Login

russian armor

Vicker

14 Jan 2016, 22:24 PM

Either buff its suppression or damage, or make it cheaper.

It costs 280 manpower with only 4 men crew and I would take 6-men maxim for 240 or better MG42 for 260 anyday.
14 Jan 2016, 22:55 PM

The only reason to get this MG is it's vet1 bonus.
14 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM

Damage is fine but a slight suppression buff would be nice as MG42 is better at suppressing and more versatile with its incendiary rounds.
14 Jan 2016, 23:42 PM

The only reason to get this MG is it's vet1 bonus.

or because you have literally nothing to choose from as Brits...
15 Jan 2016, 01:31 AM
Patrion 14

or make it cheaper.
15 Jan 2016, 02:33 AM

err... i found vicker performance justified its price.

it wins 1 v 1 shoot out with HMG42 as damage is superior (with out HMG42 skill). also it have a pretty good range. it is quite amazing in buildings

i think IS should lower the price instead of vickers
15 Jan 2016, 05:18 AM

err... i found vicker performance justified its price.

it wins 1 v 1 shoot out with HMG42 as damage is superior (with out HMG42 skill). also it have a pretty good range. it is quite amazing in buildings

i think IS should lower the price instead of vickers

vicker have better dps but worst suppression. it shouldn't be 280mp if it's going to be a trade off.
15 Jan 2016, 07:47 AM

The only problem I see at vickers atm is its low durability. It dies quite fast and this is a problem for the price you pay for it. So I'll say increase health or lower the price. No other change needed in my view.
15 Jan 2016, 08:33 AM

TBH I also have my problems against vickers. Especially in buildings I find them very strong.
Also I have the feeling that they do A LOT of damage against units in buildings too.
15 Jan 2016, 12:21 PM

TBH I also have my problems against vickers. Especially in buildings I find them very strong.
Also I have the feeling that they do A LOT of damage against units in buildings too.

One good flank and it will die like flies.
15 Jan 2016, 12:40 PM

One good flank and it will die like flies.

I think Highfive is implying that Vickers does a lot of damage vs garrisoned units. This is my impression of Vickers as well.

However, none of the stats I have seen would explain if/why Vickers would do this job better than MG42.

Note that MG42 has better DPS than Vickers in longer rangers (where MGs are less likely to receive a grenade from in return)
15 Jan 2016, 13:24 PM

I think Highfive is implying that Vickers does a lot of damage vs garrisoned units. This is my impression of Vickers as well.

However, none of the stats I have seen would explain if/why Vickers would do this job better than MG42.

Note that MG42 has better DPS than Vickers in longer rangers (where MGs are less likely to receive a grenade from in return)

Yes, that was what I was trying to say.
The stats may say so, but my experience is, that a garissoned MG42 vs a garissoned Vickers will lose 100% of the time and mostly with at least 3 men left on the Vickers.
15 Jan 2016, 13:50 PM

Yeah, whenever I see a vickers, it seems to kill on either the first burst or second, wreaks havoc on Ost. Also seems to be a near even fight when the MG42 is garrisoned but the vickers isn't. I would definitely support better suppression on it if the DPS was lowered.
15 Jan 2016, 13:59 PM

Yes, that was what I was trying to say.
The stats may say so, but my experience is, that a garissoned MG42 vs a garissoned Vickers will lose 100% of the time and mostly with at least 3 men left on the Vickers.

That is my experience almost. if the MGs have a fair fight:
- If it's over a long distance, Vickers will win with only an inch of its health (empirical evidence; not supported by stats)
- Over shorter distances, Vickers will win by a wider margin

The reason why I am mentioning a "fair fight" is that it seems to depend on which MG gets the first shot.
For instance, if you try to set up a Vickers opposite to an already-setup MG, your Vickers will lose 100% of the time.

Now, when MG42 gets its incendiary rounds, it's gg for Vickers. That's why when Vickers gets to vet1, it's situated on a trench just out-of-reach of MG42 (where it can fire with impunity).
15 Jan 2016, 14:14 PM

Be thankful you don't have to use the MG34 lol. Capturing a Vickers as OKW always makes my day when it happens. But I agree it could use a slight cost reduction to 260 MP.
15 Jan 2016, 14:27 PM
15 Jan 2016, 14:49 PM

Imo, Less suppression sometimes its a good thing, cause it do ton's of damage when infantry is not supressed or pinned
15 Jan 2016, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 14:49 PMBlalord
Imo, Less suppression sometimes its a good thing, cause it do ton's of damage when infantry is not supressed or pinned

Or your vicker is incapable of suppressing a flanking volks at the edge of your arc of fire and in so doing, he manages to throw a incindiary nade on you.
15 Jan 2016, 15:27 PM

Generally I'd prefer damage over suppression, though doctrinally for the British it is the MG that suppresses and the riflemen who kill.

I love the Vickers but would prefer a tiny bit more suppression so that it could be a more effective area denial tool rather than a heavy hitter.

A choice would be ideal, say if the Bren Carrier's upgrade provided a suppression tool and the VMG as it is now. I do know about the suppressive fire ability but it appears to do very little or nothing at range on a vehicle which can't close the distance without dying.

It currently appears to be the opposite where the Bren mounted Vickers is merely an inferior version which provides little or no suppression to the Vickers smidgeon too little.
15 Jan 2016, 17:29 PM

This gun does so much damage it often kills models before the first burst, resulting in the fire stopping and it picking up a new target. This reduces its overall suppression.

Cost should be reduced slightly or suppression increased ever so slightly to help it suppress in first burst. It is a very powerful unit and in trenches can give real fits to players who cannot get flame on the target.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 15
United Kingdom 45
unknown 7
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W