Login

russian armor

Just Friggin' Nerf Arty Covar Already

6 Feb 2016, 19:20 PM

i wish i could if the arty give me some kind of signal n ability to run ( Engine DMG n Pinned )

but i think u can, cause u protecting/defending the arty surely u know what u're talking about

i might need to L2P

cheers.

I do know what I'm talking about and where do I protect/defend the arty? Go back and look at my posts. I also know that it does give you a signal, in the form of a big red flare and several seconds to react... What more do you want?

Good thing arty Cover often Covers more than one territory. Honestly i know you'r a tryhard brit fanboy( just look at your stream..) but that thing can cover 1/4 of the map. " getting out " is said more easy than it actual is.
Oh did I just forget you get Engine dmg and Pinne so you the ability itself counters the "gtfo out of here "

But hey i guess you find the aec to be super balanced too? :clap:

Maybe you should watch the stream to see my stance on it? Heres a quick hint though (I call it OP-OP) I'm completely neutral when it comes to balance if you think otherwise, you're mistaken.

Arty cover covers a circled area similar to that of the air circle ability things So I don't know where you get the 1/4 of a map from, if you mean it extends the area, then I'm afraid all abilities that use said zoning also over extends the area a bit... Don't forget you need eyes for the ability to be used properly, sending in tanks means they are in risk to the same crits you are but with slightly less damage.

What you did forget though is that it drops flares, gives several seconds to "GTFO" before the strike begins and to quote MoreLess3rd "well if u stand in the middle of the point u get what u deserve.."

Aahhh AEC! Tell me, whats so imbalanced about it? OST have "No" counter to it? it "Wipes on retreat"? Sounds an awful lot similar to the problem brits had against the Luchs before the patch doesn't it. But, as was said then, "It's fine, L2P".

This whole thread turns into axis bias, "No! close the pocket is fine, just build a cache on your cut-off!" But OP-OP is broken, it gives red flares and a few seconds warning to get out of the area, ever tried getting out of close the pocket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJAz13BlFcU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXe2az0FuDk

But, it's fine, right? right?
6 Feb 2016, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 19:20 PMLatch

Aahhh AEC! Tell me, whats so imbalanced about it? OST have "No" counter to it? it "Wipes on retreat"? Sounds an awful lot similar to the problem brits had against the Luchs before the patch doesn't it. But, as was said then, "It's fine, L2P".

just skipping everything because that tells me everything.
winrate skyrocking to 75%+ win after AEC buff is balanced?( http://coh2chart.com/ ) ye sure mate. nice comparison to luchs btw, because luchs does so well versus infantry AND vehicles (hint: it loses to every other light vehicle ;))

bloody british fanboy tea drinker
6 Feb 2016, 20:44 PM

just skipping everything because that tells me everything.
winrate skyrocking to 75%+ win after AEC buff is balanced?( http://coh2chart.com/ ) ye sure mate. nice comparison to luchs btw, because luchs does so well versus infantry AND vehicles (hint: it loses to every other light vehicle ;))

bloody british fanboy tea drinker

It tells you nothing, where did I say that the AEC isn't "OP"? Where? Maybe if you read my comments without some sort of pre judgment you might actually be able to comprehend what I say for once.

"Just skipping everything because, well you have no response" is most likely. Yup, I'm a Brit fanboy, I'm proud of my history, so I jump at the chance to play as them in a game, where in that does it solidify me as someone that can't see when one thing is op and another is UP or not?

Take your head out of your arse and realise, not everyone is as one sided as you.
6 Feb 2016, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 20:44 PMLatch

It tells you nothing, where did I say that the AEC isn't "OP"? Where? Maybe if you read my comments without some sort of pre judgment you might actually be able to comprehend what I say for once.

"Just skipping everything because, well you have no response" is most likely. Yup, I'm a Brit fanboy, I'm proud of my history, so I jump at the chance to play as them in a game, where in that does it solidify me as someone that can't see when one thing is op and another is UP or not?

Take your head out of your arse and realise, not everyone is as one sided as you.

im sorry if my english comprehension is not that good but
"Aahhh AEC! Tell me, whats so imbalanced about it" implies for me that its not imbalanced, thus it is balanced from your view.
english is not my mother tongue so im sorry if i udnerstood it wrong.
6 Feb 2016, 21:07 PM

AEC and arty cover are bat shit.

Anyone arguing the contrary is delusional.

Full. Stop.

Near perfect long range accuracy that does insane AoE, thats the AEC.

Random engine crits and pinpoint accurate bofors shells wiping support crews with minimal delay. Thats arty cover.

I can't even.
6 Feb 2016, 21:12 PM

im sorry if my english comprehension is not that good but
"Aahhh AEC! Tell me, whats so imbalanced about it" implies for me that its not imbalanced, thus it is balanced from your view.
english is not my mother tongue so im sorry if i udnerstood it wrong.

Then don't assume. "Aahhh AEC!" was my glee in hearing about it yet again despite allies complaining about the luchs rush and getting L2P as a response.
7 Feb 2016, 18:02 PM

You cannot convert fuel to muni anymore. No Wehrmacht doctrine has that ability at the moment.
If you are getting cas'd non stop control the munitions as he cannot drop muni without it.

You mean the supply drop that has no physical plane ?

Tell me exactly how many times have you seen in game people being able to predict and deny those supply drops? Cause i haven't.

Having a entire doctrine based around cheese panic button abilities doesn't make it right just because the supply drop has a slight drawback.
7 Feb 2016, 18:58 PM

You mean the supply drop that has no physical plane ?

Tell me exactly how many times have you seen in game people being able to predict and deny those supply drops? Cause i haven't.

Having a entire doctrine based around cheese panic button abilities doesn't make it right just because the supply drop has a slight drawback.

The ability to counter depends on the map, some of the older maps are simple in that each side gets a fuel and an ammo point on their side of the map, easy resource drops. Many of the newer maps have these points right up by the front. I know when I play CAS (rarely since the resource change), I don't dare drop in the frontline areas, just because of the risk of my enemy attacking and stealing. The drop now costing manpower and having to be physically collected makes the doctrine so much less cheese. Before I could literally build all fuel caches for my allies to get tanks, concentrate on infantry with weapon upgrades, and convert as soon as I had fuel. Now I just don't feel safe going CAS.
9 Feb 2016, 05:06 AM

BUMP
9 Feb 2016, 05:38 AM

Another artillery ability that is Sleeper Cell OP is Mortar cover. Unlike WP barrage in Rifle Company this one will actually kill you. :P

Yup. Drop that beast on a forward retreat point when a couple of squads are healing up, then watch OKW cry in a corner.
9 Feb 2016, 16:32 PM

Its pretty hard to argue against p2w with having broken abilities like this in the game.

I also find it very convenient that relic takes their sweet time to patch things like this - basically forcing people/exploiters to buy the commander if they want an easy win.
9 Feb 2016, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 16:32 PMGdot
Its pretty hard to argue against p2w with having broken abilities like this in the game.

I also find it very convenient that relic takes their sweet time to patch things like this - basically forcing people/exploiters to buy the commander if they want an easy win.

+1
commander or faction ;)
12 Feb 2016, 07:54 AM

Never saw this ability as ostheer but just saw it abused as OKW. My god, relic is grossly fucking negligent in balancing this game. How does an ability that doesn't telegraph itself, counters everything, have a huge targeting radius, and auto-targets make it into the game?

SERIOUSLY. HOW???
12 Feb 2016, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 19:20 PMLatch

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 20:44 PMLatch

I have to say, I really hate when people do that (not you in particular, people in general). Its always like "Na uh, I didn't say that, can't you read? Show me where I said/wrote that" That is not how language works. Even if you do not overtly make a statement like "x is y", you do know perfectly well that the way you chose to say that makes a very strong assumption to read it as "I do not think the AEC is OP/I do not think the AEC is a problem."
I think that some kind of cowardliness people today choose to use in their favor, hiding behind a semipermeable membrane of words/text where your opinion can leave, but no criticism can enter.
Everyone who takes language in spoken and written form always literally is bullshitting himself.
13 Feb 2016, 09:51 AM

did you forget that people can read text in a way it was not meant to be perceived?

For example: Alex shouted to the man "F**K OFF!"

Is that an aggressive thing to do, or a friendly mock? No way to tell, depends on who you think the man is, why he shouted it and how he shouted it, therefore assumption takes front when reading things out of context. Sarcasm is rather difficult for some people too.
13 Feb 2016, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 09:51 AMLatch
did you forget that people can read text in a way it was not meant to be perceived?

For example: Alex shouted to the man "F**K OFF!"

Is that an aggressive thing to do, or a friendly mock? No way to tell, depends on who you think the man is, why he shouted it and how he shouted it, therefore assumption takes front when reading things out of context. Sarcasm is rather difficult for some people too.

13 Feb 2016, 12:49 PM

I don't know why Relic doesn't just fix the British Forces, instead of leaving the AEC and Arty Cover as is, to carry the faction. Just buff Infantry Sections, Emplacements, the Sniper, provide hand-held AT as good as the Axis or Americans, buff the Universal Carrier. Do all that and we'll have a viable faction without the cheese.
13 Feb 2016, 13:40 PM

It's funny how much people whine about 2 abilities when the whole british faction is broken, what about engineer spam with 2 weapon upgrades that cost only 13mp to reinforce...same as us rear echelon spam with bars. Just ridicilous.

Remove weapon racks and make it 1 weapon upgrade.

Broken faction atm...
13 Feb 2016, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 09:48 AMAnarcy

I have to say, I really hate when people do that (not you in particular, people in general). Its always like "Na uh, I didn't say that, can't you read? Show me where I said/wrote that" That is not how language works. Even if you do not overtly make a statement like "x is y", you do know perfectly well that the way you chose to say that makes a very strong assumption to read it as "I do not think the AEC is OP/I do not think the AEC is a problem."
I think that some kind of cowardliness people today choose to use in their favor, hiding behind a semipermeable membrane of words/text where your opinion can leave, but no criticism can enter.
Everyone who takes language in spoken and written form always literally is bullshitting himself.

Agree completely. I don't like this kind of overly defensive posturing either.

I'll also echo Dusty; anyone who thinks Arty cover, in all its insta engine damage glory, and the AEC are balanced have their heads up their own asses. Close the Pocket isn't even comparable, as it requires a lot of setup to use and is only even usable in large team games with mediocre players who don't realize what's going on until it is too late.
13 Feb 2016, 17:30 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say that Latch has also said on his stream that OKW can counter anything, including Maxims, and that emplacements are up and have to many counters.

Just so you know.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS