Login

russian armor

Different approach on adjusting the Ostheer sniper

19 Jan 2016, 19:42 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 19:36 PMcr4wler

...and suddenly even AT guns become decent sniper counters. Also any type of automatic weapon will likely just wipe them in a single burst. Remember that received accuracy counts for most weapons in the game. It's not that easy (at least that's my opinion).

I agree, thats why I didnt put it at 25% like support crews. But 15% is fine. The only actual unit that could one burst a sniper is Obers with this. But regular units? Nah. Snipers still have a huge area of 10 range where they are untouched by infantry. But haven't you even almost pulled your hair out flanking brit snipers as okw, or ost snipers as brits, or americans, and they just soft retreat or hard retreat easily after getting shot for almost 5 seconds?

Brit and ost snipers are too durable and walk away too easy. 15% isn't overkill but I feel like it would fix it.
19 Jan 2016, 19:52 PM

I agree, thats why I didnt put it at 25% like support crews. But 15% is fine. The only actual unit that could one burst a sniper is Obers with this. But regular units? Nah. Snipers still have a huge area of 10 range where they are untouched by infantry. But haven't you even almost pulled your hair out flanking brit snipers as okw, or ost snipers as brits, or americans, and they just soft retreat or hard retreat easily after getting shot for almost 5 seconds?

Brit and ost snipers are too durable and walk away too easy. 15% isn't overkill but I feel like it would fix it.

ofc i have. but i've also pulled my hair out because suddenly that well protected sniper of mine gets 100-0'ed in less than a second by cloaked partisans that exited a building nearby, or commandos or whatever. 15% received accuracy increase would definitely be fine for all bolt action rifles (or other weapons with similar firing speed), but it makes automatic weapons exponentially more effective as well. Lucky RNG HMG/AA bursts etc. killing your sniper are just as bad imho. Normalising the aim time for all snipers would be a tiny first step in fixing the snipers (thereby giving all factions an equal footing, more or less, in countersniping).
19 Jan 2016, 19:55 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 19:52 PMcr4wler

ofc i have. but i've also pulled my hair out because suddenly that well protected sniper of mine gets 100-0'ed in less than a second by cloaked partisans that exited a building nearby, or commandos or whatever. 15% received accuracy increase would definitely be fine for all bolt action rifles (or other weapons with similar firing speed), but it makes automatic weapons exponentially more effective as well. Lucky RNG HMG/AA bursts etc. killing your sniper are just as bad imho. Normalising the aim time for all snipers would be a tiny first step in fixing the snipers (thereby giving all factions an equal footing, more or less, in countersniping).

Do you happen to have stats of ost and brit sniper? I'm having a hard time comparing the 2. For a long time I thought the brit and ost sniper were essentially clones, outside brit sniper being able to damage light vehicles.
19 Jan 2016, 20:02 PM

Do you happen to have stats of ost and brit sniper? I'm having a hard time comparing the 2. For a long time I thought the brit and ost sniper were essentially clones, outside brit sniper being able to damage light vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWCP4o8058s

this video is probably better than stats.

it is slightly misleading, because the ost sniper crawls the last bit before his first shot and then shoots the same guy as the brit sniper, else he would have fired first. brit sniper shoots faster though, but has an abysmal reload time combined with a small magazine (iirc more than double reload time with half sized magazine). ready aim time was 0.375-0.5s (min-max) shorter for ost, iirc.
19 Jan 2016, 20:08 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 20:02 PMcr4wler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWCP4o8058s

this video is probably better than stats.

it is slightly misleading, because the ost sniper crawls the last bit before his first shot and then shoots the same guy as the brit sniper, else he would have fired first. brit sniper shoots faster though, but has an abysmal reload time combined with a small magazine (iirc more than double reload time with half sized magazine). ready aim time was 0.375-0.5s (min-max) shorter for ost, iirc.

Thats not so bad is it? They seemed pretty nearly equal, aside from abilities. Brit sniper trades a little reload time for light AT power, which is helpful for kubels or scout cars.
19 Jan 2016, 20:10 PM

If you get rekt by building call in infantry simply plan mine in door and whole call in squad will perish if summoned
19 Jan 2016, 20:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Copypasta from another thread.

Against garrison
OH: 66%
UKF: 100%
SU: 80%

Fire aim time:
OH: 2.4/1.1575/0.35
UKF: 2.4/1.75/1.4

Ready aim time:
OH: 0.875
UKF: 1.3125

Wind up: 0 for both
Wind down:
OH: 1.625
UKF: 4

Cooldown:
UKF: 0
OH: 4.5/3.375/2.25

Magazine:
OH: 10
UKF: 5

Reload:
OH: 4.25
UKF: 7.75
19 Jan 2016, 20:45 PM

Thats not so bad is it? They seemed pretty nearly equal, aside from abilities. Brit sniper trades a little reload time for light AT power, which is helpful for kubels or scout cars.

well, considering that after going through 24 guys in total and 2 reload cycles for the brit sniper (thats like 10+ seconds of reloading alone) the brit sniper ends up with more kills than the ost sniper. the ost sniper has little going for him, apart from the lower aim time (which, partly, makes him such a bitch in sniper battles, since if both snipers see each other the ost sniper will kill the other one before he can get a shot off).

If you get rekt by building call in infantry simply plan mine in door and whole call in squad will perish if summoned

doesn't work as ost, since you only have the s-mine field. on non 1v1 maps with multiple houses it's increasingly unfeasible, especially when considering how expensive mines are in contrast to partisans. partisans in general are super cheesy in higher up team games
19 Jan 2016, 20:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 20:45 PMcr4wler

well, considering that after going through 24 guys in total and 2 reload cycles for the brit sniper (thats like 10+ seconds of reloading alone) the brit sniper ends up with more kills than the ost sniper. the ost sniper has little going for him, apart from the lower aim time (which, partly, makes him such a bitch in sniper battles, since if both snipers see each other the ost sniper will kill the other one before he can get a shot off).

doesn't work as ost, since you only have the s-mine field. on non 1v1 maps with multiple houses it's increasingly unfeasible, especially when considering how expensive mines are in contrast to partisans. partisans in general are super cheesy in higher up team games

plant only quarter of minefield near door. it reuires some micro to tell engis to only build that one (tell them to move elsewhere one the build what you want) but you get mined doors only for 15 munny
19 Jan 2016, 21:17 PM

plant only quarter of minefield near door. it reuires some micro to tell engis to only build that one (tell them to move elsewhere one the build what you want) but you get mined doors only for 15 munny

apart from the fact taht you still need the full ammo amount to start planting, and it's hard to tell were the pios will start planting. also the signs give away that the building is mined, and lots of buildings have several exits. if that all wasn't enough, a single patch of s-mines often times doesn't even kill a single entity. mines at entrances are good in theory, but don't work as ostheer.
19 Jan 2016, 21:26 PM

Permanently Banned

Dont they only deal 40 damage though? That wont wipe a squad, but will damage them
19 Jan 2016, 22:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 20:45 PMcr4wler

I already told you why the test was flawed.
No one is gonna sit and shoot more than 2/3 times before relocating.
19 Jan 2016, 22:44 PM

Guys, no matter how much you increase the stealth cooldown (e.g., 30 secs), the cooldown on the cloak applies ONLY if the shot was fired from stealth.

What this means? There is a way to allow OST/UKF snipers to fire WHILE RETAINING STEALTH.

(Yes, I've already informed Relic about it. Yes, it's the intended design).

(yes, this works on all camo in the game)

Please share with everyone & abuse until rebalanced.

That manipulation won't work unless your opponent is comatose or your sniper is heavily supported. It requires some pretty hefty micro, and conscripts can flush the sniper out with Oooorah.

Personally, I'd just give all snipers received accuracy during retreat (is that possible?) so that they don't get such a get out of jail free card when compromised. If a german sniper runs straight into my eagerly awaiting conscript squad, he should die. No ifs, no buts, I have outplayed my opponent but the sniper is so tough I get no reward for it. I get why they gave them armor and extra hp so they don't get instabigged by mortars, but if you let your sniper take small arms fire you deserve to lose it.
19 Jan 2016, 22:54 PM

Permanently Banned
^ I agree, whatever nerfs the ostheer sniper gets, the british sniper should get the same. Because brit sniper is hell to fight as okw.
19 Jan 2016, 23:37 PM

Snipers are fine, only issue is WFA lack of counters.
20 Jan 2016, 00:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 15:13 PMKatitof

This has more to do with half of con squad using NERF guns and other half using airsoft rifles.

I've seen riflemen flank a sniper and not be able to kill it. I don't like that personally.
20 Jan 2016, 06:50 AM
Patrion 28

I've seen riflemen flank a sniper and not be able to kill it. I don't like that personally.

keep in mind that if he retreats he get's an additional 60% protection against bullets AND he goes faster so he get's hit less. most units are pretty much invulnerable when they retreat and the the sniper is no different. against a single model it's just a huge RNG fest as to whether it'll die or not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★