Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
18 Jan 2016, 17:41 PM

Yeah almost twice as the puma. That's significant.
18 Jan 2016, 17:45 PM

Yeah almost twice as the puma. That's significant.

Tell me what will 40 armour block compared to 25?
18 Jan 2016, 17:46 PM

A lot.
18 Jan 2016, 17:58 PM

A lot.

Examples.

Rifles are useless vs both.
Flamers are useless vs both.
Nades pen both.
All ballistic weapons pen both.
HMGs that are not HMG42 with inc rounds are equally useless vs both.

15 armor would be 'a lot' of difference, if puma had 5 armor and AEC 20.
With their current values, it makes NO difference, unless you firmly believe 2.5% is sooo much better then 4% in the amount of small arms penetrating.
18 Jan 2016, 17:59 PM

A lot.

There is no "alot" unit or cannon that exists in the game.

And for a slight note the puma is not as sluggish as the AEC and is not locked behind a dead and tech unlock,it also happens to have more firepower and be able to attack other medium tanks (also flank) unlike the AEC.

The AEC used to be more durable than the puma until it was hit with the nerf hammer.
18 Jan 2016, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 17:58 PMKatitof

Examples.

Rifles are useless vs both.
Flamers are useless vs both.
Nades pen both.
All ballistic weapons pen both.
HMGs that are not HMG42 with inc rounds are equally useless vs both.

15 armor would be 'a lot' of difference, if puma had 5 armor and AEC 20.
With their current values, it makes NO difference, unless you firmly believe 2.5% is sooo much better then 4% in the amount of small arms penetrating.

actually, 2.5% gets rounded down to 0% (everything below 3% does).
18 Jan 2016, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 21:52 PMcr4wler

actually, 2.5% gets rounded down to 0% (everything below 3% does).

And yet, small arms do pen it.
Feel free to go and test it yourself.
19 Jan 2016, 04:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 22:04 PMKatitof

Thats because certain small arms have more penetration then others. but the extra ensures its protected from the 2 AV options the ostheer has : 222 and incendiary rounds.

This unit is still op however having more AT and AI then the Stuart while costing significantly less in fuel and arrives earlier. also doesnt fit in the current ukf and the buff is simply not warranted. the ukf shouldnt have this kind of offensive tools available being a defensive faction. buffing the IS is a far better solution and vicker carriers is.
19 Jan 2016, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 04:23 AMZyllen

Thats because certain small arms have more penetration then others. but the extra ensures its protected from the 2 AV options the ostheer has : 222 and incendiary rounds.

This unit is still op however having more AT and AI then the Stuart while costing significantly less in fuel and arrives earlier. also doesnt fit in the current ukf and the buff is simply not warranted. the ukf shouldnt have this kind of offensive tools available being a defensive faction. buffing the IS is a far better solution and vicker carriers is.

Incendiary rounds still damage the AEC (especially from behind, which can kill it in the blink of an eye), and the 222 costs less than 3 times the fuel. Also, to get an AEC you have to sink about 455 MP and 65 fuel into a single unit. The Stuart costs 240 MP and 70 fuel after teching, and as shown earlier in the thread the Stuart wipes squads faster while the AEC has to whittle them down. Also, the Stuart's vehicle stun actually works.

Though I do agree that Ostheer don't have that many options against an AEC at the time it comes out. It's a timing issue. I think the AEC's stats are fine.
19 Jan 2016, 08:26 AM

HEllo.

Past the first days where people where a little bit surprised by this new brute, OST and OKW player are not impressed anymore by the AEC. A single Faust severly hamper his ability to survive and garrisoned shrecks makes a short work of the car. I find it more difficult for the UKF player to make a good use of the AEC than the german player to counter it.

Kozo.
19 Jan 2016, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 08:26 AMKozokus
HEllo.

Past the first days where people where a little bit surprised by this new brute, OST and OKW player are not impressed anymore by the AEC. A single Faust severly hamper his ability to survive and garrisoned shrecks makes a short work of the car. I find it more difficult for the UKF player to make a good use of the AEC than the german player to counter it.

Kozo.

This.
19 Jan 2016, 12:13 PM

That's IF you can Faust it. What are OKW supposed to do? They seem to laugh at raketens and shrek blobs, since they can kite all day. They can constantly backpedal while shooting and the shreks never have time to fire, and they can decrew raketens in a few shots by constantly killing the gunner. It's range and AI ability are pretty crazy, not to mention how soon it comes out.

I'm also leaning towards it being OP, since it seems most Brits I face rush for it and them start spamming them.
19 Jan 2016, 12:30 PM

That's IF you can Faust it. What are OKW supposed to do? They seem to laugh at raketens and shrek blobs, since they can kite all day. They can constantly backpedal while shooting and the shreks never have time to fire, and they can decrew raketens in a few shots by constantly killing the gunner. It's range and AI ability are pretty crazy, not to mention how soon it comes out.

I'm also leaning towards it being OP, since it seems most Brits I face rush for it and them start spamming them.

Build puma, outrange it and score free kill?

Also, from your description, I believe you are talking about the old centaur, because you're definitely NOT taking about current AEC.
19 Jan 2016, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 22:04 PMKatitof

Small arm with penetration of 1,33 and below, do not pentrate the front armor of AEC, they penetrate only AEC's rear armor....so the difference is actually huge...it the difference between frontal damage for Puma and not damage for AEC
Another inaccuracy...but who is counting...
19 Jan 2016, 14:01 PM

At least after-game statistics shows that AEC now have like 300~1800 % of effectiveness if it can survive till vet 3
19 Jan 2016, 15:31 PM

At least after-game statistics shows that AEC now have like 300~1800 % of effectiveness if it can survive till vet 3

Depends on who's the pilot. <444>_<444>
I have seen Vet3 100+ kills Penals and there are not usually well considered.
A 1000% effectivness on a single AEC only shows that the opponent was not prepared to face it. It shows its nose around the 6 minute mark usually and by that time people are used to deal with light vehicles.
However good luck finding me a SINGLE replay that shows a vet3 AEC before the patch.

Kozo.
19 Jan 2016, 15:37 PM

My AEC got vet3 lategame thanks to Treadbreaker ability. Also escaped many times with 5% of health
19 Jan 2016, 18:53 PM

"My AEC got vet3 lategame thanks to Treadbreaker ability. Also escaped many times with 5% of health"

Testing is not done by Anecdotal Evidence.

Also, the patch wasn't so long ago, and it is time Axis will start adapting.
Funny how all the adapting is been done by the allies.

Fun fact - The AEC should have the same gun as the cromwell or Pak 40.

Reference point:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_75_mm

So it should also punch through Tigers and Panthers ! :D

19 Jan 2016, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 08:46 AMKozokus
Hel..lo..

Noway! Another BRITOPNEFTWTFBBQLOL threat that pop 23 sec after a ninja patch?

Kozo.

New AEC is pretty good, but not OP, though I do believe it requires slight accuracy changes.
19 Jan 2016, 19:25 PM

Also, the patch wasn't so long ago, and it is time Axis will start adapting.
Funny how all the adapting is been done by the allies.

just as a reference point... after the OKW rework in Dec. the forum was flooded with "OPKW" threads within hours, and about a week later there was a patch nerfing OKW.

i'm not saying that at least some (if not all) of the nerfs weren't entirely justified, but there was exactly 0 adapting done by anybody after the rework before filling the forum with nerf requests.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS