Login

russian armor

reduce isu-152 muniton change time

27 Jan 2016, 17:01 PM

27 Jan 2016, 17:03 PM

It's fine I guess.
It shouldnt be anti-everything and long reload time is there for a reason.
You should be punished for a bad decision when switching shells in the worst moment, for examole when enemy bates you with infantry and then rush with a tanks.
27 Jan 2016, 17:07 PM

The muni switch takes pretty much as long as normal reload, which makes sense.
27 Jan 2016, 18:15 PM

im more concerned with the concrete piercing shots.
27 Jan 2016, 18:39 PM

You know, it used to be a singular shell back in Beta I believe, but every one complained because it messed stuff up. Too potent, which is why they reward preparation and micro with shell use. Annoying at times, yes, but ultimately rewarding once you pull off a good infantry wipe, or dank tank hit.
27 Jan 2016, 18:45 PM

imo they should just give back the single shell type. The aoe and accuracy of the HE shell has been nerfed enough. relic can give back the one shell-type with the current aoe and accuracy and i think it woul be okay
27 Jan 2016, 19:31 PM

Just a question when switching ammo type, is the reloading of the gun still taking place.
27 Jan 2016, 19:31 PM

You know, it used to be a singular shell back in Beta I believe, but every one complained because it messed stuff up. Too potent, which is why they reward preparation and micro with shell use. Annoying at times, yes, but ultimately rewarding once you pull off a good infantry wipe, or dank tank hit.

Beta? It was one-shell-type even year ago I belive. Well, point is it was in game (not just in beta) for a long long time.
27 Jan 2016, 19:58 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't like the split shell type aesthetically. But man it was OP. Unless the ISU has like a 20 second reload then it would be ok.

But if its going to retain its 9 second reload.

Just kind of Buff AP shells pen a little bit. Or make HE shells have a better chance to stun enemy tanks. Like 33-40%.

Or further buff those shells.

But reduce The AOE damage to like 60 so it can't one shot full health squads outside of like a 2 AOE area.

Idk my opinion. Isu isn't that great, but its still kind of hell to fight.
27 Jan 2016, 20:07 PM

I don't like the split shell type aesthetically. But man it was OP. Unless the ISU has like a 20 second reload then it would be ok.

But if its going to retain its 9 second reload.

Just kind of Buff AP shells pen a little bit. Or make HE shells have a better chance to stun enemy tanks. Like 33-40%.

Or further buff those shells.

But reduce The AOE damage to like 60 so it can't one shot full health squads outside of like a 2 AOE area.

Idk my opinion. Isu isn't that great, but its still kind of hell to fight.

+1
27 Jan 2016, 20:27 PM

Does anyone really even use ISUs currently? I never see them in 1s or 2s.
28 Jan 2016, 01:59 AM
Patrion 28

ISU can still be very powerful on open maps but they take care in use. also, avoid switching ammo types. if you're mostly against infantry stay on HE and it'll wipe quite often. if you're against vehicles than stay on AP and you'll damage tanks and wipe occasionally.
28 Jan 2016, 02:17 AM

ISU can still be very powerful on open maps but they take care in use. also, avoid switching ammo types. if you're mostly against infantry stay on HE and it'll wipe quite often. if you're against vehicles than stay on AP and you'll damage tanks and wipe occasionally.

This, as long as there's no Jagdtiger or Elefant.
28 Jan 2016, 03:05 AM

I'm also for penetration buff of AP rounds or make it based on deflection damage, like Piats. 260/230/200 is worse than Phanter, Jackson (with HVAP its even same damage, almost two times better rof, and much better penetration) or Firefly. Make it decent AT with same AI shells, but with very long munition switch time, like 30 sec.
28 Jan 2016, 03:15 AM

Beta? It was one-shell-type even year ago I belive. Well, point is it was in game (not just in beta) for a long long time.

Probably was, I went on hiatus from the game for about 2 years after the Beta testing was finished, I didn't have any friends who also played the game, and there wasn't much variety, only having the two factions.
28 Jan 2016, 05:46 AM

AP rd could use a buff, it's fine otherwise
28 Jan 2016, 06:56 AM

im more concerned with the concrete piercing shots.

+1

The absurd cost and chance to be stopped by a blade of grass make this a really useless muni sink.
28 Jan 2016, 07:05 AM

is there a single Unit there isn't a balance thread about?
28 Jan 2016, 07:53 AM
Patrion 28

is there a single Unit there isn't a balance thread about?

soviet trucks
28 Jan 2016, 18:39 PM

well, you rarely ever see them anymore because they're almost like RNG weapons. if the HE shell hits, it can potentially squadwipe. If it misses, it's another 12 second wait to try again. Because of terrain, i missed 3 shots in a row... that's 36 seconds of a heavy tank doing absolutely nothing. it's pathetic for TD. I never use it on penetration rounds because... it just never penetrates when you need it to and it doesn't penetrate consistently. With low reload times, that's just a waste. SU-85 has superior TD skills.

ISU152 is basically a big sponge and squadwiper. useless on vehicles. that's why people would rather get su 85 and katyusha instead. Well time katy can damage multiple squads and su 85 will do more damage, losing it costs 120 fuel instead of slow reversing 230 fuel? 260? i don't remember it's cost. Basically, once it's flanked. it's done.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 10
unknown 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak