Login

russian armor

Full meta maxim spam

20 Feb 2016, 15:53 PM

I have been using ISGs in 1v1s and 2v2s to some success against maxims but what I think is key is when you are using your ISGs you need to keep them closer to the action or else you end up using the barrage ability and then end up as shitty mortars. The barrage does have some use against MGs in buildings and against mortar crews but if you can scout with a volks squad (stuffing them into a building or green cover) and then keep your ISGs at mid range you can smoke them pretty quick.

Something else to keep in mind is that you should be trying to deny your enemy key houses in the early game if you suspect maxim spam (ie. bulletins suggest as much). House cover is better than green cover against small arms fire but that said incendiary nades do 25% extra damage to units in green cover and houses. Even if he does dodge it you would likely be able to do considerable damage to it by simply getting it out of cover.
20 Feb 2016, 16:48 PM

why people dont spam mg34 ? i am not okw player but mg34 cost only 210 so i guess u can spam them more than maxims right ? Or maybe mg34 sux too much ? :guyokay:
20 Feb 2016, 17:16 PM

why people dont spam mg34 ? i am not okw player but mg34 cost only 210 so i guess u can spam them more than maxims right ? Or maybe mg34 sux too much ? :guyokay:

you can a move maxims and use them as suppression conscripts due to the fast set up time.

mg34's will get murdered as soon as you try to do the same thing
20 Feb 2016, 17:40 PM

BUff mg34..??? that will help against vet 3 rifle and cons blobs also..???
21 Feb 2016, 04:01 AM

Because Mg34:

• Has 4 men and cant tank moltovs, explosives and damage
  • Has about the same DPS at long range as a single conscript
  • Comes a little late at 1 cp
  • Has a long teardown and setup time, meaning its difficult to reposition one if it gets out of position.
21 Feb 2016, 12:00 PM

Because Mg34:

• Has 4 men and cant tank moltovs, explosives and damage
  • Has about the same DPS at long range as a single conscript
  • Comes a little late at 1 cp
  • Has a long teardown and setup time, meaning its difficult to reposition one if it gets out of position.

lol :guyokay: mg34 need some buff and maxim need setup time nerf
21 Feb 2016, 12:19 PM

Double kubbelwagon is useful to try too in open maps, because no suppression for them. Get to flank easy and will wipe pretty fast maxim and let you get forward + good scout to see where maxims are before you commit your infantry to suppression fire.
21 Feb 2016, 15:58 PM

rape his Ass literally

I really hope not... :blush:

I'm quite curious to see what people say as I was completely shut down by a Maxim spam a week or so ago when I was playing OKW. It does seem quite tricky to play around.
21 Feb 2016, 16:10 PM

2 x Sturm + Kubel early game to be as much on the offensive in the early game, Use the flanks and veto the CQB maps. Its hard but possible.

Then a fast tech to mech for either a Stuka/Puma (depending on the sov player); if he rushes T-70/SU I usually go PUMA, if hes entrenched in a maxim/ATG wall Stuka. The Command Panther call-in is a must as a you dont tech to schwerer.

22 Feb 2016, 11:04 AM

Speaking of maxims and MGs, how does the suppression work? From checking out their stats it appears that the maxim has incredibly low suppression while all the other mgs appear to have very high suppression. In games however, I find that the suppression from maxims seems to be either as high or higher that of an MG42 (haven't really tried with the MG34).

Is this just my imaginings or can someone explain it?
22 Feb 2016, 11:07 AM

Go AAHT will give the maxims some hard times. Or go 4 ISG's to make the indirect fire cheese real. ISG is probably 1 of the last good counters.
22 Feb 2016, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 19:07 PMSkinner
Problem with Maxim is how cheap it is, compared to OKW infantry. MG is supose to be a force multiplier, so that 1 MG can stop 2 or more squads comming from one direction. Therefore it should be slightly more expensive than corresponding tier enemy infantry. That was true when volks cost 220 manpower, but since now Volks cost 260 manpower,this balance is no longer true. You can literally have 1 mg for 1 OKW infantry unit right now, so if Maxims are properly microed there is no way to flank them. Wich is further aggravated that OKW has the most expensive starting unit, while soviets have the cheapest starting unit (and thus more manpower to spend). JUst my theory...

is it not cheaper MG-34 than any mainline infantery they face sin their release? why should be different for maxims? iirc tommy squad is 280, and mg-34 is way cheaper than that.....

oooh btw, OKW starts with more MP than brits if iirc...

Then why only complaining about maxim?

In my noob opinion, as OKW you have better tools than MG-34, but as SU, maxim spam or die. And yes, as OKW your only option to get an MG, is a doctrinal one, same as SU if you want to field elite inf, doctrinal or nothing....

22 Feb 2016, 21:45 PM
Patrion 310

Watch Itzdusty play as OKW 1vs1 against a lower rank maxim spam.

http://www.twitch.tv/itzdusty/v/48335845

Is it not interesting that OKW need to outplay a maxim spam in order to win?
This is also why I dont play OKW 1vs1 atm, because as Itzdusty also say it's such a waste of time.
23 Feb 2016, 00:51 AM

Four ISGs is silly. That's 36 popcap and what, like 1400 manpower? And the AA halftrack is stupid micro-intensive.
23 Feb 2016, 05:55 AM

Is it not interesting that OKW need to outplay a maxim spam in order to win?
This is also why I dont play OKW 1vs1 atm, because as Itzdusty also say it's such a waste of time.

image that, you actually have to play good to win
18 Apr 2016, 05:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 18:40 PMNeo

It's very simple: someone who has never done X cannot educate other people how to do X.

R-R-R-Rekt!

I think i need help countering MGs as OKW too. I motly play 2v2 version of game, and as you all understand, flanking is not very posible in this version.

Team player here as well, even on 4v4 maps its pretty hard to counter.

Something else to keep in mind is that you should be trying to deny your enemy key houses in the early game

Easier said than done. Even in 4v4, Adrines Forest is a shitfight in the city.

Because MG34's are as strong as American beer.

mg34's will get murdered as soon as you try to do the same thing

+1

BUff mg34..??? that will help against vet 3 rifle and cons blobs also..???

Nope. If OST MG cant hold that many, what makes you think the OKW MG can?

21 Apr 2016, 05:48 AM

Less damage than a single man in the conscript squad

)))))))))))
23 Apr 2016, 20:36 PM

totally not good counter for it,but all u can do if u go straight mech for stuka=useless , but luchs can help u.
imo trust your kubel+sturm pio combo early game to prevent fast maxim rush build medic make atleast 3volks and try to flank them,then make about 1or2 isg (flak ht also help u but care Zis).
if urban map has much buildings falshmjaeger good for backstab !
23 Jun 2016, 02:27 AM

In the very early game I build 2 kubelwagens and 1 volks. If your infantry run into a machine gun, move the kubels to fire on the machine from outside the MG's arc. This is a pretty slow way to down it but as long as you keep using superior micro (which you will have, because someone only spams maxims if they have no ability to micro) the combination of all these elements should down them.

If the map has lots of buildings and he's garrisoning the hell out of them, the above won't work. If you can't get flame grenades in, you'll need 2 LeiGs. If playing 2v2, it will be a good idea to get a stukka so you can kill the MGs and permanently deny them the building and thus put an end to the issue once and for all.
28 Jun 2016, 14:14 PM

Countering maxim spam is hard, but it can be done, i think that the first 5 min are very important. The idea is to start capping with one unit and hold another in support, hidden, and when you engage a maxim try to flank it with the one in reserve, hear a kubel is gj, and try not to blob, try to keep a space equal to the maxim arc between the units when trying to advance
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★