Login

russian armor

My Idea for Soviet Redesign

24 Jan 2016, 15:54 PM

KV1 is fine. I killed few Jadgtigers, Elephants and tons of other tanks just by spamming KV1.
Idk if troll or not, but KV-1 can barely penetrate anything
KV2 is fine.
KV2 is pretty bad, reload time is insane. Better off using ISU-152
B4 is not fine. Lower damage to 240/3shells per barrage.
I agree, never hits anything anyway.
M42 is lost and forgotten.
I think it needs a ROF buff
T34/76 is weak but it's fine.
Weak.. but fine? Not fine at all, only good for crushing infantry.
KV8 is fine.
agreed
Penals are mostly fine.
Just need satchel charge bug fix. Seriously relic, this bug have been here for so long

the rest i agree with
24 Jan 2016, 16:00 PM

Buff Penal long range and maybe M3 armor, make T34s 200mp or swap with T34/85s, reshuffle the SU-85 for pen/damage over RoF and the Soviet core is good to go, no more reliance on a mostly unreliable set of doctrines.
24 Jan 2016, 16:01 PM

Wut? Is this a bait?
KV1 is fine. I killed few Jadgtigers, Elephants and tons of other tanks just by spamming KV1.
KV2 is fine.
B4 is not fine. Lower damage to 240/3shells per barrage.
M42 is lost and forgotten.
T34/76 is weak but it's fine.
KV8 is fine.
Penals are mostly fine.
SU85 is damn fine.
ISU152 is fine.
IS2 is fine.
Mortars are fine (apart from 13pop cap of 120mm).

Kv1 feels like an t34/85 with a lot less firepower and mobility.
kv2 fails in both modes, and has not enough range for static mode, su 76 barrage has more range!
kv8 has the same damage as all other flame weapons but with less armour and less range.
b4 just has a ridiculous spread and broken animations.
m42 doesn't need to be forgotten, what if it becomes something like an static t70 countering early inf and armour, its going to be outgunned in mid and late game anyways, and it could be useful this way.
t34/76 is an xp feed and a waste of fuel and man power it comes late and has no place in the current game, and for 300mp it's not spammable no matter what. also one single good tank is always better than 2 or 3 mediocre tanks, just loock at the map design.
penals are lacking a role or some fixes to the current one.
su 85 isu 152 and is2 are mostly fine but they could be better designed to sinergy the current factions and the state of the game.
soviet mortars are outclassed by all their counterparts.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 15:34 PMBurts
Soviet faction is "mostly fine"

They have alot of viable options, but the problem is that T1 is completely dead in the 1v1 meta.

Other than that is fine i think.

Disagree regarding a lot of options, now days soviets are restricted to 2 or 3 commanders if they want to be on par to other factions power level. any other commander puts you in a disadvantage. T1 is dead i agree on that, panzerschreck and faust denies any m3, snipers are a downgrade compared to other snipers and penals are in a limbo, T4 is also in a bad shape feeling like the T3 of other factions with units not really shaped for late game. Im tired of the win before late game or you lose, because the inverse situation does not exist and axis early game is not bad at all compared to the situation of soviet late game.

No matter what soviets are the most precarious faction of all. they have a lot of forgotten useless units, the worst vet abilities, they are commander dependent and have the biggest number of useless commanders, they also have the most bugs. they fixed guards after years!
a lot of units pale in comparison of their enemy counterparts in performance, they have 2 crippled tiers, they lack AA and late game armour.

Hey but soviets are the most balanced faction of all, now go and play british because all allies are op.
24 Jan 2016, 16:03 PM

Kv1 feels like an t34/85 with a lot less firepower and mobility.
kv2 fails in both modes, and has not enough range for static mode, su 76 barrage has more range!
kv8 has the same damage as all other flame weapons but with less armour and less range.
b4 just has a ridiculous spread and broken animations.
m42 doesn't need to be forgotten, what if it becomes something like an static t70 countering early inf and armour, its going to be outgunned in mid and late game anyways, and it could be useful this way.
t34/76 is an xp feed and a waste of fuel and man power it comes late and has no place in the current game, and for 300mp it's not spammable no matter what. also one single good tank is always better than 2 or 3 mediocre tanks, just loock at the map design.
penals are lacking a role or some fixes to the current one.
su 85 isu 152 and is2 are mostly fine but they could be better designed to sinergy the current factions and the state of the game.
soviet mortars are outclassed by all their counterparts.

Disagree regarding a lot of options, nowadays soviets are restricted to 2 or 3 commanders if they want to be on par to other factions power level. any other commander puts you in a disadvantage. T1 is dead i agree on that, panzerschreck and faust denies any m3, snipers are a downgrade compared to other snipers and penals are in a limbo, T4 is also in a bad shape feeling like the T3 of other factions with units not really shaped for late game. Im tired of the win before late game or you lose. because the inverse situation is not existen and axis early game is not bad at all compared to the situation of soviet late game.

No matter what soviets are the most precarious faction of all. they have a lot of forgotten useless units, the worst vet abilities, they are commander dependent and have the biggest number of useless commanders, they also have the most bugs. they fixed guards after years!
a lot of units pale in comparison of their enemy counterparts in performance, they have 2 crippled tiers, they lack AA and late game armour.

Hey but soviets are the most balanced faction of all, now go and play british because all allies are op.

Soviet faction is restricted to 2-3 commanders if they want to win. It's always been like this, and for every single faction in the game. It wont change.
24 Jan 2016, 16:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 16:03 PMBurts

Soviet faction is restricted to 2-3 commanders if they want to win. It's always been like this, and for every single faction in the game. It wont change.

Not so true for the other factions, if axis had panthers or elite infantry locked behind a commander it could be somewhat comparable.
24 Jan 2016, 16:14 PM

Yes, KV1 is fine. It just needs vetter veterancy.

KV2 has damn long reload and you are not suppose to use like IS2 or ISU152. Try to turn on siege mode and put behind shot blocker + 2 repairs stations around. It will do godly work.

For 90 fuel t34 is fine. Keep in mind it deals 160damage, just like any other tank. It's not suppose to fight equaly to Pz4 but pair of them can kill any onther, unsupported tank. Perfect unit to secure flanks.
24 Jan 2016, 16:24 PM

Trip wire - 10ammo for 1 model down + vision.
How is this a bad trade? I use them all the time.

It's nice for CE and partymen. It's useless on guards, penals and etc. Same for ost med kits. Anyway, most players (including me) never use trip wire.
24 Jan 2016, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 16:24 PMTAKTCOM

It's nice for CE and partymen. It's useless on guards, penals and etc. Same for ost med kits. Anyway, most players (including me) never use trip wire.
Disagree about trip wire, its very cheap and effective, but shock troops and maybe guards should have another ability, something special.
24 Jan 2016, 18:11 PM

25 Jan 2016, 00:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 16:03 PMBurts

OKW can play without commander,so can Whermacht and UKF to a lesser degree.

Soviets and USA are screwed if they pick the wrong one, both of them have the worst late game meta, unless you go for the cheesy commanders, which also are one trick ponies.

It is ridiculous to see factions like OKW that can counter everything without the need for doctrines.

lets not even talk about the fact that in team games Axis just amasses super-heavy vehicles like no one's busyness.

The OKW patch was the single worst thing to happen to this game.

25 Jan 2016, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 15:54 PMF1sh
KV8 is fine.
agreed

Compare the Kv8 with the crocodile.
Same damage (10).
less range.
less durability.
you need to swap weapons and the 45mm fails to deal decent damage even against halftraks.

Kv1 needs stats in line with churchill and similar units, definitely some hp/armour but its also really bad making damage against armour and infantry.

Also it needs this for vet 1:

And if it still underperforming (i don't think so) then add this for vet 3:

historically acurated:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinoviy_Kolobanov
25 Jan 2016, 18:35 PM

Same damage (10).
less range.
less durability.
you need to swap weapons and the 45mm fails to deal decent damage even against halftraks.

Kv1 needs stats in line with churchill and similar units, definitely some hp/armour but its also really bad making damage against armour and infantry.

historically acurated:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinoviy_Kolobanov

KV-8 should simultaneously shoot with gun and flamethrower. And a little to increase flamethrower range
25 Jan 2016, 18:47 PM

KV-8 should simultaneously shoot with gun and flamethrower. And a little to increase flamethrower range

You do realize that flamer was directly attached to its 45mm? It was physically impossible to use flamer and a gun, because they use the SAME barrel.
25 Jan 2016, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 18:47 PMKatitof

You do realize that flamer was directly attached to its 45mm? It was physically impossible to use flamer and a gun, because they use the SAME barrel.

Flamethrower is mounted in place of the coaxial machine gun, so he could well do it at the same time
25 Jan 2016, 19:14 PM

These sound like cool ideas, but

Same damage (10).
less range.
less durability.

Yeah, but KV-8 is ~145 fuel, while the Croc is 230. I think it's pretty balanced.

I agree, KV1 is kind of in a redundant spot right now

Yeah, KV-1 needs some sort of special ability so its not just a fat t-34/76

25 Jan 2016, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 19:14 PMF1sh
These sound like cool ideas, but

I want to rectifique my post, apologies to everyone, with some tests i have seen the following facts.
Crocodile and kv8 have the same flame range.
kv8 seems a bit more mobile.
45 is indeed some what mediocre. (historically a bit difficult to reload and shoot at the same time but if im not wrong the gunner have pedals to shoot the coaxial flamethrower and the main gun)

In conclusion its mostly fine but it could use the same kind of armour/hp bufs as the kv1 to keep it in line with other tanks, and some rework to the vet abilities.

As mentioned kv1 could use some hp/armour bufs and some small increase on AI/AT capabilities. With "dug in" could be a fun and different unit to play. The axis one is quite powerful it bufs all the stats while in this mode, kv1s could be some sort of mid to late game unit able to counter medium tanks like the p4, but inferior to panthers and tank destroyers, meanwhile being useful to hold the line in late game with dug in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★