Login

russian armor

Remove FRP? yay or nay.

PAGES (8)down
15 Jan 2016, 22:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 18:46 PMKozokus

If you let things go in the red, you act far too late :/

Never. You where the one comparing reinforcing on the fiend and FRP. I just gave you my opinion.

There is no problem with blobbing, unless you learn the game. And OF COURSE it does give you an advantage on larger maps, you just paid through the nose to have that opportunity. it-has-a-cost. Who the hell want a FRP on Arnhem Checkpoint?

FRP is a cool feat in my opinion. Never to be seen in 1v1 and very amusing in 4v4 where team-members co-operate to create strongholds and safepoints in cityfight. My heart litteraly beat for thoses moment when i launch a 4v4.
I just dont see the point to remove/nerf/buff it. I defy you to show me 3 replay 1v1 where FRP where the wincondition of a match. It never was a problem before and it was here like forever.

Kozo.

Uhhh no. FRPs didn't exist until USF/OKW were introduced. Yes, you are right, the problem is not problematic in 1v1s because the map is small.

And now i reiterate. If FRPs have no impact on 1v1, then removing it would be of no consequence. We did not say that we would remove the reinforce option. Reinforcing has been there "forever". You can still build forward reinforce points in team games and what not to gain a strategic advantage over a location.

So continue to argue that FRPs make no difference in gameplay please. You're just supporting the argument that it has no value and is not needed. Thanks.
16 Jan 2016, 09:17 AM

Keep the FRP, just make any side that has a FRP, they have to arm their squads from the main base.

It's BS OKW can have an FRP with med, and instantaneously get arms in the field, while USF has to go all the way back. OKW can and does just apply constant pressure with the blob since they can arm anywhere and quickly get back to the fight.
27 Jan 2016, 05:53 AM
Patrion 14

•  

no need to watch the whole thing.

just watch first 10 min(?) of bottom fuel engagement.

that medic bases - so much skill, so much risk v. reward.
27 Jan 2016, 06:26 AM
27 Jan 2016, 07:14 AM

Should stay but everyone should get one.
Ost- bunker upgrade
Sov- M5 halftrack upgrade (& lockdown).
27 Jan 2016, 07:18 AM

Should stay but everyone should get one.
Ost- bunker upgrade
Sov- M5 halftrack upgrade (& lockdown).

So everyone can blob easily? :foreveralone:

Remove it already.
27 Jan 2016, 07:20 AM

BUY A FUCKING MACHINE GUN.
BUY MORE THAN ONE.
BUY LIKE THREE.
WIN.

Seriously, the counter to both forward retreat points and blobs is suppression.

27 Jan 2016, 07:31 AM

BUY A FUCKING MACHINE GUN.
BUY MORE THAN ONE.
BUY LIKE THREE.
WIN.

Seriously, the counter to both forward retreat points and blobs is suppression.

You have never played a team game against two okw I see. Again Suppression is not worth shit if they can nade and run back 5 feet, then come back and do it again. You really need to understand this point. Only blobers vote to keep forward retreat point. Only blobers. And this argument you bring shows your mentality.
27 Jan 2016, 07:32 AM

So everyone can blob easily? :foreveralone:

Remove it already.

I am with him. The game was better before FRP.

27 Jan 2016, 07:49 AM

Oh yes, remove FRP and gives HT-reinforcement to every factions. Can't wait for RifleLMG blob can reinforce on the battlefield are too OP.

People just do not evaluate the risk from their wishes.

I'm not particularly against removing FRP but how many of you are actually using HT efficiently and see their true power associated with a blob?

This and OKW and USF doesn't have access to mortar and HMG early on, so how will those faction be able to hold the line while 1/3 of their army is at base reinforcing?
27 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM

Remove FRP, remove shrecks on Volks, and we're golden :)
27 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM

You have never played a team game against two okw I see. Again Suppression is not worth shit if they can nade and run back 5 feet, then come back and do it again.

If you have enough suppression, they can't even get into nade range.

Seriously, build like 3 maxims and attack move when you see someone blobbing.
27 Jan 2016, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 07:49 AMEsxile
Oh yes, remove FRP and gives HT-reinforcement to every factions. Can't wait for RifleLMG blob can reinforce on the battlefield are too OP.

People just do not evaluate the risk from their wishes.

I'm not particularly against removing FRP but how many of you are actually using HT efficiently and see their true power associated with a blob?

This and OKW and USF doesn't have access to mortar and HMG early on, so how will those faction be able to hold the line while 1/3 of their army is at base reinforcing?

But rifle lmg blob can already reinforce on the field, huh?
27 Jan 2016, 08:15 AM

They wont run'n'nade if you have screen troops at the front of your mgs
27 Jan 2016, 08:40 AM

But rifle lmg blob can already reinforce on the field, huh?

On your territory, now imagine it anywhere.
27 Jan 2016, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 08:40 AMEsxile

On your territory, now imagine it anywhere.

What about quad from mobile support?
27 Jan 2016, 08:52 AM

What about quad from mobile support?

Dunno, I don't own it. What about? But the M3 from mechanized is nice but too squishy and damn too expensive, I tried several time to hard push with it but requires too much babysitting.
27 Jan 2016, 09:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge

maybe im crazy but the way i see it they should give all faction forward retreat points or remove them entirely. The latter of which i don't think will ever happen. the biggest problme i find is that not all factions have them which espeically on larger maps put them at disadvantage. though if all had it youd probably have to blance when they get forward retreat point.
27 Jan 2016, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 09:17 AMGhostTX
Keep the FRP, just make any side that has a FRP, they have to arm their squads from the main base.

It's BS OKW can have an FRP with med, and instantaneously get arms in the field, while USF has to go all the way back. OKW can and does just apply constant pressure with the blob since they can arm anywhere and quickly get back to the fight.

+1

In other thoughts because of soviet and ost early access to mgs and mortars I feel like they don't need the FRP as much as they have tools to hold the line. Also USF really has to wait until major is unlocked anyway to have a actual retreat something I have always though gives okw the benefit on constant pressure because theirs comes so much earlier than others as well as not having to go back to base. UKF possibly can get theirs at the same time and can equip weapons at it but because of the way they are designed I feel its almost impossible to blob with them and they just do not having the offensive push.

either way I feel like the FRP's can be used against the enemy as much as they can be use full with a well timed call in or rocket arty, however the way the rocket arty is now it can really punish soviet and ost for going heavy support weapon builds.

I don't know most the time with USF I feel I have no options late game but to blob because that is what the enemy is going to do and 1 rifle squad simply does not beat 2 volk squads or 1 gren squad with lmg imo or what have you and the .50 cal comes out too late as well as USF has no mortar to counter indirect fire so .50cal is not going to be around very long with incediary grenades and rifle nades on top of that why build it when I can just build another rifle squad that will probably last most the game.

Moral of the story I don't think FRP is the issue, I think its shreks on volks (take shreks away implement the 4 man tank buster squad that will have bad AI) and give USF a different starting option (non-doct mortar where .50cal is now and move .50cal to tier 0 or vice versa.
27 Jan 2016, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 09:17 AMGhostTX

They also made volks able to upgrade in enemy territory for some bizarre reason....
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 59
unknown 4
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %