Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
17 Jan 2016, 17:42 PM

A test between Luch vs IS and an Aec vs Volks is not a realistic test then?

No would love to see stats about that matchup too! Im really just curious about it
17 Jan 2016, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 17:07 PMCieZ

To counter a Luchs, a 222, a 251, to run down an Ost sniper, to help against Mg42 play. These are all things that IS suck against.

How does the AEC not reduce field presence prior to and shortly after its arrival? You're spending like 600mp super early on tech and then the unit that does not provide you with capping power in any way.

Yes the unit is great but it's not some instant win monster like a 4 minute t70 was back in Soviet Windustry days. There is ample time to field a PaK in a 1v1. It's a great unit but it isn't something that should be rushed every single game, you will be punished for playing that way in a 1v1.

while correct in and off of itself, the AEC also kind of reduces the enemys field presence, since he has to hug his pak now or risk losing squads that are capping around without pak support.
17 Jan 2016, 18:42 PM

3x armour and same gun as the Cromwell, if the beef is with timing then I'd expect the Valentine would both be more used and complained about.
17 Jan 2016, 19:44 PM

3x armour and same gun as the Cromwell, if the beef is with timing then I'd expect the Valentine would both be more used and complained about.

Except its not the same gun, its weaker.
17 Jan 2016, 19:52 PM

No more joke 1v1 wins vs. UKF.

Although this thing could probably use a slight delay in timing.
17 Jan 2016, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 17:07 PMCieZ

To counter a Luchs, a 222, a 251, to run down an Ost sniper, to help against Mg42 play. These are all things that IS suck against.

How does the AEC not reduce field presence prior to and shortly after its arrival? You're spending like 600mp super early on tech and then the unit that does not provide you with capping power in any way.

All these things directly help increase presence. No more MGs, Luchs, etc. covering areas of the map? Now it's easy to get brit inf into cover for that stat bonus, probably on a fuel cutoff or something else that's critical.

Yes the unit is great but it's not some instant win monster like a 4 minute t70 was back in Soviet Windustry days. There is ample time to field a PaK in a 1v1. It's a great unit but it isn't something that should be rushed every single game, you will be punished for playing that way in a 1v1.

Yes, in 1v1. However, 2v2 is also a valid and almost equal skill-requiring game mode. Short of rushing T2 (oh look no map presence), there's no way to get a pak out on time.
17 Jan 2016, 21:23 PM

Can people not nag on the game for 1 day. The patch is just in....
17 Jan 2016, 21:32 PM

All these things directly help increase presence. No more MGs, Luchs, etc. covering areas of the map? Now it's easy to get brit inf into cover for that stat bonus, probably on a fuel cutoff or something else that's critical.

Yes, in 1v1. However, 2v2 is also a valid and almost equal skill-requiring game mode. Short of rushing T2 (oh look no map presence), there's no way to get a pak out on time.

It increases your field presence AFTER the AEC hits, if and only if those things were giving you trouble in the first place. The question that was presented basically why make the AEC if it reduces your capping power.

You make the AEC in order to counter something that you are having trouble with. It isn't a unit that should always be built (like an M5 Quad or T70 for example).

Up until the AEC hits, you're going to be severely crippled in capping power and map control. Even after it hits you still need to purchase more squads to catch up on capping power.

Blindly rushing the AEC is asking to lose in a 1v1. If they don't have anything you need the AEC to counter... then what's the point? You're just going to run it into a PaK or Rak, spend all day repairing it and sweeping for it to what... bleed some Grens or Volks? A sniper or mortar pit can do that better while being considerably cheaper AND not delaying your Cromwell.

It is finally a good unit that fills a valid (and much needed) role in the UKF arsenal, and now everyone is flipping out? It is far from overpowered in a 1v1, and nowhere near the level of other things like Calliopes, M1919s, Quads, Ost snipers, IS2s... What would UKF do without it? They were already the weakest 1v1 faction before the AEC buff, and they're still the weakest Allied faction - and perhaps the weakest 1v1 faction still.

If the timing is really THAT much of an issue in team games, make the research take longer to finish.
17 Jan 2016, 21:36 PM

Permanently Banned
I've been checking the winrates these past few days since the patch, and just saying brit winrate isn't bad

Worse allied faction? Yes, but still better than ost and okw 1v1, better than ost in 2v2 and near equal to okw in 2v2. Sov and american still better than both axis faction, but that might be due to calliope.

http://coh2chart.com/
17 Jan 2016, 22:04 PM

I think it just needs to cost a little more fuel, as others have been saying. It's arguably better than the Stuart and T-70, yet it comes before both.

180 + 30 to Tier 1
100 + 15 to unlock AEC
340 + 50 to build AEC

So it's 95 fuel if you go straight through, versus 130 for Stuart (60 for Captain + 70 to build Stuart).

It should be something like:

180 + 30 to Tier 1
100 + 25 to unlock AEC
320 + 60 to build AEC.
17 Jan 2016, 22:24 PM

Its really overperforming its like a 5min Sherman with HE shells.
17 Jan 2016, 22:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 21:20 PMRollo
L2P, because everything you just posted is false

Which thing could possibly be wrong, especially with what you quoted?

Yes, in 1v1.

I'm agreeing with you, unless you've changed your mind.

However, 2v2 is also a valid and almost equal skill-requiring game mode.

Last I checked it was almost as well respected as 1v1, and requires almost as much skill. Unless this has changed dramatically, and no one told me.

Short of rushing T2 (oh look no map presence), there's no way to get a pak out on time.

So you're saying that you can get a pak out at 5-6 min (400mp + 320mp for the pak), and not lose map presence?

Starting income for ost is 291/min, with about 430mp to start. So let's see. You need to build T1, so that's 80mp, then you'll want to build a few grens. I usually start with 2. But you'll also want an MG. So there's 240x2 + 260. So far that's 820mp (including the building). Subtracting what we can from the starting MP, we're now at -390mp, which will take about 80sec to get. So we're now at 1:20. Now, were against brits in 2v2, so we can either go with another gren quad, or a sniper. IMO, this is pretty map dependent, but let's say you go sniper -> gren. That's another 360 + 240mp = 600mp. That's 2 min and 6 seconds, approximately. SO we're now at 3 min 26sec.

By that time I'd expect there to be some combat of some sort. Let's say we've lost 1 model from our pios, and 3 models from our collective 3 gren squads. That's 25mp for our pios, and 90mp for our grens = 115mp = 24sec. So we're at 3:50 now.

So let's now tech up. We're at 0mp, and we need 100, so let's wait the 21 seconds to get it (4:11). Now let's tech up, which takes 45 seconds (4:56), but gives us about 218mp. Now let's build the T2 building, which takes (I think) 25sec (and costs 200mp). Now we're at 5:21, with 18 + 121 = 139mp. So we still need 181mp, which will take another 37 seconds (5:58). Now let's build the PAK (35 sec). It finally shows up on the map at 6:33. Now, let's move the pak to about the mid-point of a map (im using 'Crossing in the Woods' as a test) - that takes 50 seconds.

So, with an average early-game build, you'll get a pak to the frontlines at around 7:23. I've seen the AEC show up at 5:30. That's 2 minutes for it to take out your MGs, force you to retreat a few gren squads (probably).

You can nerf that down a bit by simply doing 3 grens no sniper, but you'll have less map presence and do far less damage. Oh, and all of this is based on a magical world where there's 0 upkeep; so add a bit more time.

Or post playercard so I can laugh at you :thumb:

If I could figure out my steam ID #, I would. But a week ago I was rank ~150 ost in 2v2 random. Then the AEC decided to knock me down a fair bit. I can post a pic of that if you want.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 21:32 PMCieZ
It increases your field presence AFTER the AEC hits, if and only if those things were giving you trouble in the first place. The question that was presented basically why make the AEC if it reduces your capping power.

You make the AEC in order to counter something that you are having trouble with. It isn't a unit that should always be built (like an M5 Quad or T70 for example).

Up until the AEC hits, you're going to be severely crippled in capping power and map control. Even after it hits you still need to purchase more squads to catch up on capping power.

Well, I'd have to disagree with you there. Due to brit infantry's cover bonuses, you don't need that many squads to be able to stand up to grens; and you'll probably only be facing 1 MG, so you should be to take a good portion of the map. Once it does hit, you'll be able to do enough damage to delay Ost by enough to be able to get more squads out and take a fair bit of the map.

Blindly rushing the AEC is asking to lose in a 1v1. If they don't have anything you need the AEC to counter... then what's the point? You're just going to run it into a PaK or Rak, spend all day repairing it and sweeping for it to what... bleed some Grens or Volks? A sniper or mortar pit can do that better while being considerably cheaper AND not delaying your Cromwell.

It is finally a good unit that fills a valid (and much needed) role in the UKF arsenal, and now everyone is flipping out? It is far from overpowered in a 1v1, and nowhere near the level of other things like Calliopes, M1919s, Quads, Ost snipers, IS2s... What would UKF do without it? They were already the weakest 1v1 faction before the AEC buff, and they're still the weakest Allied faction - and perhaps the weakest 1v1 faction still.

If the timing is really THAT much of an issue in team games, make the research take longer to finish.

Specifically talking about 2v2. Literally, the bit about "yes in 1v1" was stating how it's not a problem in 1v1, since you'll get wrecked by lack of map presence/caping power. In 2v2, you can have your teammate make up for the lack of caping, combined with some of the terribly small 2v2 maps, you should be able to hold at least a bit with a few squads.

18 Jan 2016, 15:38 PM

People fail to realize that as OH. It's simply not fun, and repetitive having to rush tier 2 for AT gun.. I can say the same about British to the p2. Some of you are using mines as a "counter" that's a pure luck deal. As most goodnplayers avoid mine areas. As well as using sweepers. As for pgrens with shrecks. Yea cuz anyone with a brain will micro awayou before the next 2 shots come... point is. It's not fun..

Lol, it's not fun as an excuse to nerf something.

List of things that are not fun:
shrek blobs
riflemen blobs with m1919 or zookas or whatever
calliope squadwipes
snipers spam
FRPs
panther bouncing most frontal shots
panzerwerfer squadwipes
partisans
fallschims
IS2 missing all of it's shot or squadwiping shots RNG god...
OKW flak emplacement can't hit anything if placed on uneven terrain
list goes on and on and on.

For being "forced" into building T2, I see and don't like how everyone goes for calliopes now just to handle volks blobs and that locks you in a certain doctrine.
I don't like being forced to pick t85 doctrines to handle axis heavies.

Same spiel. If it's a gamechanger, it will get addressed or NOT, lelic.
18 Jan 2016, 16:38 PM

AEC is probably fine in my opinion. It's just a Puma.
18 Jan 2016, 16:49 PM

AEC is probably fine in my opinion. It's just a Puma.
A more durable puma + CMD PIV AI
18 Jan 2016, 17:11 PM

The brits can use some buffs so.
18 Jan 2016, 17:13 PM

A more durable puma + CMD PIV AI

Puma=400hp.
AEC=400hp.

If you believe you can kill or damage any of them with small arms in any significant way, then you have MG42 at vet1, which isn't allied weapon.
18 Jan 2016, 17:32 PM

18 Jan 2016, 17:38 PM

That 15 armor difference :foreveralone:
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak