Login

russian armor

T70 needs IMMEDIATE NERF

PAGES (11)down
11 Jul 2013, 01:53 AM

Of course, I know this. Do you really think that I haven't played this game? I'm asking you the suppression formula regarding suppression number, burst duration, rate of fire, and possibly more factors.

How the hell would I know that? I am not a dev
11 Jul 2013, 02:14 AM

I love how every thread, T-70 included becomes an argument about maxims -_-
11 Jul 2013, 02:18 AM

How the hell would I know that? I am not a dev

I thought you know at least an approximate formula because you mentioned rate of fire. How can you call someone complete moron despite that you don't even know how suppression works?
11 Jul 2013, 02:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 02:14 AMhubewa

Only where mjsegaline is concerned. Also it's due to him spamming the exact same post into multiple threads.
11 Jul 2013, 02:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 02:14 AMhubewa

Mostly because that guy mjsegaline wont just let it go.
11 Jul 2013, 02:39 AM

Hmmmm i use the t-70 alot i have to say its defenently not invincable or win all unit. First it take 130 fuel just to build the t3 thats if you built t1 then t3, if you use fuel on m3,at nades or petrol bombs it will take even longer to get. when you finually get it out its only good for a stort time frame until the german player rolls out a p4. A good soviet player will full advantage of that stort time frame tho. Also if im rushing to get the t70 im paying more attention to fuel, which leave me open to being capped out. I also find that the t70 rush only works on noobs as they dont asually try to cut of fuel point and apply a lot of pressure in the early game, i find the t70 usually does not work with vet player as the always applying pressure and by time you have enough fuel its to get one its early mid game and your better of getting t34 or you made the mistake of building the t3 and should of built the t4.i dont see the big deal as pgrens rip it a new asshole if they get close enough and if the t70 gets engine damage its pritty much donefore as it cant make a quick getaway,
I find the best counter is defently combined arm (grens, pgrens and paks) and micro, dont forget that soviets have the problems with p4s, if i dont have combined arm of inf and at your screwed!

I do agree tho the is accuracy does need to be nerf abit as its like a sniper on tracks when up close with 1 shot 1 unit kills which get even better with vet.
12 Jul 2013, 00:42 AM

So let me get this straight, you think the t70 (tier 3)is op because you cannot counter it with tier 1/2(not even true)?
12 Jul 2013, 04:39 AM

Permanently Banned
T70s infantry damage is too good.

Reduce it in exchange for some penetration, to improve viability as support vs the invariable PIV, since Ost has no light tank option that the T70 would be sufficient vs, as the rosters currently stand.
12 Jul 2013, 12:39 PM

It would be awesome if they added a PZIII into the game as a counter to the T-70. It would be great if it was a glass canon of sorts, decent against armor (can defeat T-70 1v1, but cannot penetrate frontal armor of T-74), bad against infantry, and priced near the T-70.
12 Jul 2013, 17:24 PM

The problem isnt the t70, the problem is that its variable counter (the pak) completely sucks. I have predicated t70 games and had a counter rdy a minute or so before a t70 came out. Problem is the pak misses more than it should and gets destroyed.. then the t70 can run a muck and it takes some real difficult play to get that btch off the field, thats not before you lose a good portion of the map.
12 Jul 2013, 17:32 PM

I learned a lot from this thread, but I wish I could reclaim the time I spent reading all the flame posts. Go back to the CoH official forums and curse at each other there please.
16 Jul 2013, 13:27 PM

I think the t70 causes problems because it kills german T2 counters to it. And don't say "T70 is T3" because tiering in ostheer works linear while in Soviets you can build T3 long before germans can think about their T3.

Soviets also start with more fuel than germans.

The T70 can kite pgrens(more range than schrek) and paks miss them all the time cos of their speed. They also rape infantry trying to retreat.

T70 has 3-5min of total map dominance before german T3 comes out, and can even prevent German T3 if they push them off the fuel points.

All that is asked is that the soft counters(pak/faust/schrek) can actually kill a T70 in the hands of a skilled player.

Teller is not a good counter on large maps like moscow outskirts, apart from the fact that they are expensive.

TL;DR Just make T70 range equal that of schreks and/or increase received accuracy when Pak/schrek fires at it while moving and/or make it slightly slower and/or reduce dmg vs retreating infantry.
16 Jul 2013, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2013, 13:27 PMMauser

TL;DR Just make T70 range equal that of schreks and/or increase received accuracy when Pak/schrek fires at it while moving and/or make it slightly slower and/or reduce dmg vs retreating infantry.

Yes please. Just improve the Pak a little, that's all I ask. Is that to much to ask ::Tears::
16 Jul 2013, 18:22 PM

I've seen team games with T70 spam and they just rip through everything, especially weapons teams nearly instantly. These little tanks are too good and need a look at. I think a fuel cost increase would not be amiss (along with the pak fix)
23 Jul 2013, 10:32 AM

You go own the companyofheroes/forums people are bitching, you come onto these forums, people are bitching. The T70 does NOT one shot squads, are you people even serious when you write, or you just stupid? Shreks wreck the T70 in 2 volleys, Panzer IV's wreck the T70, Pak wreck the T70, Flakpanzer wreck the T70, stugs wreck the T70 shit any T3 unit will destroy it. ALSO the turret upgrade on the scout car is VERY effective vs it (try it and see for yourself.) Hell, grenadiers with there grenades will it least slow it down, and a slow T70 is a dead one. I expect a more serious discussion from these forums, and this was just a joke. The T70 is fine, the game is new and people don't know what OP is because people haven't learned the game enough.

Totally agree. It seems, most of these threads are created by those who cant just accept being outplayed and that's all.
23 Jul 2013, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2013, 18:22 PMakula
I've seen team games with T70 spam and they just rip through everything, especially weapons teams nearly instantly. These little tanks are too good and need a look at. I think a fuel cost increase would not be amiss (along with the pak fix)

In the same manner i could say all the german tanks are OP cuz they tear everything apart from SU-85s, given they're well microed.
24 Jul 2013, 00:30 AM

In the same manner i could say all the german tanks are OP cuz they tear everything apart from SU-85s, given they're well microed.

yeah but you don't see 6 panthers in a game because of the cost. the T70 is too good for its cost.
24 Jul 2013, 05:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2013, 00:30 AMakula

yeah but you don't see 6 panthers in a game because of the cost. the T70 is too good for its cost.

and why is that? T-70s are very easily handled by grens' panzerfausts and, as it have already been mentioned, wihtout their speed they're totally useless. Though they can get really nasty if u dont have those grens with p-fausts, focusing on spamming mgs, but that would be ur problem, wouldnt it? And, as again has been stated above, that fancy armored car with autocannon upgrade can be efficiently used against t-70. See, many ways of countering. imho the situation with countering german tanks is far more important at this stage.
24 Jul 2013, 06:04 AM

and why is that? T-70s are very easily handled by grens' panzerfausts and, as it have already been mentioned, wihtout their speed they're totally useless. Though they can get really nasty if u dont have those grens with p-fausts, focusing on spamming mgs, but that would be ur problem, wouldnt it? And, as again has been stated above, that fancy armored car with autocannon upgrade can be efficiently used against t-70. See, many ways of countering. imho the situation with countering german tanks is far more important at this stage.

It has speed, range and accuracy beyond any AT solution at that point in the game. Its not insanely OP, but it is extremely efficient for its price of 66 fuel.

It will outrange the faust AND the shrek. It will enemy soldiers in 2 hits. Even when it misses, it has a small chance to hit and/or damage the enemy. Its a great unit.
24 Jul 2013, 08:16 AM

It has speed, range and accuracy beyond any AT solution at that point in the game. Its not insanely OP, but it is extremely efficient for its price of 66 fuel.

It will outrange the faust AND the shrek. It will enemy soldiers in 2 hits. Even when it misses, it has a small chance to hit and/or damage the enemy. Its a great unit.

U r totally right saying it is a great unit. but let's be honest, even with effective micro, it can rule over the map for 3-5 minutes before it is countered, however, it not only delays the construction of heavier tanks, but also almost likely negates the use of SUs due to high amount of fuel required to build both buildings and actually start the production, giving u some solid advantage later on, cuz we all know t-34s, to say the least, are not quite good at countering german armor. In this case, we get the opposite situation with one difference: it wont last for only 5 minutes, but for the whole lategame.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
Germany 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak