Login

russian armor

Why is it so hard to kill a MG in a House with a Sniper?

16 Jan 2016, 15:06 PM

Why do I need to babysit the Ostheer Sniper for this so much, and even then he often gets hit?
If I don't look for half a second he dies from the HMG.

And that is even with a spotter unit.
16 Jan 2016, 15:09 PM

Because sniper is building soft counter?

And snipers do outrange HMGs, unless you fight vet1 vickers, then you need proper anti garrison.
16 Jan 2016, 15:24 PM

Why do I need to babysit the Ostheer Sniper for this so much, and even then he often gets hit?
If I don't look for half a second he dies from the HMG.

And that is even with a spotter unit.

Dont use ost sniper vs. Buildings... 66% acc and slow rate of fire make him useless vs garrisons. Brit sniper with 100% accuracy and higher RoF is a very decent counter though.
16 Jan 2016, 15:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 15:24 PMcr4wler

Dont use ost sniper vs. Buildings... 66% acc and slow rate of fire make him useless vs garrisons. Brit sniper with 100% accuracy and higher RoF is a very decent counter though.

Yes 66% accuracy is 'useless', good quote there m8
16 Jan 2016, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 15:52 PMpugzii

Yes 66% accuracy is 'useless', good quote there m8

go ahead, try sniper vs. maxim garrison and time it. then try brit sniper vs. mg42 in garrison and time it again. ost sniper would take roughly three times as long (estimate).
16 Jan 2016, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 15:24 PMcr4wler

I rarely play UKF and OST, and when I do I rarely go sniper, so I don't have any in game experience. But I always thought OST sniper had the highest RoF amongst them all?
16 Jan 2016, 16:15 PM

I rarely play UKF and OST, and when I do I rarely go sniper, so I don't have any in game experience. But I always thought OST sniper had the highest RoF amongst them all?

He has the fastest rate of fire of all snipers, not sure what cr4wler is talking about.
16 Jan 2016, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:15 PMpugzii

He has the fastest rate of fire of all snipers, not sure what cr4wler is talking about.

not by a long shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWCP4o8058s

even with the brit snipers horrendous reload time, he is quicker to fire ten shots (ost sniper without reload takes 8 shots in the same time). in the video you can also see taht even with 2 reload cycles of the brit sniper, he still ends up with more kills than the ost sniper.
16 Jan 2016, 16:17 PM

I'm just glad brit sniper is bugged or UKF wud literally have 0 garrison clearing methods apart from 'nades' lele
16 Jan 2016, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:16 PMcr4wler

even with the brit snipers horrendous reload time, he is quicker to fire ten shots (ost sniper without reload takes 8 shots in the same time). in the video you can also see taht even with 2 reload cycles of the brit sniper, he still ends up with more kills than the ost sniper.

Your not going to keep your sniper still while shooting a garrison, you will move him etc and so his rifle firetime will cooldown - this means ost's faster firetime/aimtime will still make it far better - when do you realistically stand still firing 10 shots? Are you some 2000 ladder scrub?
16 Jan 2016, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:16 PMcr4wler

Thanks for the vid.
16 Jan 2016, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:22 PMpugzii

Your not going to keep your sniper still while shooting a garrison, you will move him etc and so his rifle firetime will cooldown - this means ost's faster firetime/aimtime will still make it far better - when do you realistically stand still firing 10 shots? Are you some 2000 ladder scrub?

you were wrong. trying to insult me doesn't change the fact. if you took off your allied tinted glasses, maybe you could start seeing the state of the game for what it is (namely one where the ost sniper is in fact useless vs. garrisons).
16 Jan 2016, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:32 PMcr4wler

you were wrong. trying to insult me doesn't change the fact. if you took off your allied tinted glasses, maybe you could start seeing the state of the game for what it is (namely one where the ost sniper is in fact useless vs. garrisons).

I'm rank 40 Axis AT, how am I wearing allied tinted glasses. I literally abuse the fuck out of ost sniper, its almost game breaking unit once it has incendiary shot. IT outclasses brit sniper in everyway.
16 Jan 2016, 18:44 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:32 PMcr4wler

Having 31 games as allies on your playercard doesn't exactly mean you don't have axis tinted glasses for :)
16 Jan 2016, 19:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:02 PMcr4wler

go ahead, try sniper vs. maxim garrison and time it. then try brit sniper vs. mg42 in garrison and time it again. ost sniper would take roughly three times as long (estimate).

Isn't it stupid to make a test of 6 guys vs 4 guys ? Why you don't mention 50cal or even better, Vickers, if you want to make a comparison with the brit sniper.

Also, you realize the test is bad? It starts with the UKF sniper aiming first and there are times on which each sniper has to reaim due to each hitting the same target. Furthermore, no one is gonna sit the sniper constantly shooting.

OH: 66%
UKF: 100%
SU: 80%

Not 100% sure but notice that chances are lower if squads had smaller size/recieve accuracy.

Fire aim time:
OH: 2.4/1.1575/0.35
UKF: 2.4/1.75/1.4

Ready aim time:
OH: 0.875
UKF: 1.3125

Wind up: 0 for both
Wind down:
OH: 1.625
UKF: 4

Cooldown:
UKF: 0
OH: 4.5/3.375/2.25

Magazine:
OH: 10
UKF: 5

Reload:
OH: 4.25
UKF: 7.75
16 Jan 2016, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 17:21 PMpugzii

I'm rank 40 Axis AT, how am I wearing allied tinted glasses. I literally abuse the fuck out of ost sniper, its almost game breaking unit once it has incendiary shot. IT outclasses brit sniper in everyway.

and my video shows you that it doesn't.
especially when using them vs. garrison (i can upload a video for that as well, and coincidentally this is also the topic of this thread), the brit sniper outperforms the ost sniper by quite a big margin.

Having 31 games as allies on your playercard doesn't exactly mean you don't have axis tinted glasses for :)

trying to derive a conceived bias on my part from my player card is not very helpful. my track record on this forum on the other hand i think is. if you go back, you can find posts of me arguing against proposed axis buffs as well as arguing against proposed allied nerfs. i want the game to be balanced, unlike the fanboys on either side of the fence. as for my playercard, i usually play the side with the shorter queue times, which, most of the time is axis (and i don't play OKW, which is why i have most of my games as ost). also funny to see is that my winrate as allies is quite a bit higher than my axis winrate. go figure...

Isn't it stupid to make a test of 6 guys vs 4 guys ? Why you don't mention 50cal or even better, Vickers, if you want to make a comparison with the brit sniper.

Also, you realize the test is bad? It starts with the UKF sniper aiming first and there are times on which each sniper has to reaim due to each hitting the same target. Furthermore, no one is gonna sit the sniper constantly shooting.

you can test it against whatever you want, the facts still stand. brit sniper never has to fight weapon crews with more than 4 crew members, ost has to fight up to 6. my example was a worst case scenario, yes. still, it changes nothing about the fact that the brit sniper is far superior in fighting garrisons.

don't get me wrong, the lower aim time for the ost sniper IS problematic, especially in sniper vs. sniper battles. but the fact that the brit sniper is superior in a few other ways always gets discarded right away, and the only proposed changes are nerfs to the ost sniper (which i am not necessarily opposed to, but then please also have a look at all the other snipers and the game state in general, which doesn't favor vanilla ost by any stretch of the imagination).

also remember to stay on topic, if you want to discuss my playercard, the sniper situation in general or any other matter not related to the thread topic, go open a new thread. i am more than willing to discuss offtopic matters in an appropriate thread.
16 Jan 2016, 20:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 19:51 PMcr4wler
snip

I'm not disagreeing with the premice that UKF is way better antigarrison than OH or even SU sniper. And that OH sniper is not a hardcounter to maxim spam in garrison.

I just show some facts, why the video test is bad and why OH has the fastest RoF of all snipers (specially when you take into account realistic parameters)

OP: don't use snipers to clear garrison.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 48
unknown 12
Germany 8
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L