Login

russian armor

How come ppl have probs with FRPs all the sudden

15 Jan 2016, 23:51 PM

My two cents:

Make it so Forward Retreat Points can only be used in territory connecting to the HQ. Things like the Medic truck can still be placed outside that territory, but you can't purchase the FRP.
16 Jan 2016, 00:28 AM

I don't have problem with FRP but I have problem with ppl who wants to nerf Caliope.
16 Jan 2016, 01:06 AM

I don't have problem with FRP but I have problem with ppl who wants to nerf Caliope.

Not every faction has a calliope.
16 Jan 2016, 09:56 AM

Not every faction has a calliope.

USF has it is more than enough.
16 Jan 2016, 10:45 AM

if you know where your enemy is retreating, just bombard it with mortars, incendiary attacks, artillery etc.bleed them like crazy. Not much of an issue tbh
17 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 10:45 AMAlphrum
if you know where your enemy is retreating, just bombard it with mortars, incendiary attacks, artillery etc.bleed them like crazy. Not much of an issue tbh

What if you don't have incendiary attacks, artillery and can't get your mortars close enough because its too dangerous? FRPs become came changers mainly on larger maps with large retreat points including:
General mud
Lorach assault
Hill331
Vielsiam
Essenwork station
Rehez winter

And many others. It makes a huge difference on field presence and map control.
17 Jan 2016, 23:48 PM

They make blobbing more rewarding / less punishing

Stuka/Pwerfer on Ambulance-Major Disagrees.
Mortars/Rocket Arty/Standard Arty/Pack Howitzer etc. etc. on BGHQ also Disagrees.
18 Jan 2016, 01:56 AM

OKW had a resource constraint... losing squads or even models became a heavy MP drain on their economy. However, once that was removed and volks were buffed, blobbing become rewarded as there isn't as heavy a drawback as before.

unless I missed something I dont think the OKW ever had an MP penalty.
18 Jan 2016, 12:35 PM

4 faction out of 5 have FRP... i think the only one who has disadvantage is OST.

Playing on larger maps without FRP is a pain in the a*s.

Also dont break FRP if you have problems with blobbing. FRP is not the root cause of the blobbing issue. Dont decrease the tactical diversity of the game just because other aspects are f*cked up.
18 Jan 2016, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 07:40 AMJohnnyB
I hate this false problem.

Haters gonna hate and make lie. Move on.

FRPs were called many times before.
They give unfair advantage.
They make blobbing more rewarding / less punishing
They give great map presence.

Looks like l2p issue...

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 12:35 PMRiCE
4 faction out of 5 have FRP... i think the only one who has disadvantage is OST.

Also dont break FRP if you have problems with blobbing. FRP is not the root cause of the blobbing issue. Dont decrease the tactical diversity of the game just because other aspects are f*cked up.

4 of 5? Huh, then did Soviets recieve FRP? Playing on larger map without FRP should make you use flanks or brute force. FRP point is a HUGE advantage for OKW early-mid.

So this OP ability is tactical diversity? I can't belive in such way of appology for FRP.

Look, FRP for powerfull infantry is to way op. You don't waste time as other footsloggers to make a counter attack. Let's say it's 1 minute to retreat, 1 minute to heal, 2 minute back to fight point. And count FRP 20 second to retreat, 1 minute to heal(still okw and brits are faster here) and 40 seconds to fight point. So 4 minutes against 2 minutes = tactical diversity?

18 Jan 2016, 13:21 PM

I trade the ambulance/major combo for sdfk 251 any day.

FRP should have more counters than only indirect fire.
FRP should have more micro than just being enable once.

Now USF and OKW without FRP means USF and OKW should have easy access to HMG/Mortar to hold the line as Ost/Sov

I don't like FRP neither but the way those factions are designed make it mandatory. And I pretty sure a blob of shreck/m1919 followed by a reliable HT able to reinforce them in any territories would be worst.
18 Jan 2016, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 13:05 PMcarloff

Haters gonna hate and make lie. Move on.

Looks like l2p issue...

4 of 5? Huh, then did Soviets recieve FRP? Playing on larger map without FRP should make you use flanks or brute force. FRP point is a HUGE advantage for OKW early-mid.

So this OP ability is tactical diversity? I can't belive in such way of appology for FRP.

Look, FRP for powerfull infantry is to way op. You don't waste time as other footsloggers to make a counter attack. Let's say it's 1 minute to retreat, 1 minute to heal, 2 minute back to fight point. And count FRP 20 second to retreat, 1 minute to heal(still okw and brits are faster here) and 40 seconds to fight point. So 4 minutes against 2 minutes = tactical diversity?

Well according to your fanboy standards, all factions and games should be identical, in order not to screw up the pretious balance. Every unit, feature, and tactics in this game has counters. But how would you know that, when you are playing almost exclussively one side on... 4v4. Good thing there isn't a 6v6 mode...or a 8v8.... to involve more skill .... :facepalm:
18 Jan 2016, 13:23 PM

Neither Ostheer nor Soviets have FRP. Brits suffer from a chronic lack of MP and their FRP is a fragile 500mp invenstment. That leaves 2 factions with FRP and coincidentally these factions are known for blobbing.

There are many roots for blobbing, but the biggest one is how field presence can be contained because of FRP. Attacking a position, getting repelled by MGs and coming back 30sec later on another way is not tactical diversity. Do you know what's tactical gameplay? Scouting the enemy's position, splitting your units to come from several directions and starting the offensive with smoke on the MGs (removal of FRP would require OKW to get a source for smoke).
18 Jan 2016, 13:33 PM

Stuka/Pwerfer on Ambulance-Major Disagrees.
Mortars/Rocket Arty/Standard Arty/Pack Howitzer etc. etc. on BGHQ also Disagrees.

People just don't want to consider counters. Or to consider the high risk / high reward concept.
If I build (as OKW) a forward T2 that won't win me the game instantly. It will create - for a price - a temporarely advantage. If I fail to use this advantage properly, or the enemy prevent me from doing it, later in the game it will prove itself to be rather a disadvantage because:

1. it will draw almos all coordinated enemy attacks;
2. it will be an all-caliber balistic guns pinata, drawing balistic fire also to my retreating squads. One shot and the game could be over for me;
3. if I lose it, I also lose a tier, which is a verry hard hit but still fair because I CHOSE TO RISK WHEN I COULD CHOSE TO BUILD IT IN THE BASE.
(Last point is dedicated to people who said : "but muricans for instace don't have an early game FRP"). Yeah, they also HAVE NOT and ENTIRE TIER EXPOSED, DO THEY?

But you explain, you explain, you explain.... all for nothing. Whiners will whine untill this game will be as dull as pudding. Then moving to another game to ruin it too.
18 Jan 2016, 13:38 PM

Best way to deal with USF and OKW FRP is to make a cooldown for retreats for example 180 seconds. If you retreat before the end of cooldown you'll retreat on your main base. It'll promote careful playstyle I think. Blobbing is a cancer of CoH series since CoH1.
18 Jan 2016, 14:38 PM

What if you don't have incendiary attacks, artillery

Ummm... let's see... USF has CalliOP and Priest, incendiary attacks, pack howie, of map artillery;
UKF has Sexton, base howies, off map artillery;
OH has PZwerfer, howie and off map artillery;
OKW has wurframen and off map artillery;
Soviets have katiushas, howies, B4 and incendiary attacks.

Did I miss something?!

and can't get your mortars close enough because its too dangerous?

Well you should not get your mortars to close, because it's dangerous. In fact, don't get any unit to close, because it's to freakin' dangerous. Is that a reason?
If you don't want to use mortars, fine, pick one of above, at your liking.
18 Jan 2016, 14:46 PM

OKW needs this to stay on the map, and they already pay a heavy cost for it. 100/15 + 500/25

It's not going anywhere anytime soon.
18 Jan 2016, 14:49 PM

unless I missed something I dont think the OKW ever had an MP penalty.

but they had a muni penalty in which case losing a volks squad would be detrimental to the shrek spam. now however, i usually have so much muni, i can call artillery, throw grenades, and shrek spam, lose a squad here and there and can easily replace another volks squad with an upgrade.
18 Jan 2016, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 14:38 PMJohnnyB

Ummm... let's see... USF has CalliOP and Priest, incendiary attacks, pack howie, of map artillery;
UKF has Sexton, base howies, off map artillery;
OH has PZwerfer, howie and off map artillery;
OKW has wurframen and off map artillery;
Soviets have katiushas, howies, B4 and incendiary attacks.

Did I miss something?!

Well you should not get your mortars to close, because it's dangerous. In fact, don't get any unit to close, because it's to freakin' dangerous. Is that a reason?
If you don't want to use mortars, fine, pick one of above, at your liking.

List the decent offmaps ostheer has again please. You want to use ost howi? We both know that thing is a waste of manpower. That leave pwerfer. Very fragile lots of scatter at safe range, comes later than any other for of artillery (especially if you want any armor from t3), and delays any other tanks you want/need to counter enemy tanks. Youre cheap FRPs have relatively hard to get and expensive counters.
Offmaps are doctrinal and shouldn't be needed to counter doctrinal abilities imo.
Another example of this is USFs need for Calliope's and priests for a form of heavy indirect fire.
The only time you're gonna suffer from a stuka bomb is when you aren't listening to the plane overhead and you make no effort at at all to move. All risk about the FRPs for USFs can be easily avoided by repositioning. OKW has to slug out its choice so their is alot more risk to it as you said.

Listen Johnny, nobody is saying there is no counter play to FRPs. What the problem is, is that it comes too late and still has such a huge impact on bigger maps that it can often prevent the enemy from even getting counters to it at all. It promotes blobbing as well which I think you'd agree with, needs toning down.
18 Jan 2016, 15:06 PM

OKW needs this to stay on the map, and they already pay a heavy cost for it. 100/15 + 500/25

It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

OKW
And USFs have the most offensive units and aggressive play styles in the game. They least of all need to stay on the map. Brits SU and ost on the other hand.. Lose your position and lose the game if your enemy knows what they're doing. One reason why arty cover and other wipe machines are devastating to these factions. The player is more hesitant to abandon his field presence because he knows it'll be a challenge to reclaim it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★