Login

russian armor

Has USF become a pay-to-win faction vs OKW?

7 Jan 2016, 10:06 AM

The question is serious, every time I watch on divers channels a USF/OKW balanced match-up USF player always end up to select one of the two new commander and 50/50 manage to win the game.
On the other side, I barely see any USF player winning any game vs OKW without one of those commander.

I don't own any of them, and I don't plan to buy them. And I include myself on what I describe above, I barely win any game vs OKW. I'm on constant losing streak (you can check my playercard), with some wins from time to time, sometime vs Ostheer 50/50 chance, sometime vs OKW when the skill gap is highly on my favor or the player made continuous big mistakes.
To conclude this little mylife, i was ranked around 200 with USF and now around 700. I had no intention to enter top100, clearly aware I'll never get the skill to do so, or never have the time to up skill that much (not anymore a student since long time now).

The feeling I have, on the many games I played, vs OKW:

1- Early game, You are on the backfoot, an OKW player who rush you and you'll be late in resource while he caps his side of the map without any problem.
2- Mid game, you have nothing to take the upper hand, everything you have , OKW has it better and faster and if not has easy access to counter
3- Late game, is where the pay-to-win consideration goes in: Many games, I manage to fight till late game to only be raped by tanks + final shreck blob. No pershing to sponge damage and go toes to toes with panthers/KT, no Calliope to pushing his blob = lose on the long run.

I had a game where I have been rushed early to my cutoff while he caps 1/2 of the map. I'm talking about 2 minutes not being able to cap anything and to use my entire force (1RE + 2 RM) to get his sturm in cover to retreat. He use that time to cap and occupying all the strategic houses with MGs. I came from this situation to myself overwhelming him, I had more than 3/4 of the map (3 vic points), killed 2-3 (including 1 Ober and 1 Falls) of his squad while he only killed my initial RE squad. I couldn't push farther thanks to his PanzerHQ close to his cutoff/fuel point.
And late game the super KT comes and the shreck blob take place. With the KT, he simple manage to two shots any of my squad at range, no skill just usual KT basic shot, one shot kill half of the squad, you hit retreat button, the second shot kill the other half retreating. I had 2 M36 I managed to save from the blob and kill his rushing panther but as you know, without squad screen, M36 are simply garbage. And building new rifles vet0 vs a blob of volks/Obers/Falls vet 3 minimum doesn't make any sense late game.

Here like in many games I had lately, I'm like: I needed a pershing or I needed a Calliope to fight one or the other, the KT or the blob". I have tried different vanilla commanders and there is nothing in them I find relevant to close the match mid or late game (since early game is all OKW advantage). If he doesn't do any big mistake. The game goes to late game and you are fucked up.
7 Jan 2016, 10:12 AM

It have more to do with USF inability to deal with increased range KT and OKW blobs, which only indirect fire can counter and that is where calliope comes in.

That being said, armor company sees 2nd wind now with M10 spam which counters armor and might do some nice crushes, so at the end, it comes down to the better player with OKW having great advantage late game unless you spam M10s or calliopes.
7 Jan 2016, 10:37 AM

No. The Stuart+Captain jack meta is all you need.
7 Jan 2016, 10:43 AM

and how should you spam M10 properly with püppchen & schreck spam? you need a big map to flank aswell..

"And building new rifles vet0 vs a blob of volks/Obers/Falls vet 3 minimum doesn't make any sense late game."
allies in a nutshell. but keeping allied units alive is very important in every way, especially the jacksons. but its not that easy, if RNG strikes or you simply forget about 1 single squad or a fragile tank simply gets oneshotted.
but im not playing 1v1, so i cant judge that properly
7 Jan 2016, 10:47 AM

use mechanized

/thread
7 Jan 2016, 10:52 AM

M10 and Calliope are the only tools that Relic has not nerfed to death yet, any other choice of commander will often result in loss of the game, or silly attempts to troll the opponent.
7 Jan 2016, 10:58 AM

Calliope is indeed pay2win.
Calliope able to one shot Axis artillery but Axis can never shoot back (to kill) is quite stupid.

Pershing sounds fine to me.
7 Jan 2016, 11:03 AM

Calliope able to one shot Axis artillery but Axis can never shoot back (to kill) is quite stupid.

Pershing sounds fine to me.

calliope is fine too. #l2Adapt ?
7 Jan 2016, 11:06 AM

It is pretty simple to solve vs Wermacht.

Decreas health to 54 for Sniper.

Remove extended vision from Pios and Scopes.

Give to USF Faust, Teller and PAK.

Give Axis USF AT gun. Remove teller.

U will see a lot of shermans and other mediums.

PS OKW should be removed from the game. Designer has to be burned
7 Jan 2016, 11:17 AM

It have more to do with USF inability to deal with increased range KT and OKW blobs, which only indirect fire can counter and that is where calliope comes in.

That being said, armor company sees 2nd wind now with M10 spam which counters armor and might do some nice crushes, so at the end, it comes down to the better player with OKW having great advantage late game unless you spam M10s or calliopes.

Not really, I have been a big user of Armor commander since months now and M10 has been nerfed as well = +1CP and 10 fuel increase.
The Armor commander efficiency has decrease with the OKW resource buff, it is simply mathematics:
You need 2 M10s to counter 1 OKW P4 or P5. Before the buff, you barely see more than one of those together in a game. Now OKW can field really fast 2 P4 or 1 P4 and 1 P5, if he is not stupid he will simply stale a bit with them. You finally finish not having enough firepower on your M10s to counter them, and when he lost one, he'll replace it with a KT.
7 Jan 2016, 11:33 AM

Like katy vs stuka? I guess that means OKW is pay to win in the first place.

7 Jan 2016, 11:33 AM

Calli in 1v1 is overrated as fuck. I would even argue that infantry company is the superior doctrine.
7 Jan 2016, 11:36 AM

There are many "for sale" commanders that are better then the "normal" ones. Especially for USF, UKF and WEHR (then OKW and SU).
So you could say that the game is a little P2W. There are people who don't acknowledge that, but just look at the load outs from top players at the tournaments.2 of the 3 commanders are the ones you can buy.
7 Jan 2016, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 11:17 AMEsxile

Not really, I have been a big user of Armor commander since months now and M10 has been nerfed as well = +1CP and 10 fuel increase.
The Armor commander efficiency has decrease with the OKW resource buff, it is simply mathematics:
You need 2 M10s to counter 1 OKW P4 or P5. Before the buff, you barely see more than one of those together in a game. Now OKW can field really fast 2 P4 or 1 P4 and 1 P5, if he is not stupid he will simply stale a bit with them. You finally finish not having enough firepower on your M10s to counter them, and when he lost one, he'll replace it with a KT.

P4 had a price increase as well which you dont mention. not surprisingly, looking at your playercard.

my suggestion is you abuse the hell out of the OKW-OPness as you describe (and with that i mean playing more than your 3 OKW 1v1 games) and when you cracked top 100 which should be a walk in the park with OKW according to you, you post again

7 Jan 2016, 11:58 AM

Like katy vs stuka? I guess that means OKW is pay to win in the first place.

I didn't recall Stuka mounted on a Panzer IV.
7 Jan 2016, 11:59 AM

All new commanders in every faction is pay to win since they haven't been hit by the nerf batton yet. That said I think the hetzer for okw came out weaker since it just missed the flame weapon happy time so got hit by that global nerf before it was released. But thats just conjecture on my part since I didn't buy that commander :P
7 Jan 2016, 12:04 PM

I didn't recall Stuka mounted on a Panzer IV.

Compared to katy it does feel like it.
7 Jan 2016, 12:04 PM

All new commanders in every faction is pay to win since they haven't been hit by the nerf batton yet. That said I think the hetzer for okw came out weaker since it just missed the flame weapon happy time so got hit by that global nerf before it was released. But thats just conjecture on my part since I didn't buy that commander :P

LOL that Hetzer one is a joke, I rather it is a regular Hetzer.
7 Jan 2016, 12:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 10:47 AMBurmie
use mechanized

/thread

^^^ What he said.

in 5 minutes OKW are pushed back to base, building a Racketenwerfer. No forward HQ either.

Then convert the WC51's to fuel + manpower for captain + stuart and watch them suffer!
7 Jan 2016, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 12:19 PMSpin

^^^ What he said.

in 5 minutes OKW are pushed back to base, building a Racketenwerfer. No forward HQ either.

Then convert the WC51's to fuel + manpower for captain + stuart and watch them suffer!

That Jeep is shitty, dude.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS