Login

russian armor

Can we discuss auto-downloading of custom items?

Should it be possible to prevent custom items from downloading?
Option Distribution Votes
92%
8%
Total votes: 25
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Jan 2016, 15:31 PM

I find that I get subscribed to unwanted custom aesthetics on a weekly basis. Even though Relic has implemented an option to disable these items from showing up during custom games, I still get subscribed to said items, and they still download automatically. I would be very grateful if Relic could add an option to disable custom items from downloading altogether, possibly by adding an option to filter out players that are using Workshop items, which further could be added to the filter function when searching for custom games.

What do you guys think?
12 Jan 2016, 15:33 PM

The option is there already.

Press "unsubscribe" on the items you've previously subscribed.
12 Jan 2016, 15:35 PM

Hello

Its actually already possible to do so. Just check the option menu , and below the graphics category should there be a "aesthetic contents" box , simply turning off will prevent any further download
from workshop except for maps.

Guderian
12 Jan 2016, 15:49 PM

@Katitof

That doesn't prevent yet another subscription when a new player with the same custom items decides to join? And even if it did, it would still mean that the items are downloaded, which is not a satisfactory solution.

@IIGuderian

That's exactly the problem, it currently does not prevent further downloads. If only it did... :)
12 Jan 2016, 15:55 PM
Coder Red Badge

This seems like a pretty major security risk to me. It's unlikely that there's a vulnerability in it, of course, but after seeing how CSGO cheats could be installed by downloading a custom map off the workshop I'd rather not be forced to download things from there without my knowledge.

That said, as long as the option to disable items also disables downloading it's probably fine. That should probably be the default though, with an option to enable it and a warning about auto-downloaded content.
12 Jan 2016, 15:56 PM

I hate when my inventory get filled with half-naked snotty anime girls.
12 Jan 2016, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 15:49 PMHavenco
@Katitof

That doesn't prevent yet another subscription when a new player with the same custom items decides to join? And even if it did, it would still mean that the items are downloaded, which is not a satisfactory solution.

@IIGuderian

That's exactly the problem, it currently does not prevent further downloads. If only it did... :)

Custom items are required to play together. If you don't want them after the match, delete them.
12 Jan 2016, 16:01 PM

Custom items are required to play together. If you don't want them after the match, delete them.

No, they don't. All I need to play together is to buy this game.
12 Jan 2016, 16:05 PM

Which is pretty much what I'm questioning. Why shouldn't there be an option to completely disable the use of custom aesthetics? As have been commented by many others before me, I'd rather not have my inventory filled with unwanted skins, especially considering this functionality wasn't even in the game to begin with.
12 Jan 2016, 17:30 PM

I randomly get downloads when I'm playing and sometimes I causes crashes. At least whenever my game does crash it starts doing small updating when I start the game up again.
nee
12 Jan 2016, 22:09 PM

Even when you select CUstom Aesthetics off, they can prevent you from starting a custom match. This happens nearly every time I host a game, someone with a custom victory strike, skin or faceplate joins and no one knows if it's due to someone's custom stuff or nor.

It seems that having Custom Aesthetics set to No still has the custom stuff used, but not seen. This isn't a problem when the game can be started by the host....but it most often doesn't, which results in average half hour waiting or telling people to remove custom stuff or be kicked, and THAT often times result in the wrong people being kicked since I do not know who are the culprits.
12 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 15:33 PMKatitof
The option is there already.

Press "unsubscribe" on the items you've previously subscribed.

There is a lot of random shit that gets piled up in the workshop subscriptions. It would only take a few minutes to unsubscribe from all of them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★