Login

russian armor

Balance Forum - What happened?

13 Jan 2016, 14:02 PM

WTF just remove OKW from COH2 and pay money back :facepalm: playercard below :facepalm::facepalm:
13 Jan 2016, 14:09 PM

I am certainly not one of those.. maybe you can explain it to me? :P

You are not that good as u think about yourself.

One of many examples: tell us on the cast that Pwerfer's been used to kill infantry on retreat when it was obviously vs AT gun(s) (3 times in a row). Shows that u have some tactical misunderstandings.
13 Jan 2016, 14:20 PM
Senior Caster Badge

One of many examples: tell us on the cast that Pwerfer's been used to kill infantry on retreat when it was obviously vs AT gun(s) (3 times in a row). Shows that u have some tactical misunderstandings.

I don't really value myself very highly to be honest mate. I just try to do the best I can with these things. I was very taken back by the troll that had happened so was very off my usual performance last night.

I can only apologise to you for being a crap caster...
13 Jan 2016, 14:30 PM
Patrion 310

You seem to have forgotten to include your top 100 player card. Failing that, gtfo and stop being an arm chair general.
13 Jan 2016, 14:41 PM

I dont know stormless, but ive played him in 2v2 at and he was quite humble about his skill.

My friend knows him from previous games and they had a score to settle. :)
13 Jan 2016, 17:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 13:51 PMJewdo
Now kids are being ''told'' how to play, watching streams, reading up on strats and stats. Like Plaguer said, not even knowing why this is or that is not viable, but still copying builds and styles. Its cooky cutter, youll win games, but your not gonna truly improve, unless ofcourse you keep playing, and trying stuff for yourself, and figureing out stuff for yourself.

That's the biggest point. A cookie cutter build works cause it's meant to be useful 80% of the time. What separates good players from great players are the ones who know how to adapt to that 20% of variance.
13 Jan 2016, 18:01 PM

13 Jan 2016, 18:30 PM

I think this is a case of omitted memory, as it's easy to remember the great things about what we used to love. I imagine there was a lot of whining back in the day about games such as Dark Crusade but either you didn't see it/look for it or you have forgotten it. It's an old game so it's perfectly understandable.

The irony is when vCoH players claim there was less whining and balance moaning back in their day and yet all they seem to spout is whining and balance moaning about CoH 2.

Just saying...
13 Jan 2016, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 18:30 PMSwift

I think this is a case of omitted memory, as it's easy to remember the great things about what we used to love. I imagine there was a lot of whining back in the day about games such as Dark Crusade but either you didn't see it/look for it or you have forgotten it. It's an old game so it's perfectly understandable.

The irony is when vCoH players claim there was less whining and balance moaning back in their day and yet all they seem to spout is whining and balance moaning about CoH 2.

Just saying...

But were you there?
13 Jan 2016, 19:37 PM

No, but I think a lot of people base opinions on nostalgia factor and it clouds their memory of it. My favourite game is the first one I played through to completion on PS2 and I love it still but if you played it now you would see straight through all it's flaws.

Games and communities weren't necessarily any better in the old days we just choose to remember them as such.
13 Jan 2016, 19:46 PM

playercard pls

Beat me to it ffs XD
13 Jan 2016, 22:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 08:43 AMEsxile
Love how people are blaming a generation and education when it has nothing to do with it.

I love the people here blaming Gen Y for being entitled without acknowledging the role of their own generation.

On the other hand, I blame a general societal shift. It doesn't have to be a generation; all the generations are going along with it to some degree--some may just be more susceptible to it than others.
13 Jan 2016, 23:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 15:38 PMJewdo

I feel lame for saying this but I do believe its the new generation. Feel free to hate me for saying this

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 15:06 PMBlalord
Its our generation.

Before, when kid had a bad grade at school, parents were upset against the kids, now they are upset against teachers

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 04:15 AMCieZ
People of this generation would rather complain about balance than admit they're wrong because (in general) they're extremely entitled.

Give me a break with the "kids these days" nonsense.

For as long as there have been video games, people have bitched about them.
14 Jan 2016, 00:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

for every 1,000,000,000,000 balance threads there's 5 state office threads

This

State Office is where discussion happens

COH2 Central and Balance are basically a soap opera so don't expect anything from them
14 Jan 2016, 00:52 AM

" for as long as video games have been around"?! Less than 40 years since Pong. :)

On the other hand chess has been around forever. So why does white always get to move first?! Buff black!
14 Jan 2016, 01:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 15:06 PMBlalord
Its our generation.

Before, when kid had a bad grade at school, parents were upset against the kids, now they are upset against teachers
^

This issue even came out in the local newspaper here like 5-6 years ago. :S
14 Jan 2016, 03:06 AM
Patrion 14

we need Strategy Desk to be more visible.
14 Jan 2016, 03:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge

No, because then it will attract all the "Colourful Forum Personalities"
14 Jan 2016, 04:04 AM

It's because people are used to and taking advantage of the fact that developers frequently apply balance changes to games where discussion of what-ifs are more possible to come to fruition. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Scrubs will be scrubs.

Fighting games like Street Fighter 4 still has the overall mentality of it's your problem not the developers because games are balanced once a year on purpose and it's 1v1 so you can't blame the jungler for not ganking. Also as someone mentioned, mirrors are possible so if you think a character is overpowered, why aren't you playing them then?
14 Jan 2016, 06:03 AM

No, because then it will attract all the "Colourful Forum Personalities"

This

This

State Office is where discussion happens

COH2 Central and Balance are basically a soap opera so don't expect anything from them

And this

+1

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 7
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %