Login

russian armor

grenadiers

2 Jan 2016, 02:31 AM

a 5 men grenadier adjusted for dps would just be volks grenadier with a lmg upgrade.

2 Jan 2016, 04:58 AM

Realistically this wont happen, but id like to see it,

4 man squads just don't seem to fit well regardless of the good damage they do, squads shouldn't be getting 1 shot and it happens more often than it should to grens, where as a volk, rifle or con would of lived with a man to spare the squad.

Also it kinda hurts the "realism" if that's what you want to call it, it doesn't seem like a real army, they just seem like mini terminator squads as mainline inf, I'd like to see small man high dps squads reserved for elite infantry.
2 Jan 2016, 07:05 AM

Four man squads in general have trouble staying alive on the front lines. Every squad I can think of I ever have trouble keeping alive/vetting are four man squads. The most complained about units for being flimsy are all four man squads, except for the (rare/non-existent) ones about Penal Battalions (wrry can't they get long range back or dp-28s...)

Rear Eschelon are/were the only real exception to this rule, but seemingly only because they earned a fifth man.

Ostheer feels the effects of this the most with all their squads being 4 man, save for Ostruppen and Assault Grens (lol).

I quite frankly think that Grenadiers should in fact be, or be able to become 5 man squads. I also think that this welcomes an invitation to tweak allied infantry to compensate.

But more than anything the ah, 'wipeability' of 4 man squads is something that is more important to look at. CoH1 managed to get away with 2 and 3 man squads without such results, I wonder how much of it has to do with truesight putting so many units out of position in comparison to actually get wiped so often.
2 Jan 2016, 07:15 AM

maybe its time to add in increased health to gren thru vet, rather than recieved accuracy.

this will help them with aoe weapons, models dont die to 1 shots from aoe weapons yet still share the same effective hp as recieved accuracy.
2 Jan 2016, 07:30 AM

reinforce to 25 at least.
2 Jan 2016, 07:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2016, 07:15 AMwongtp
maybe its time to add in increased health to gren thru vet, rather than recieved accuracy.

this will help them with aoe weapons, models dont die to 1 shots from aoe weapons yet still share the same effective hp as recieved accuracy.

I'd doubt that'd be easy to get working smoothly, all small arms are balanced around their targets usually being 80 health. There'd probably be many edge cases where certain small arms suffer against that health increase significantly more.

For example, let's put the 23% received accuracy bonus for Grens directly into health and each model goes from 80 health to 99 (98.4 rounded up) health. Any small arms that do 16 damage per hit (such as Conscripts' Mosins) go from being able to kill Grens in 5 shots to 7 shots, effectively increasing the amount of hits needed for the weapon to kill Grens by 40%. For another example, small arms that do 5 damage per hit (such as Paratroopers' Thompsons) go from being able to kill Grens in 16 shots to 20 shots, effectively increasing the amount of hits needed for the weapon to kill Grens by a much smaller 25%.
2 Jan 2016, 08:36 AM

there will be no issue to small arms only explosive weapons will be affected.

instead rec acc to modify their effective hp, it is now a proper hp buff instead. so instead of 80 plus 23% rec acc, its 99hp. so explosvie weapons wont outright kill models, only injure them.

this might thought be too much of a buff however. they can always do a split of 3% increased hp and 20% recieved accuracy.
2 Jan 2016, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2016, 08:36 AMwongtp
there will be no issue to small arms only explosive weapons will be affected.

[...]

What about snipers?
2 Jan 2016, 08:53 AM
Developer Relic Badge

What about snipers?

Snipers kill based on a crit, not on damage which is why they do absolutely nothing, no matter how long you shoot as very soft vehicles.

2 Jan 2016, 11:12 AM

There is no problem with the squad size. The Tank grenades are f*cked up. Those are like mini nukes with epic AOE. Probably nobody cares because its UKF and its legally OP.
2 Jan 2016, 11:34 AM

Grens are cool atm.
3 Jan 2016, 03:37 AM
3 Jan 2016, 12:38 PM

the wehr feel like the faction time forgotten.

At least conscript lack weapon upgrade to justify their terminator vet, but the USF rifleman with lmg is going to take your grenadier apart in late game.

Although most of my wehr game usually end with the allies' choice of light vehicle up my rear.

As great as the pak40 is at busting tanks it's really clumsy against light vehicle. You're completely on the defensive at around t2 as soon as the stuart/t70 hit the field. The 4 men size of the wher also make them extermely vulnerable to light tanks.
3 Jan 2016, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2016, 11:12 AMRiCE
There is no problem with the squad size. The Tank grenades are f*cked up. Those are like mini nukes with epic AOE. Probably nobody cares because its UKF and its legally OP.

Thought this was a necro'd thread when I read this comment.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★