feedback I want, not the generic "I don't want change" comment. This thread is based off of the change that I want to suggest, for the railway artillery, and I'd rather keep it on that basis. In my opinion, other forms of change for the railway artillery can pleasantly make themselves at home on a different thread.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS