Login

russian armor

Anyone wanna give a coh1 amer player some tips?

30 Jan 2016, 06:04 AM

sup guys

I played coh1 with my mates so hard I basically OD'd on it, and despite pre-ordering coh2 the second I could, when it came out I had no desire to play it lol. But somehow I've been fucking roped back in... argh

I was a really good mp player especially in team games; pretty good all rounder actually but I dont have the patience to play germans now so I'm going back to Americans, which I ended up playing whenever I was lazy and got quite good at it (even got to level 10 on 1v1 ranked).

So yeah I'm king of the riflespam etc and I just need a brief (well, would love an indepth response but I don't wanna be a pain to you guys) overview of the key changes, what's good what's shit and basically how I'd adapt the old riflespam to the new one. I played one game before but had to quit; I understand u gotta tech up with lt and capt now (WTF) and all ur shit is already built for you. also you get bars (and bazooka lol) at the base.

I had a graphics problem at the start (2v2) so lost like 30 seconds and got locked out with MGs but i'm an old pro so wasnt long before i was flankin and spankin, but i couldnt find where to get flamethrowers for my engys (can u even do that??) which is my go to weapon for toasting building MG's etc so had to get nades like a fucking peasant. How do i get flame engys?

Yes I know I should go watch some replays but I wont have to do that if you guys just lay out the basics here ^^

thanks so much niggas
30 Jan 2016, 06:12 AM

especially CookiesNCream that lad clearly knows his shit
30 Jan 2016, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 06:12 AMHoffies
especially CookiesNCream that lad clearly knows his shit

Yeah he's exactly who you wanna ask for CoH1 advice...wait what ? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
5 Feb 2016, 08:37 AM

im asking for coh2 advice dude wtf
5 Feb 2016, 08:39 AM

TO CLARIFY: i played loads of coh1. im only just getting into coh2. I want to know the key differences between playing americans in coh1 and coh2. will give blowjobs for answers
5 Feb 2016, 09:33 AM

Rush Lieutenant and M20 against ostheer bleed out helpless Ostheer infantry and then work your way towards either E8s or Vanilla Sherman into Pershing or if you wanna outOP OKW go simply for Calliope
5 Feb 2016, 15:02 PM

how do i take out MG's in buildings early on?

apparently armour gets the assault engineers but that takes a while to get cause u gotta get a capt or whatever

and nades seem shit as always
5 Feb 2016, 17:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

how do i take out MG's in buildings early on?

apparently armour gets the assault engineers but that takes a while to get cause u gotta get a capt or whatever

and nades seem shit as always

At lower levels, as in 250-1000 you can definitely use assault engineers. Just be clever about it, use shot blockers to get close, use bait squads, etcetera.

Armor is a great doctrine, i used it a ton in 2v2 and 1v1 before the calliope came and saved the day.

You don't need captain or LT to buy ass engies flamers, just buy them when you have 60 muni for a flamer, otherwise it'll be quite a useless squad. Never buy them out the gate.

as a pure flamer/ support squad after 3, 4 rifles, they're not bad at all. They can also lay cheap mines so the utility is real

.the thing with a build like that though is you have to be really careful of manpower bleed cause your ambulance will be late as shit. You want to retreat with 4 models left in your engagements, never hang around if you're gonna go 4 rifle ass engie. Buts it's worth because your push power even without vehicles and smoke will be insanely good, especially vs Ostheer. It's weaker vs OKW but the again you don't really need ass engies vs OKW.

No need to give out blowjobs to random people on the Internet either, that's how you catch nasty stuff :clap:

sorry, I must've skipped over this thread somehow.
5 Feb 2016, 17:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Also to answer your "what changed" question OP, God is right I DIDNT play coh1 ONLINE but I do know the units from coh1 and I also have google to confirm the things I may not know so I can tell you these big points:

The T0 engineers you know from coh1 are basically the assault engineers in coh2 USF's armor company, +1 man in the squad. They plant mines, strew wire, all that cool stuff. The main change between coh1 and coh2 though is they cant fire their flamer on the move and they can melt really easily to focus fire

30 cal> 50 cal :snfPeter:

No real jeep either, the wc51 from Mechanized kind-of is a jeep but its alot more clunky and expensive

usf has no standard mortar, only the pack howitzer and mortar halftrack in INFANTRY company commander

USF has no sniper, they have pathfinders in Airborne company, which have a "chance" to snipe individual models when they fall below a certain health threshold.. But all that is complicated nonsense because you shouldnt ever pick airborne in the first place if you like winning.

USF still has an m10 but its in Armor company

I think thats all the major changes between coh1 and coh2 usf, but if you want to look at most of them yourself with like more in-depth analysis on stuff like what units are new in coh2, check these

https://www.coh2.org/guides/18795/u-s-forces-unit-guide

https://www.coh2.org/guides/19066/u-s-forces-commanders
6 Feb 2016, 04:28 AM

engys in coh1 die easy to focus fire too, but no flaming on the move that is a huge different and extremely useful to know

thanks so much guys
8 Feb 2016, 18:22 PM

Also, you should keep in mind that when you research jades, you also get access to smoke riflenades on your rifle squads. They are extremely useful for any spots on maps, where flanking is a bit more complicated. Remember that smoke does not just lower accuracy in CoH 2 but actually blocks LoS, so it is a very effective tool for dislodging MGs or other entrenched positions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★