Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
15 Jan 2016, 15:55 PM

I've had a couple lose to Luchs... Though I do suck. RNG gods at play?

What do you mean ? Luchs killed your AEC ?
15 Jan 2016, 16:03 PM
Donator 11

I hope you guys know that nobody takes seriously comments that appear just after the patch drops. IMHO after every patch there should be one, carefully moderated thread, created by one of mods with patchnotes that would feature all the comments based on notes and first gameplay impressions and for 3 days all ballance threads featuring units that were changed should be locked. Then the forum should go back to normal state. Its actually possible with how rarely relic drops new patches.
15 Jan 2016, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 15:55 PMBlalord

What do you mean ? Luchs killed your AEC ?

Well, luchs pens it every time and AEC got terrible moving accuracy, you can chase kubel for half the map and never hit it.
15 Jan 2016, 17:10 PM

Yeah a couple of them.

Face to face the AEC might win but the Luchs is much more manouvreable and doesn't deal it's damage in steps. Luchs can get away, that's for sure, and if the AEC misses ( which it does often) it is in trouble.

Rather than think oh goody me, free xp ahead, I might have my finger hovering closer to the smoke button in future... AEC looks superior on paper so might be me sucking badly...
15 Jan 2016, 17:26 PM

Yeah a couple of them.

Face to face the AEC might win but the Luchs is much more manouvreable and doesn't deal it's damage in steps. Luchs can get away, that's for sure, and if the AEC misses ( which it does often) it is in trouble.

Rather than think oh goody me, free xp ahead, I might have my finger hovering closer to the smoke button in future... AEC looks superior on paper so might be me sucking badly...

You are correct on paper AEC is better. In practice it can turn out in favor of Luchs or AEC. The AEC moving accuracy makes it hard to beat on Luchs because of its inability to move while shooting at it if it wants to do anything. Meanwhile, the Luchs will always hit and penetrates reliably, although for low damage. However, in a faction with lots of AT this makes the Luchs very dangerous to the AEC.

Try using the AEC as you would an AT gun against the Luchs. Let it attempt to kite infantry and then use it behind to force it off. Against a Luchs I would still recommend a real AT gun. The AEC can actually do its job now of protecting the AT gun from light vehicles now.

If you are good try using the sniper, hit vet 1 and then try to crit the Luchs. At this point the AEC should hold the advantage decisively and defeat it. Again many factors in play here. OKW still feels better than Brits to me, but this helps partially redress balance.
15 Jan 2016, 17:43 PM

Good advice...

I've become a bit overexcited with my new toy and neglected the normal use of AT to my cost several times already!

Before the buff I used them as scouts for AT and pits, or behind the front lines as fire support.

Going on a jolly killing spree is still very dangerous and losing one early is not a clever thing to do.

15 Jan 2016, 17:46 PM

I'm happy that the AEC is getting the attention. We don't want it to end up as a useless... forgotten... unit...
Almost like how the SU-76 was once considered garbag.
15 Jan 2016, 18:10 PM

Hey can somebody please explains how the vet ability work? I use it sometimes and it does not do anything.
15 Jan 2016, 18:46 PM

Hey can somebody please explains how the vet ability work? I use it sometimes and it does not do anything.
The AEC shoots the tracks of the targeted vehicle so other units may have a chance at killing it. As of right now, the ability has been bugged since the release of the UKF and I believe stopping the AEC before using the ability may work, though you shouldn't take my word for it. Someone who uses the AEC more than a USF/OKW casual player may correct me.
15 Jan 2016, 18:47 PM

How does this compare to the new 222?
15 Jan 2016, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 08:23 AMKatitof
Can we at least wait more then 7 hours before saying if its op or not...?

While an axis overbuff can detected and analyzed by you within seconds. kappa
15 Jan 2016, 18:53 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 18:47 PMNapalm
How does this compare to the new 222?

Was there a 222 buff since the 221 was converted? Because as of now, all Allied light armour that aren't other scout cars will smash it with minimal resistance. This includes T-70, Quad, Stuart, AEC, and if ready, M15 AA HT.
15 Jan 2016, 19:25 PM

Yup. You totally have spent enough time adapting to this and learning how to counter it. Lelele.

I hope relic buffs it again. This forum is truly amazing sometimes. It hasn't even been 24 hours.

you mean like the last patch in december? were people were crying about okw also less than 24h into the patch? 3 days later the forum was freaking FILLED with "OPkw" threads? with you joining in? and now, even disregarding the patch from yesterday, the only faction that OKW is ahead of in 1v1 winrate is Ost.

yes, you are right, this forum TRULY is amazing... all of the time :-)
15 Jan 2016, 19:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 12:27 PMJewdo
Is its performance comparable to something? Little weaker than Luchs at AI and a little weaker than Puma at AT?

The best comparison is if you imagine it as an Ostwind that does 2x the damage per shot, but shoots 6x slower. If it lands right on a model it will kill them in one hit.

AT is a little weaker than puma with less range.
15 Jan 2016, 20:04 PM

Permanently Banned
222 still gets rekt by everything. The AEC performs just like the t70 with 400 health, slower reload, slower rof but high enough damage to one shot. 2.5 aoe is too much scale it back to 1.5-2. It also comes really early.

Its just a bit much. Its like the luchs, but it can also fight light armor and get lucky one shots.

Ostheer is always forced to get pak40 and rely solely on that. Lucky teller mines dont count. 222 should atleast be able to inflict some damage to it if it flanks around.
15 Jan 2016, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 19:42 PMTobis

The best comparison is if you imagine it as an Ostwind that does 2x the damage per shot, but shoots 6x slower. If it lands right on a model it will kill them in one hit.

AT is a little weaker than puma with less range.

Yea ive been using it, it seems decent. No reason to cry OP though..

Was having fun, but now my left shift key died on me. :(
15 Jan 2016, 20:07 PM

Just another light vehicle that the allies have that makes OH rush tier 2 in the first 4 min to get an AT gun counter...
15 Jan 2016, 20:40 PM

It seems like a good thing if it means it is a choice between the AEC and the bofor no-skill unit.

I would honestly love to see the win ratios for higher than top 151. I suspect UKF are in much better shape in the larger scheme of things, since emplacements really do the same damage no matter what your rank/skill level is.
15 Jan 2016, 20:58 PM

Perhaps I should have been clearer. How is the anti-infantry performance of the AEC compare to the 222 scout car?
15 Jan 2016, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 20:58 PMNapalm
Perhaps I should have been clearer. How is the anti-infantry performance of the AEC compare to the 222 scout car?

Allot better than 222 at ai, still no t70..
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS