Login

russian armor

Ostheer Railway Artillery

PAGES (10)down
3 Feb 2016, 22:52 PM

Inb4 this thing causes crashes, bugsplats or any other crazy thing because of the sheer chaos that will cause in game :P
3 Feb 2016, 22:58 PM

Gotta tune your graphics settings if you're ever playing with this commander, or randoms in general after this patch. :megusta:
4 Feb 2016, 03:46 AM

Inb4 this thing causes crashes, bugsplats or any other crazy thing because of the sheer chaos that will cause in game :P

Imagine the updated victory strike...
A quick succession of multiple Gustav shells fired at one spot...
4 Feb 2016, 05:13 AM

Nope. I'm playing Company of Heroes, not Company of Offmaps.
4 Feb 2016, 06:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2016, 18:48 PMKuprix
Given your whole idea (its dmg, range, delay) this ability would only be dangerous vs emplacements. In 30 sec (even 15) a good player can move all their troops. And paying 400 ammo for a couple of emplacements is... not that good trade.

+1. 400 ammo would be too much. Maybe only in team games...
4 Feb 2016, 10:47 AM

This would allow some free wins, just have 4 of these fire at the same time and just watch the filthy peasant computers crash MVGame
4 Feb 2016, 14:01 PM

+1. 400 ammo would be too much. Maybe only in team games...

It's been updated to 325.
4 Feb 2016, 14:02 PM

This would allow some free wins, just have 4 of these fire at the same time and just watch the filthy peasant computers crash MVGame

I guess that's where recommended specs come in, minimum is a literal minimum for all graphics.
4 Feb 2016, 14:03 PM

Nope. I'm playing Company of Heroes, not Company of Offmaps.

Just changing one off-map ability makes this game "Company of Off-Maps", good logic.
4 Feb 2016, 14:50 PM

Just leave alone something what is perfectly fine. It's not UP, nor OP.

Just make shells faster (4-5sec) or keep them 10+sec but remove flares.

/Thread.
4 Feb 2016, 15:01 PM

Just leave alone something what is perfectly fine. It's not UP, nor OP.

Just make shells faster (4-5sec) or keep them 10+sec but remove flares.

/Thread.

I never said anything was wrong with it, It's just a suggested change that I think would improve the game in it's own way.
4 Feb 2016, 15:14 PM

I never said anything was wrong with it, It's just a suggested change that I think would improve the game in it's own way.

Let me guess, at the same time you're in full support of nerfing british off-maps and would never want to see air superiority restored to pre-nerf state? :snfBarton:
4 Feb 2016, 15:16 PM

Let me guess, at the same time you're in full support of nerfing british off-maps and would never want to see air superiority restored to pre-nerf state? :snfBarton:

I'm actually just fine with british off-maps, even though I play mostly axis. They serve a purpose that can change the game, and not just any average artillery barrage.

...As for the British Air Superiority, It would be fine to be restored back to pre-nerf state, but maybe with a little bit more time to move your units out of the way if you're paying attention to them.
4 Feb 2016, 15:36 PM

I'm actually just fine with british off-maps, even though I play mostly axis. They serve a purpose that can change the game, and not just any average artillery barrage.

...As for the British Air Superiority, It would be fine to be restored back to pre-nerf state, but maybe with a little bit more time to move your units out of the way if you're paying attention to them.

This is not a design I want to see in the game.

Offmaps should serve a purpose to support your army. They should not be ultra powerful army sweepers. I already think British Arty Cover and Ostheer Stuka Close Air Support are OP because one click allows you to do massive damage to an enemy army. Restore Air Superiority to anything near pre-nerf state and give Ostheer something that clears an entire screeen and is utterly uncounterable for Brits and their settlements, and yeah, Company of Offmaps will start to be real in 2v2+.

Railway Arty already does what it is supposed to do, create big holes where you point it at. It already one-shots unbraced emplacements. Anything more is redundant, I think, and one-shotting braced emplacements, no matter the cost, is lame because it allows no opportunity for counter play.
4 Feb 2016, 15:44 PM

First of all, railway arty isn't just the gustav, the vast majority of railway arty piece are smaller caliber going from 21cm to more, those railway arty guns seems to be more in line with the railway arty as it is in the game (not nuking the map but still big explosions, and 3 shots from different arty pieces)

The big guns weren't that useful to the war, it was just pride and ego, Gustav only fired 48 shell in 1942, destroying some bunkers and a munition storage underground but the dora never fired a shot, they were a pain in the ass when they would have to retreat:romeoMug:

The only way to make your idea to work is to get only one single massive shell arty:snfPeter:

And it would be far worse than it is in the game right now
4 Feb 2016, 15:59 PM

It already one-shots unbraced emplacements.

600 Damage. Mortor pit has the least amount of HP with only 700.
4 Feb 2016, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 15:44 PMShanka
First of all, railway arty isn't just the gustav

I understand it, and if this isn't being added into the game, they should remove this piece of dialogue said when firing railway artillery: "Schwerer Gustav Firing."
4 Feb 2016, 16:09 PM

600 Damage. Mortor pit has the least amount of HP with only 700.

1.25 dmg modifier is in place for emplacements on explosives, ballistics and flame weapons.
4 Feb 2016, 16:11 PM

1.25 dmg modifier is in place for emplacements on explosives, ballistics and flame weapons.

Sorry, forgot about the damage modifier. By the way, love the sarcasm quote in your signature.
4 Feb 2016, 16:29 PM

I understand it, and if this isn't being added into the game, they should remove this piece of dialogue said when firing railway artillery: "Schwerer Gustav Firing."

There is so much dialogues unused and dialogs outdated it makes me cry

V1 voices :foreveralone:
Afro voices for USF :foreveralone:
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak