Login

russian armor

State of the balance

12 Jan 2016, 12:49 PM

Hello guys, i've uninstalled a long time ago because of the shitty balancing of the game (i mostly play Wehr and was upset by 1v1 balance at the time). Now i'm wondering if the game has been tweaked enough for me to return.

Thanks for your input, have a nice day :)
12 Jan 2016, 13:03 PM

Hello.

Depending on your long time ago, there was an OKW revamp that changed 2-3 things and the addition of the british.

About balance, the section of the forum is full of request, but truth is i think balance has never been so good and people are quibbling about unimportant things.
Currently, the main complain is about the british faction that seems dificult to play in 1v1. It is currently unknown if it is a real balance issue and if yes, what is the main problem. People tend to point at the infantery section and argue about its lack of early solutions to ennemy vehicles and/or cost.

Welcome back.

Kozo.
12 Jan 2016, 13:05 PM

Wehr good right now if you really combine arms and use all your tools, so you should be happy.

Soviets are also pretty solid, but suffer from rigid build orders and few viable doctrine choices since T1 and 4 are lackluster and you absolutely need docs to compensate.

OKW just went through a rework that removed the resource penalties and reshuffles the Kubel and early tiers, but some kinks need to be ironed out still.

USF rifles got a solid vet 3 buff and some really strong doctrines lately. They're still strong early weak late, but they're overall not too bad.

UKF is gutted. They've got a few crutch units and abilities that keep them from being completely wrecked, but they're the worst right now.

Overall though, things are pretty good. Unless you main Brits, in which case welcome to Hell.
12 Jan 2016, 13:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to the Lobby
12 Jan 2016, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 13:03 PMKozokus
Hello.

Depending on your long time ago, there was an OKW revamp that changed 2-3 things and the addition of the british.

About balance, the section of the forum is full of request, but truth is balance has never been so good and people are quibbling about unimportant things.
Currently, the main complain is about the british faction that seems dificult to play in 1v1. It is currently unknown if it is a real balance issue and if yes, what is the main problem. People tend to point at the infantery section and argue about its lack of early solutions to ennemy vehicles and/or cost.

Welcome back.

Kozo.

Enjoying your posts while lurking for days/Weeks now. This community needs more members Like you. Keep up the good work!
Cheers
12 Jan 2016, 13:18 PM

I have seen more Vet5 Sturmtiger than compliments on this forum.
Thank you :)

Kozo.

12 Jan 2016, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 12:49 PMSlaYoU
Hello guys, i've uninstalled a long time ago because of the shitty balancing of the game (i mostly play Wehr and was upset by 1v1 balance at the time). Now i'm wondering if the game has been tweaked enough for me to return.

Thanks for your input, have a nice day :)

Well I don't think you will be pleased to much by Ostheer's performance if they are the particular reason for which you quited the game.
But in terms of balance, the game is okish right now I guess so you might give it a try.
12 Jan 2016, 14:42 PM

Ostheer is still a crap faction in 1v1 but the game if fun enough for casual play.
12 Jan 2016, 15:17 PM

All right, thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I will probably give this game a second chance if balance is not completely screwed as it was when i quitted the first time (Axis unstoppable in 2v2+, and Wehrmacht hopeless in 1v1, it was looong before UKF were released, i don't even own them).

12 Jan 2016, 15:38 PM

Things have changed quite a lot then. There was some cost changes and vehicles swap here and there. One of the major changes in OST is the role of the StuG that swaped from an unseen unit to become a ATgun on wheels that shine at sniping vehicles from afar. Some Ost Commander where modified too, like CloseAirSupport and Elite.
I suggest you to take a look at the unit guides as you may notices a few new things.

Kozo.
12 Jan 2016, 15:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You can really count on Prostruppen.
Sniper play "almost" defines OH play.
You won't get crap on by Rifle company anymore with vetted Rifles with flamers.
If you go T4, OP Werfer can save the day.
Tiger is a bit better with the extra range.
13 Jan 2016, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 13:03 PMKozokus
Hello.

About balance, the section of the forum is full of request, but truth is i think balance has never been so good and people are quibbling about unimportant things.

Welcome back.

Kozo.

You don't play British, do you.
14 Jan 2016, 07:31 AM

You don't play British, do you.

I do a lot ^^ and i love it.

I was only presenting what i felt reading the forum.
For my part i do not agree at all with what i see.
I really love British 1v1 gameplay even if it took me time to appreciate it.
It is just VERY different from what we are used to.

britsbrits

Kozo.
14 Jan 2016, 09:03 AM

If you go T4, OP Werfer can save the day.
Tiger is a bit better with the extra range.

Don't listen to him, OP. PzWerfer is not OP, it finally worth building, and it does a good job, that's all.
Tiger has its extrarange allright, somewhere between a P4 and a Panther, but it's still a Fat panzer IV and nothing more. I'm not calling it UP but it's not what it was some time ago....
Oh, and there is one more thing these guys forgot to tell you: you cannot spam heavies anymore. They are limited to just one at a time, and this added some strategic depth to the game together with making tiers more appealing which overall improved the gameplay.
14 Jan 2016, 17:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 09:03 AMJohnnyB

Don't listen to him, OP. PzWerfer is not OP, it finally worth building, and it does a good job, that's all.

Gooby plz.

Pzwerfer is as balanced as CalliOP.

PD: it's the only indirect weapon which has 100% damage modifier against garrison units so it's a guaranteed wipe :D
14 Jan 2016, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 07:31 AMKozokus

I do a lot ^^ and i love it.

I was only presenting what i felt reading the forum.
For my part i do not agree at all with what i see.
I really love British 1v1 gameplay even if it took me time to appreciate it.
It is just VERY different from what we are used to.

britsbrits

Kozo.

It's like a straight up flashback from the days of Supreme commander and vcoh, linear teching, emplacement reliance, and the snowball effect. By that I mean it begins weaker and with less viable strategies but slowly blossoms in the late game to become many things. Alas, they can only reach this point with crutch units, such as the IS, MG, and AT gun. Relic needs to change the way it's played, as we payed for this, and shouldn't expect anything less then excellence, especially coming from the faction and company that produced probably the greatest
RTS of all time.
14 Jan 2016, 21:41 PM

Balance is ok not great. 1v1 win ratios are in a decent place but there are still many specific commander matchups that are imbalanced and maps too.

Game optimization is mediocre to bad (Whereas it was straight up bad before) and RNG is a huge component to the game.

In vCOH, a volksgrenadier squad in heavy cover would always beat a rifle squad moving foward over no cover-terrain. In this game, grenadiers will lose in the same situation about half the time.

Game is just RNG bullshit a lot of times still.
15 Jan 2016, 07:16 AM

Gooby plz.

Pzwerfer is as balanced as CalliOP.

Pzwerfer is nowhere near CalliOP, and you know it.
15 Jan 2016, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 07:16 AMJohnnyB

Does pwerfer wipe team weapons easily?
Does cali do it?

Its yes and yes.

If there is infantry in the area, it dies, pwerfer and calli are on the same level of lethality.
15 Jan 2016, 16:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 07:16 AMJohnnyB

For reference i'll say the Katyusha is fairly balanced and both Katyusha and PW needs it's vet1 abilities improved.

IB4 you tell me about unit HP for which i say i agree on reducing the health on the CalliOP on top of reducing it's alpha strike by spreading out the rockets barrage on 6x4.
IB4 you tell me teching cost. This is the only thing that makes the PW not "completely broken i need a hotfix 1 week later after patch" on 1v1 and 2v2.

Against garrison: in case a rocket doesn't hit the model but the building, it applies far damage to the unit inside multiplied by it's garrison modifier.
-Katyusha needs 40 rockets to kill a model.
-CalliOP needs 27 rocket to kill a model
-PW unit needs 4 rockets to kill a model.

Damage profile:
PW: 80/40/24
C: 80/40/12
K: 80/28/8

Alpha strike on both PW and C is equal. CalliOP has the extra utility of area denial and truck destruction through the sheer amount of rockets it fires.

ATM the suppression is over the top as it only matters if you are using a 2nd PW to secure any kill.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight