Login

russian armor

Special Rifle command (Soviet)

31 Dec 2015, 07:50 AM

All the units here are ridiculous.

1.Penals
Have 0 accuracy, cost almost as much as riflemen but miss all the time and have the same health as conscripts. ''An effective anti-infantry squad'' what a joke. Needs serious accuracy buffs and a moderate health buff. Right now 90% useless.

2.Sniper
Can be 1-shotted by a german mortar. Really? Also has less health than 1 man german sniper.

3.M3A1 Scout car
My biggest complaint. Costs FIFTEEN fuel but has less armor than a kubel. I mean come on, assault grens can pierce its ''armor'' and a sturmpio squad can kill it hands down.
31 Dec 2015, 07:56 AM

1.Penals
Have 0 accuracy, cost almost as much as riflemen but miss all the time and have the same health as conscripts. ''An effective anti-infantry squad'' what a joke. Needs serious accuracy buffs and a moderate health buff. Right now 90% useless.

2.Sniper
Can be 1-shotted by a german mortar. Really? Also has less health than 1 man german sniper.

3.M3A1 Scout car
My biggest complaint. Costs FIFTEEN fuel but has less armor than a kubel. I mean come on, assault grens can pierce its ''armor'' and a sturmpio squad can kill it hands down.

Didn't realize this was such a pressing issue among the best players. Oooooooohhhhh waaaaaaiiiit a minute.
31 Dec 2015, 08:37 AM

Penals should be better at max range. Cons are the shield, penals the spear (ideally)

Sniper is fine IMO, its assymetric. The second man sucks vs artillery, but damn is he useful in a sniper duel.

M3 I'm a little unsure on since its capabilities depend heavily on the squad inside it. More powerful Penals would likely be a bigger boon to the M3 then an actual buff would be.
31 Dec 2015, 09:11 AM

M3 I'm a little unsure on since its capabilities depend heavily on the squad inside it. More powerful Penals would likely be a bigger boon to the M3 then an actual buff would be.

It needs a serious armor buff. It's more flimsy than the kubel
31 Dec 2015, 09:23 AM

Soviet T1 is decent, but your better off going T2 almost every time-T1 is really only worth it for killing Sniper, or if you have your heart set on clowncar. (I guess T1 + T2 into shock rifle call in or Lend Lease, but you could make a case for T3 to be built and T70s to run amok.)

Penals could use a straight stat buff in their rifles along with a price buff, I'm think 10 damage per shot for 300 MP.

Sniper squad could use very slight love too.
31 Dec 2015, 10:05 AM

M3a1 is in a good spot, snipers are decent...but the penals. They are good for nothing, they should be AI squad not meatshields
31 Dec 2015, 10:06 AM

Soviet snipers are underused since sprint removal which was abusive already. How things would be if relic would just mirror ostheer sniper?

Penal sachel bugged, relic gonna fix. Maybe penals should get better vet like cons and rifles now and buff their svts.

M3 is bad. Buff its armor so small arms couldnt pierce it all the time. Or make it scale better. At least 222 and kubel can detect units, maybe give m3 something like that?
31 Dec 2015, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 10:06 AMl4hti
Soviet snipers are underused since sprint removal which was abusive already. How things would be if relic would just mirror ostheer sniper?

This is fun, because ost sniper does have access to sprint, doctrinal, but still :sibHyena:

Sov sniper is equally durable, except it bleeds mp and can be one shotted by stuff that ost sniper just shrugs off.
31 Dec 2015, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 10:11 AMKatitof

This is fun, because ost sniper does have access to sprint, doctrinal, but still :sibHyena:

Sov sniper is equally durable, except it bleeds mp and can be one shotted by stuff that ost sniper just shrugs off.

soviets still have worse camo afaik
31 Dec 2015, 13:16 PM

1.Penals

Actually some of you data are incorrect...

Penals accuracy is only low far. Their close accuracy is pretty close to Riflemen. Their squad DPS is actually better than riflemen at close. The are cheaper to buy than riflemen, cheaper to reinforce, and have more HP and more effective HP...(they seriously luck utility compared to riflemen)

Compared to conscripts the have the same "health" but they have more effective HP, so they are more resilient than conscripts.

Having that, said I am not arguing that they are a great unit simply that I am not sure you have identified the problem with them correctly. Imo their problem is that they come with a tech cost and luck utility.
They are supposed to be specialized unit with a kit (flamer and satchel)that help them against bunkers and garrison.
But on the other hand conscripts can also be very effective against garrison while maintaining more utility with the molotovs and mortars and zis can deal with bunkers if one chose to t2 over t1.
31 Dec 2015, 13:36 PM

+1 Soviet T1 really needs an overhaul
31 Dec 2015, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 13:36 PMF1sh
+1 Soviet T1 really needs an overhaul

+1
31 Dec 2015, 14:51 PM

Penals, relic pls, penals, reliccc

31 Dec 2015, 17:51 PM

Something new needs to be done to the Special Rifle Command. SNipers are useful, but the scout car aint that special. Penals are okay imo, but there are better options like Shocks and Guards
31 Dec 2015, 18:12 PM

i think penals needs to be fixed.
satchel is bugged and they don't do enough damage
snipers just need to be able to survive a mortar shot like OST sniper so you don't get a vet 3 sniper RNG squad wipe
m3 is alright. if you use it right, you can put guards in and flank halftracks, stukas, panzerwerfer
31 Dec 2015, 18:44 PM

Match M3 with Kubel stats and we're good
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight