Login

russian armor

British mortar pit tweak

29 Dec 2015, 16:14 PM

I find the mortar pit very accurate and it can't be so easy countered when it's ability to fire faster and vet 3 are achieved.The mortar pit will every time kill at least 1 model of axis fragile low squad no matter veterancy and you can't go 2 mortars vs 1 mortar pit because you will be outranged and decrewed before even making mortar pit to brace.I consider reduce it's auto fire accuracy and maybe range..i don't know but i'm tired of taking me 6 seconds minimum to decrew a vicker hmg with axis mortar vs 2 shot on mortar pit vs mg42
29 Dec 2015, 16:17 PM

MHT still hardcounters it.
Single shrecked PG rip it apart so hard its not funny.

Countering mortar pit with mortars is like countering jagdtiger with SU-85s.

Plus you're greatly exaggerating mortar pit effectiveness.
29 Dec 2015, 16:28 PM

British mortar pit is fine. What you are experiencing is just observer bias.
29 Dec 2015, 16:37 PM

Then rng hates me..too bad mortar ht it's doctrinal and you don't have every time clear way for pz grens with shreks.I rather attack with at gun the mortar pit than with pz grens with shreks..Just play city 17,Essen Stellworks and you will know the struggle.Flame car still do few damage vs infantry,not to mention you need to expose the low armor flame car for some time and if the mortar it's braced you either lose flame car and him his mortar pit or he will destroy me with mortar pit range and dps
29 Dec 2015, 16:52 PM

Looking at your playercard you play multiplayer mainly, right? Let the OKW player build a medical truck in a forward position. Depending on the amount of british mortar pits let him buils 2-3 LEIGs. Place them near medical truck, shell the mortar pits from there repositioning and healing your own support weapons when necessary.
29 Dec 2015, 16:57 PM

Leig have greater range than ostheer mortars.I don't place medic trucks near frontline as before.As okw it's a bit easier to counter mortar pit because you have flame grenade.volks don't die so fast as grens,they have shreks,AT in house.leig 18 have nice range etc.
29 Dec 2015, 17:11 PM

Trying to counter a mortar pit with mortars? :hansWUT:
You gotta distract the defenders and then smash it with flamethrowers and grenades. Not even brace will save you against a flamethrower HT. That's how the enemy usually deals with me in mid game when i build it.
29 Dec 2015, 17:19 PM

Nerf it too !

29 Dec 2015, 17:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Mortar pit is well balanced.
29 Dec 2015, 17:49 PM

build a 222 :D
29 Dec 2015, 18:08 PM

don't counter the mortar pit with mortars. It takes way too long, especially if the mortar unit is braced. Best bet as Ostheer, is to get the mortar halftrack. Use the flame round ability to deal massive damage to the mortar pit. As OKW, the Leig can bombard it from long-range, forcing the pit to constantly brace. Volksgrenadier flame nades are also extremely powerful tools. The Walking Stuka does a lot of damage as well, but only use it if there is nothing better to shoot at.
29 Dec 2015, 18:15 PM

... you got flame engineers. you can build a fast flamer track that will demolish infantry and the mortar pit.
AT early is not easy for UKF. if they want to hold off your infantry advance, they have to invest in MG/IS/Sniper. if they also drop 400 on a mortar... where's the MP for piat unlock or 320 mp AT gun? they don't have enough for both and all. if they build AT, you can push through with infantry. if they spam infantry, they have no vehicle counter and the flamer 221 will rip emplacements and infantry to shreds. l2p issue.
29 Dec 2015, 19:49 PM

they are fine, especially when supported.
Phy
29 Dec 2015, 20:01 PM

British mortar pit is fine. What you are experiencing is just observer bias.

lol
29 Dec 2015, 23:42 PM

Trouble is, your suggestions of flame nading etc, do not take into account the realistic context of this nonsensical pit of doom. More often than not there is a bofor set up protecting the mortar pit. Good luck throwing flame grenades now.
29 Dec 2015, 23:50 PM

brit mortar is useless
cant move anywhere
rekt by ostheer mortars, isgs, flamers, nades... everything

Just remove it from game and give us a mobile mortar team.

Or give us vcoh super brit mortar with supercharged rounds MVGame
or give us alpha mortar with heavy rounds MVGame

Im not sure, do diffrent mortar rounds drop as bulletins?
29 Dec 2015, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 23:50 PMl4hti
brit mortar is useless
cant move anywhere
rekt by ostheer mortars, isgs, flamers, nades... everything

Just remove it from game and give us a mobile mortar team.

Or give us vcoh super brit mortar with supercharged rounds MVGame
or give us alpha mortar with heavy rounds MVGame

Im not sure, do diffrent mortar rounds drop as bulletins?

ostheer mortar it's out ranged,out dps even with just 1/2 british mortar firing at vet 0.Put mortar pit behind building(so pak can't shoot it)and watch how you reap 2 ostheer mortars.Beware of mortar ht,flame ht,and ieig..at that moment just brace.If you put 1 and bofors to cover it it's pretty much gg(if you turtle on fuel)
30 Dec 2015, 00:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 23:42 PMRappy
Trouble is, your suggestions of flame nading etc, do not take into account the realistic context of this nonsensical pit of doom. More often than not there is a bofor set up protecting the mortar pit. Good luck throwing flame grenades now.

Then cap the rest of the map and take it out later. Get a few fuel cashes to speed up your tech. If he is dumping that much resources into a static defense, he is not going to be able to punish you for it.
30 Dec 2015, 00:03 AM

Then cap the rest of the map and take it out later. Get a few fuel cashes to speed up your tech. If he is dumping that much resources into a static defense, he is not going to be able to punish you for it.

In 4vs4 you can't do that.They will have 2-3 IS that destroy grens.At vet 3 the mortar pit have an insange range coupled with it's ability to fire faster..he he,watch your mg,at guns die in 4 seconds
30 Dec 2015, 00:34 AM

In 4vs4 you can't do that.They will have 2-3 IS that destroy grens.At vet 3 the mortar pit have an insange range coupled with it's ability to fire faster..he he,watch your mg,at guns die in 4 seconds

Then support your teammates and push his side so you outnumber them there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★