Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
17 Jan 2016, 06:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 05:33 AMpugzii

If you see your against a brit player, just play to expect an AEC and get a PaK at ASAP and dont skip tech.. its pretty simple. If he over extends his AEC faust and its dead, bye bye wasted fuel and longer wait till cromwell. This is the same as how brits have to rush AT gun to counter 7 min Luchs.

It's not like brits will have much map control anyway, if they rush AEC the most their army will be is 2 IS and an Vickers... don't expect them to do much

AEC can come out at around 6:00 (with equal map control), on large maps, you physically can't have a PAK out on time, and in a decent position. BEST case, it's just rolled onto the map when the AEC starts wrecking everything. Also, you'd be amazed how well 2 squads and a vickers can do on some of the narrow maps (Rails and Metal, Kharkov, even ecliptic if they start south. And that's if both go AEC, usually only 1 of them rushes it, the other goes inf heavy. Remember that the brit infantry cover bonus is a pretty hefty force multiplier.

17 Jan 2016, 06:29 AM

AEC can come out at around 6:00 (with equal map control), on large maps, you physically can't have a PAK out on time, and in a decent position. BEST case, it's just rolled onto the map when the AEC starts wrecking everything. Also, you'd be amazed how well 2 squads and a vickers can do on some of the narrow maps (Rails and Metal, Kharkov, even ecliptic if they start south. And that's if both go AEC, usually only 1 of them rushes it, the other goes inf heavy. Remember that the brit infantry cover bonus is a pretty hefty force multiplier.

ye its OP i agree.
17 Jan 2016, 07:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 20:13 PMStafkeh

Rank 1 player with almost Axis games only :romeoPls:

Do i care? as long as i can flame around, everything is okay :foreveralone: But to be honest, the AEC is raping hard boi :thumb:
17 Jan 2016, 07:53 AM

If AC overperforms then stuart , luchs , t70 overperforms too and if ostheer is unabl to win against brist because of AC then it wont be able to win against Russian and USA vehicle rush too and thust it will be worst faction with smallest winrate.

But it isnt ....
17 Jan 2016, 08:15 AM

Permanently Banned
If AC overperforms then stuart , luchs , t70 overperforms too and if ostheer is unabl to win against brist because of AC then it wont be able to win against Russian and USA vehicle rush too and thust it will be worst faction with smallest winrate.

But it isnt ....
Its the best light tank and comes out at the same time if not sooner. 400 hp + smoke and counter light vehicles and infantry, t70, and stuart come later and are worse, and luchs can't even fight armor better than a 222 can. Brits dont even have worst winrate, ostheer does. The 222 needs buffs because they are the only faction that can't rely on light vehicles and have to rely solely on pak40s.

The only reliable counter for an AEC is a teller mine or medium tanks. Shrecks and racketens will just kinda scare it away and even then its coming way too early. Needs to be delayed by atleast a minute more. Drop mp by like 80 and increase fuel and research time.
17 Jan 2016, 08:22 AM

But it isnt ....

The problem isn't the unit's stats; it's the time it arrives at. The others you mentioned (Except probably the luchs) show up at a time when a shrek squad/pak are already on the map - the AEC shows up a fair bit before that.

17 Jan 2016, 08:34 AM

Its the best light tank and comes out at the same time if not sooner. 400 hp + smoke and counter light vehicles and infantry, t70, and stuart come later and are worse, and luchs can't even fight armor better than a 222 can. Brits dont even have worst winrate, ostheer does. The 222 needs buffs because they are the only faction that can't rely on light vehicles and have to rely solely on pak40s.

The only reliable counter for an AEC is a teller mine or medium tanks. Shrecks and racketens will just kinda scare it away and even then its coming way too early. Needs to be delayed by atleast a minute more. Drop mp by like 80 and increase fuel and research time.

How many times i need to tell everyone i run tests.

Each of lights (except 222 cause it is vehicle counter not light tank) have a mission - to kill one coscript squad.

I run this test 10 times. Each time t70 or luch killed squad in shortest time (luchs have continous damage while t70 was more rng dependant , but all in all it was best [t70])

Slightly after them or lot of time after them (once again , if it hits or no) stuart killed cons and last one every time was AC

What does it mean ? AC is worst in AI capabilities from all lights.

Also keep in mind that it have low armor and die to luchs if both of are on rear armor. And also it is most mp hungry and mp is winning factor mid game not fuel.

I think it is fine , players only need to realise it is not crapcar that can be near your pio and you can freely cap and then softretreat.
17 Jan 2016, 08:37 AM

The problem isn't the unit's stats; it's the time it arrives at. The others you mentioned (Except probably the luchs) show up at a time when a shrek squad/pak are already on the map - the AEC shows up a fair bit before that.

This is not true.

Ostheer tier 2 - 45 + 20 fuel = 65 fuel
Scoutcar - 15 fuel (tier 2 - initial fuel ) + 15 +50 = 80 fuel

Only problem is that otheer does not want to go that soon pak or it will lack field presence. But also brits player if he go that fast to AC will lak presence (2 IS , mg and engi for sweeping/ capping)
17 Jan 2016, 08:45 AM

Permanently Banned
I dont agree that Going AEC reduces field presence. The AEC is only threatened by a pak40 and has an advantage over ever other ostheer unit. Plus its mobile. If going AEC reduces field presence, then why even go it?
17 Jan 2016, 11:03 AM

How many times i need to tell everyone i run tests.

Each of lights (except 222 cause it is vehicle counter not light tank) have a mission - to kill one coscript squad.

I run this test 10 times. Each time t70 or luch killed squad in shortest time (luchs have continous damage while t70 was more rng dependant , but all in all it was best [t70])

Slightly after them or lot of time after them (once again , if it hits or no) stuart killed cons and last one every time was AC

What does it mean ? AC is worst in AI capabilities from all lights.

Also keep in mind that it have low armor and die to luchs if both of are on rear armor. And also it is most mp hungry and mp is winning factor mid game not fuel.

I think it is fine , players only need to realise it is not crapcar that can be near your pio and you can freely cap and then softretreat.

Just asking: why dont you use real ingame matchups? An aec will never face a conscript squad, rather do the test with aec vs. Gren and luchs vs conscript etc..
17 Jan 2016, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 20:13 PMStafkeh

Rank 1 player with almost Axis games only :romeoPls:

Stafkeh pls, player card :romeoHype:

:snfCHVGame:
17 Jan 2016, 12:13 PM

Just asking: why dont you use real ingame matchups? An aec will never face a conscript squad, rather do the test with aec vs. Gren and luchs vs conscript etc..

Wold it make it a world of difference for you if it was osttruppen or pfussiliers then?
17 Jan 2016, 12:39 PM

Because then it will have biased view in its performance.

It is like saying easy 8 are worse to p4 because easy 8 face panthers while p4 face t34/76 ....
17 Jan 2016, 13:13 PM

People complain about the AEC rush but find the luch rush fine .........

Did you even play against it ......
17 Jan 2016, 13:26 PM

I find it disturbing that the AEC can destroy infantry reliably while the Puma even with the MG is totally lacking in that regard. Looks to me like a snowflake bonus to the AEC.
17 Jan 2016, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 12:13 PMKatitof

Wold it make it a world of difference for you if it was osttruppen or pfussiliers then?

It doenst make any difference to me since I ddidnt play for a long time. Im just curious about stats and aec vs conscript is not interesting for me since it wont ever happen ingame. Oh and i thought it's about mainline infantry and not call in infantry.
17 Jan 2016, 16:24 PM

I'm a noob but...

Surely the far more powerful Valentine appears at the same time or sooner?

Never seen anyone complain about it...
17 Jan 2016, 17:07 PM

I dont agree that Going AEC reduces field presence. The AEC is only threatened by a pak40 and has an advantage over ever other ostheer unit. Plus its mobile. If going AEC reduces field presence, then why even go it?

To counter a Luchs, a 222, a 251, to run down an Ost sniper, to help against Mg42 play. These are all things that IS suck against.

How does the AEC not reduce field presence prior to and shortly after its arrival? You're spending like 600mp super early on tech and then the unit that does not provide you with capping power in any way.

Yes the unit is great but it's not some instant win monster like a 4 minute t70 was back in Soviet Windustry days. There is ample time to field a PaK in a 1v1. It's a great unit but it isn't something that should be rushed every single game, you will be punished for playing that way in a 1v1.
17 Jan 2016, 17:26 PM

I'm a noob but...

Surely the far more powerful Valentine appears at the same time or sooner?

Never seen anyone complain about it...

It honestly is not better at all. In fact the Valentine is pretty garbage, locked in a useless doctrine and is literally only an armoured Uhu.
17 Jan 2016, 17:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It doenst make any difference to me since I ddidnt play for a long time. Im just curious about stats and aec vs conscript is not interesting for me since it wont ever happen ingame. Oh and i thought it's about mainline infantry and not call in infantry.

A test between Luch vs IS and an Aec vs Volks is not a realistic test then?
PAGES (20)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS