Login

russian armor

USF vs Ost Sniper situation is poor

11 Jan 2016, 19:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 17:20 PMluvnest

Oh yeah glorious OKW infantry design. Where a horde of basic (vet 5) long-ranged infantry is what you are facing with A move (+ Shrecks on volks). Jägers are no long range support, they are basically yet another infantry squad which happen to have a nice crit chance.

Snipers are fine, a high risk and high reward unit. What is not fine is the design of factions like the USF which lack a proper counter against them (apart from vehicles of course). If they remove snipers then basically OKW and USF infantry play will be much more dominant compared to the vanilla factions. And in my opinion OKW and USF (infantry) gameplay lacks depth and is quite boring.

If you make the sniper a unit that can only kill models under 75% life and adjust its cost around 300mp, it is not going to be spammable and abused.
11 Jan 2016, 19:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 19:35 PMEsxile

If you make the sniper a unit that can only kill models under 75% life and adjust its cost around 300mp, it is not going to be spammable and abused.

It's not going to be used at all.
11 Jan 2016, 21:36 PM

I wouldn't blame the unit, I would blame the faction design.
11 Jan 2016, 21:52 PM

I think there's a bigger issue hiding here--does anybody here actually enjoy playing with/against snipers?
11 Jan 2016, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 21:52 PMWygrif
I think there's a bigger issue hiding here--does anybody here actually enjoy playing with/against snipers?

I don't think it's about enjoying anything because the guy/girl on the short end of the stick will always be unhappy. I don't like bouncing shots against vehicles especially when it was the last hit to kill. Does that mean I should make all tank armor weak?

I don't like RNG mortar that kills my 100% life on my vet 3 soviet sniper... doesn't mean they need to get buffed or mortar nerfed.

I don't like panzerwerfer squadwiping and pinning my troops if they miss or KT squadwiping shots.

Snipers are fine. They require micro and can be lost easily too. They're good to bleed MP from campers or infantry spam.

I've never had a problem against a sniper with USF. If my m20 can't kill it to a good flank, they opponent will also be cautious on overextending it and getting it killed. If you sit there like a duck to get sniped all day... well, that's exactly how you shouldn't play.
11 Jan 2016, 23:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 19:35 PMEsxile

We all love RNG, how about making the Snipers RNG based?

25% chance to kill, 50% chance to half health, 25% chance to miss entirely at Vet 0?

Obviously the percentages shift as the Snipers gain veterancy. No BS ROF buffs as the unit Vets up and the OST / UKF Snipers can still have more health and armor than the 2-man Soviet team. And in the late game, at say Vet 3, 50% chance to kill, 40% chance to half health, 10% chance to miss entirely, the immortal Sniper at least won't totally dictate the pace of the game and infantry combat.
12 Jan 2016, 14:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 23:49 PMLuGer33

We all love RNG, how about making the Snipers RNG based?

ಠ_ಠ
12 Jan 2016, 15:13 PM

Every light vehicle can do the trick imo. M20 and AA-HT, or doctrinal WC51 jeep, M8, M3, M5, also there is a mortar HT.

Rifles are pretty accurate too at long range...

I think USA is still better than UKF...

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS