Login

russian armor

... Three Gameplay Mechanics That Need To Be Changed

11 Jan 2016, 02:34 AM

First, the US vehicle crew system is a terrible idea. I think it made some sense in the context of singleplayer gameplay, but in multiplayer this mechanic really just exists to get abused. Being able to dismount from tanks or artillery pieces to free up additional pop-cap probably wasn't Relic's intention with this mechanic, but that's become its primary purpose. It also makes absolutely no sense that crews from other armies can't also get out of their vehicles to perform repairs or free up population. Long story short, this is a poorly conceived mechanic that shouldn't be in the game. If the USF needs a few buffs to their late-game units to compensate for the removal of this mechanic, so be it.

Second, we've got the OKW veterancy system, with five levels instead of the traditional three. Prior to the big OKW rebuild, this mechanic made sense because it helped compensate for the faction's reduced resource income. Now that the faction has full resource income, the extra veterancy levels don't make a lot of sense - especially since Relic has nerfed the actual bonuses they give. However, unlike the vehicle crew system, I actually like this mechanic, thing as does a good job of promoting unit conservation. So instead of getting rid of it, I think it would actually be better if the other four factions were also given access to five levels of veterancy, so long as the bonuses are well-balanced and useful.

Third, I don't think base building makes a lot of sense any longer. Relic seems to agree with me on this one, since none of their new DLC factions actually require you to build base buildings (well, OKW, sort of, but that's a bit different). All this mechanic really does is keep your engineers out of the fight for a few seconds at the at the very beginning of the match. Otherwise it serves no purpose. So, in other words, I think both the Ostheer and Soviet factions should get pre-built base buildings, just like the US and British factions. Obviously there'd have to be some small adjustments to teching and such (maybe buildings could be activated instead of being constructed?), but it wouldn't be a difficult or particularly major change.
11 Jan 2016, 02:37 AM

Nope
11 Jan 2016, 03:03 AM

Nope
11 Jan 2016, 03:03 AM

11 Jan 2016, 03:34 AM

11 Jan 2016, 04:30 AM

viehicle crew system : nope

5-star : nope

engineer-less teching : agree
11 Jan 2016, 08:52 AM

Hello.

Crew : It is so cool i cant imagine USF without. The popcap issue may be annoying but it is marginal. Non-issue.

5-Star : You can notice that OKW vehicles are costing 20% more fuel than they should. It compensate for having 5 stars. Also 4-5 stars hardly nerfed. Non-issue.

Engineer : i am a bit hesitant on this one.

Kozo.
11 Jan 2016, 09:38 AM

Crew: only thing annoying is the Pop cap abuse and should be fixed

5 star: Nothing wrong with this

Engineer: Nothing wrong with this either, having your pios/engies out of fight for 2 minutes isn't going to make a change since they're pretty much useless anyways and you can make a second squad anyways
11 Jan 2016, 09:43 AM

IMO the USF crew needs to have an animation getting in and out of the vehicles. Instead of an instant pop out, insta critical repair, instant pop right back in.
11 Jan 2016, 09:53 AM
Benefactor 392

11 Jan 2016, 10:01 AM

The only change I would apply to vehicle crews is that repair critical should either be removed or take longer. Or perhaps it should only work when tanks are >50%HP Right now anti-vehicle mines are pretty crap against USF unless they are placed very defensively where you can cover them at all times. It sucks when your enemy drives over a riegel-mine on your flank but it only slows him down for 5 seconds so you have no chance to finish it off no matter how fast you rush your tanks to its location.
11 Jan 2016, 10:05 AM
Senior Caster Badge

but in multiplayer this mechanic really just exists to get abused. Being able to dismount from tanks or artillery pieces to free up additional pop-cap probably wasn't Relic's intention with this mechanic

Relic have actually openly said that vehicle decrewing to go over pop-cap is allowed and is a USF feature, not an exploit and is allowed in tournaments.
11 Jan 2016, 10:06 AM

Relic confirmed the "abuse" you all talk about is intended. So, nope
11 Jan 2016, 10:20 AM
11 Jan 2016, 10:29 AM

There's a difference between what's allowed in tournaments and what's intended. I seriously doubt that, when they designed the USF, Relic wanted vehicle decrew to be used as a means of circumventing population restrictions.

Same logic applied when PTRS spam was great at killing infantry. Not an exploit per-say, but definitely not what Relic intended either.
11 Jan 2016, 11:12 AM

critical repair and vet 5 system should be removed
11 Jan 2016, 11:14 AM

Vet4-5 should be removed with OKW not being resource starved.
11 Jan 2016, 11:24 AM

The only change I would apply to vehicle crews is that repair critical should either be removed or take longer. Or perhaps it should only work when tanks are >50%HP Right now anti-vehicle mines are pretty crap against USF unless they are placed very defensively where you can cover them at all times. It sucks when your enemy drives over a riegel-mine on your flank but it only slows him down for 5 seconds so you have no chance to finish it off no matter how fast you rush your tanks to its location.

Just completely remove the crappy critical repair. non-doctrinal super repair like wtf!
11 Jan 2016, 11:30 AM

The most important thing ud move all Okw track in their base sector.
11 Jan 2016, 12:13 PM

IMO the USF crew needs to have an animation getting in and out of the vehicles. Instead of an instant pop out, insta critical repair, instant pop right back in.

maybe there is no animation, but once you pop out, you can´t get back in until some time has passed, not sure how long it lasts, but it exists.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Australia 4
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment