Login

russian armor

CoH2 Community

19 Jan 2016, 11:53 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I've just started getting back into 1v1 and I always give gg even at the most disheartening losses. However yes i've noticed nearly all games I am told I should get cancer and die recently

Relic should hopefully be implementing a chat ignore feature soon for those that want it. But you should ALWAYS remember that if someone is giving you abuse whilst they are losing, you are even more a winner.

Just be polite, give them a gg back. They are quite clearly already struggling enough in life to have insults thrown in with their losses. Hopefully they may even take the GG and calm down. Being nice is a contagious thing, it only takes GG in some games before that person may consider doing it themselves
19 Jan 2016, 19:44 PM

Often what folks don't realize is that they are usually upset with their own play, not yours.

If they are losing, there is something that they failed to anticipate or risk that did not pay off that they feel they had no control over. An immature approach is to not review the overall picture in a replay but lash out - often at a preconceived notion of unbalance or something not fair that quickly comes to surface.

If they are winning and are jerks it is because you probably put some stress in their life for a moment and they are celebrating overcoming that stress in a jerky way. Or they may be just jerks.
20 Jan 2016, 09:23 AM

Thanks for all your responses :)

A few of you misunderstand the issue, the issue isn't "I can't take abuse plz help" :p As Inverse said, this is the nature of multiplayer gaming, if you can't take a joke, then don't play multiplayer.

The issue for me is that its happening more often than before and has been far worse than I can imagine. Once can only imagine the quality of players and people that are now buying into CoH2 now. :help:

While in some cases, I do feel that CoH2 to an extent feels like who can cheese the hardest (esp OKW post buff and esp against brits 1v1) and I do rant about it, I always tend to make sure that it against faction rather than player - its not the fault of the player, they're just trying to win. Same went for when USF was kinda broken too.

Maybe I could try ranking up but honestly with all the blobbing I see in 1v1 games, along with the more common BM, one has to wonder how many toxic ppl bought the game/good players left the scene.
20 Jan 2016, 09:36 AM

I've just started getting back into 1v1 and I always give gg even at the most disheartening losses. However yes i've noticed nearly all games I am told I should get cancer and die recently

Relic should hopefully be implementing a chat ignore feature soon for those that want it. But you should ALWAYS remember that if someone is giving you abuse whilst they are losing, you are even more a winner.

Just be polite, give them a gg back. They are quite clearly already struggling enough in life to have insults thrown in with their losses. Hopefully they may even take the GG and calm down. Being nice is a contagious thing, it only takes GG in some games before that person may consider doing it themselves

True , a mute feature would be usefull ( i remember on your stream, when your opponent was shit talking to you cause barton fanboyism, what an horrible moment)
20 Jan 2016, 09:43 AM

My friend, who I play 2v2 with sometimes, always used to call GG early. I kept telling him it was rude, even when we won it made him look bad. He didn't get it until we played a 1v1 against each other and he started base raping me with a KV8 at about 20 minutes in and called GG. I told him not to be so cocky but he didn't see anything wrong. And then I beat him ten minutes later.

He doesn't call GG early anymore.
20 Jan 2016, 10:13 AM

Without a doubt the CoH2 community is one of the worst communities I have seen in a long time.

Be it at 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4, there are a lot of rude, bad mannered and just plain jerks whom are playing the game.

Myself and my partner Moka, are seeing at least one rude player in each game seesion we play which is usually around 3 to 5 games a day.

Even when I used to play DoTa2 the community wasn't as bad as it is in CoH2. A method to report rude behavior, as well chat muting needs to be implemented into the game.

In addition punishment to rude players will go a long way.

Also:
"I don't regard people who don't use this site or the Reluc official site as part of the community, they're just there for the game and make no effort to get involved."

Strongly disagree with your opinion.
First - Coh2 is a fan site and no player has any obligation to be a part of it.

Second - These are not the official forums. One might argue everyone here are not really part of the CoH2 community.

Third - Everyone whom are playing the game are part of the community itself once they step into multiplayer.

As a side note some of the toxic players are here on these forums.
While the moderators are doing an okay job, there are still players whom are using rude language or comments.
Swift example: "Your opinion does not matter."
or "Player card!"

These are not valid. They add nothing.
Nothing makes a player thought worth more than another player.

20 Jan 2016, 10:30 AM

The problem is not this community or from another game. The problem are the humans. As a race or being we are getting worst and worst (in my eyes we failed as a being) . No good education from parents and school. Kids growing up without good role models, doing what ever they like and so on.
20 Jan 2016, 12:08 PM

The problem is not this community or from another game. The problem are the humans. As a race or being we are getting worst and worst (in my eyes we failed as a being) . No good education from parents and school. Kids growing up without good role models, doing what ever they like and so on.

Curious from my point of view, not for arguments sake but I wonder how old you are, I want to learn a bit from this.

But yeah, I agree, I'm only 21 so I'm not entirely sure whether it was always like this and I have been used to my own bubble or its getting worse that way. Regardless of whichever one, its sad to think that people are becoming/are already like this ><.
20 Jan 2016, 12:16 PM

Without a doubt the CoH2 community is one of the worst communities I have seen in a long time.

Its not the worst I've seen but its getting bad now ><

A method to report rude behavior, as well chat muting needs to be implemented into the game.

In addition punishment to rude players will go a long way.

Yes, definitely. Esp since toxic people these days are a part of the internet environment.

Also:
"I don't regard people who don't use this site or the Reluc official site as part of the community, they're just there for the game and make no effort to get involved."

Second - These are not the official forums. One might argue everyone here are not really part of the CoH2 community.

Third - Everyone whom are playing the game are part of the community itself once they step into multiplayer.

EDIT: Whoops read it wrong never mind what I said

While the moderators are doing an okay job, there are still players whom are using rude language or comments.

Well you have fanboys for either allies or axis on this forum, I think everyone who posts here knows that. There are a few ppl here genuinely interested in balance but they are by far not the loudest voices on the forum.

or "Player card!"

Usually, I'd agree with you, but not in this case.

CoH2 like CoH is for all intents and purposes quite niche when it comes to skills required. When it comes to a lot of posts made on the forum, it tends to come from anecdotal evidence (although replays are sometimes done, the reality is unless if you work in relic or actually do compete in COH2 esports or make yt videos, you'll never have the time to analyse for sake of argument). And anecdotal evidence can be really faulty, especially when it comes from a relatively low skilled player who isn't really using units to its fullest potential and calling for buffs and nerfs.

Often some of the most ridiculous claims are made by relatively low skilled players who simply need to learn the game and practice more rather than let Relic balance it for them and whine about it until its "fixed".
20 Jan 2016, 12:20 PM

Also:

or "Player card!"

Well my way of looking at a community is that you make an effort to get involved to form your links. For example, you can live on a busy street where everyone knows each other but you, and because you aren't involved you wouldn't suddenly consider yourself part of the community if someone asked you. Or maybe you would, but others might not want you. Same way I don't consider the angry game spammers as part of this community, because at least the forum idiots that come here make an effort to get involved.

And I'm not saying you do, but if you have an issue with moderation, PM someone.
20 Jan 2016, 13:12 PM
20 Jan 2016, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 12:08 PMhubewa

Curious from my point of view, not for arguments sake but I wonder how old you are, I want to learn a bit from this.

But yeah, I agree, I'm only 21 so I'm not entirely sure whether it was always like this and I have been used to my own bubble or its getting worse that way. Regardless of whichever one, its sad to think that people are becoming/are already like this ><.

I am 39 years old :(
I am basing this on the fact the world has changed (to worst). Young kids get confronted/bombarded with much more information this days because of Internet and television. Its so easy to find bad things this days, the WWW and TV are full of it. And dont forget Smartphones (they are everywhere with everything in it). Just one click and everything is in your room with no supervision. And there is a lot of shit in both, you know that. Imo it is a phenomenon of this times. The other problem is that parents dont have so much time because they both have to work (mostly) so they cant really control their kids.And it is very hard to do that and its getting even worst.
When i was young there was no WWW, i had to actually buy a magazine ore find a VHS tape so i could jerk off :crazy:.
Now the only thing you have to do is one click. And this is not a to bad example. If you open a news site, you can find news like: ISIS cuts off heads from gays, father rapes his 3 year old doughter, video of two teen girls fighting each other got viral and so on. And this is every day.

Of curse this is not always and everywhere the case. There are people who still manage to educate their children right. But its much harder this days as it was in the past.

I have a 1/ 1/2 year old son and everyday i am thinking how tough its gonna be to keep this shit away from him when he grows up.
20 Jan 2016, 16:45 PM

I quit playing 2v2 a while ago because of this toxic stuff. One game that was close to a loss my random mate insulted me through ingame chat and started bombing my base. After the game he added me in steam and tried to go on with this behavior. As an 26 year old, thats just something I dont understand. I mean that´s life, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Deal with it, but don´t start to pollute your environment.

I guess the core problem is, that everyone feels safe because of the anonymity the internet provides. Face to face there would be much more knidness. (Even if it isn´t honest ;-)
20 Jan 2016, 19:49 PM

You handled it like a boss, OP. This kind of cool headed, nonchalant, mature attitude makes these bitter losers mad and feel small.
20 Jan 2016, 21:36 PM

Now the only thing you have to do is one click. And this is not a to bad example. If you open a news site, you can find news like: ISIS cuts off heads from gays, father rapes his 3 year old doughter, video of two teen girls fighting each other got viral and so on. And this is every day.

I'd have to agree with every part of your post except this one, it was a good read.

The reality is that that kind of stuff happened all of the time in the past. The difference is that information these days is really accessible (in some cases, too accessible) and in a 24 hr news cycle we see today where the demand for information is insatisfiable, we see more of what are really fringe cases than before - not just because of demand but also because this stuff sells.

That said, there is a big problem with how money and greed tends to rule the world these days :(
20 Jan 2016, 21:46 PM

Having played both LoL and CS GO, I can heartily say that even with all it's salt, CoH 2 is so much better.
Unfortunately, toxicity is just a disturbingly common thing. Then again, it probably always has been. Internet just means more exposure.
20 Jan 2016, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 02:54 AMInverse
That's called playing a competitive online game.

I guess competitive players don't deserve any respect then. If it is how you describe it.

This happens. You just have to get used to it , and try to stay away from 1000 + rank players as well as custom games ,in which the noobs muster .

What an unrefreshing elitist way to see it. Good on ya.
20 Jan 2016, 23:25 PM
Coder Red Badge

Have you ever played a competitive online game other than CoH2? In terms of community it's pretty damn tame by comparison. Some way to mute teammates would be good for team games, but aside from that there's really nothing to complain about. If you can't ignore your opponent's shit-talking, you probably shouldn't be automatching.
21 Jan 2016, 00:02 AM

Many top-tiered players are toxic as well. If they manage to lose it is all about cheese or broken mechanics. And if you adress their mistakes they immediately jump on you with personal insults. Will not name anyone but lets say they have many viewers on stream :p.

I think the most tolerant tier of players is ranked 10 - 150, at least in my experience.

The funniest thing is when top-tier players loudly complains at "abusive" mechanics just to resort to using them themselves. The irony :))

/Sylla

Bold statement
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight