Login

russian armor

Poll: Should OKW Volks have their shrecks removed/modified?

Should OKW Volks be equipped with panzershrecks?
Option Distribution Votes
25%
29%
33%
12%
2%
Total votes: 199
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Dec 2015, 09:36 AM

There's already been a lot of talk here about the issue of volks with shrecks: http://www.coh2.org/topic/46371/enough-is-enough-fix-the-volks

But, I wanted to do a poll to quickly survey how the CoHmmunity feels as a whole. Maybe Relic can look at these figures and possibly make some changes... ?

That's if you feel any changes are necessary.
29 Dec 2015, 09:48 AM

I think they should get something high damage, shorter range. Something like a H3 AT weapon... mind you that'd be hard countered by the tank moving so a good old fashioned AT grenade like the ones that the Pzrfusiliers use would be fine.
No more fausts though, even if they're the same I'm tired of seeing that weapon when alternatives exist.
29 Dec 2015, 10:32 AM

I'm all for removing them from Volks (give them PzFaust).

But what to do with schrecks?

Give 2x PzSchreck upgrade to Obers. Such upgrade could give them ability to place AT mines in place of blender.
This would make Obers as an elite AT or elite AI. No more schrecks blob as a main AT.

Of course such solution needs a small rework of Obers.
Lower cost (350-380), no more vet 4 suppression, higer price for STGs and LMGs.
29 Dec 2015, 10:35 AM

IMO a shrek long accuracy nerf would be enough
29 Dec 2015, 10:46 AM

Whatever happened to the idea of just putting a 2x shreck upgrade on sturmpios and calling it a day? They'd essentially mirror pgrens and the timing could be tied to tech to avoid super early shrecks.
29 Dec 2015, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 10:46 AMCabreza
Whatever happened to the idea of just putting a 2x shreck upgrade on sturmpios and calling it a day? They'd essentially mirror pgrens and the timing could be tied to tech to avoid super early shrecks.

Too much utility for them.

Sweeping, planting mines, wiring, schrecks, repairing etc.
29 Dec 2015, 11:03 AM

Surely the sweeping and shreck upgrade could be mutually exclusive the same way the flamer and sweeper upgrades are for pios and engies. You're also talking about giving Obers the ability to lay AT mines as part of their upgrade so mine laying shouldn't be an issue. That just leaves building and repairing and that can be solved simply by removing those abilities upon purchase of the upgrade. Either sturms are an engie unit with decent AI or they're a pure AT unit.
29 Dec 2015, 11:08 AM

Rifles damage nerf.
29 Dec 2015, 11:43 AM
Patrion 14

How anyone got a problem with shrecks is beyond me. I would fear volks with faust + cloaked raketten far more then this AI downgrade.

And thank god that volks don't have an AI upgrade, OKW tanks are pretty strong and besides, OKW got the most elite infantry out there to compensate.

People crying about volk blobs should just l2combine arms and move in 1 force and retreat solo squads faster so you don't bleed alot.

I'm rank 1 with USF and imo allies are stronger then axis in 2s and I dare say 3s and 4s. Go combined arms > rush tech > choose a counter doc > axis.

If you play it well, Axis will be playing catch up all day long.
29 Dec 2015, 11:47 AM

To follow up, I see two primary impediments to Obers with 2x shrecks being useful.

1.) At 400 mp obers are too expensive to be used as a dedicated AT platform. Pgrens already struggle to be relevant as an at option at 340mp so the price of obers would have to be substantially decreased for anyone to consider a shreck upgrade on them. This in turn causes a bit of a ripple effect where obers then need to be tuned so that their performance now matches the new mp cost.

2.) Obers are in the schwer and as a result don't arrive until mid-late game (there is a reason everyone uses call-in infantry instead of obers) but shrecks are most needed early-mid game in order to guard AT guns and keep light/medium vehicles at bay. By mid-late game there is enough elite infantry, arty, and/or heavy armor that a 4 man AT squad just isn't going to be able to remain on the battlefield long enough to do it's job in most situations. To hit the right timing obers would have to be pushed into one of the earlier trucks and re-balanced for an earlier arrival.

I believe obers could work as an AT option but it would take substantially more changes than just tossing shrecks on sturms to make that happen. That said obers do need some adjustments if we're ever to see them regularly chosen over call-in infantry so perhaps that can be part of it.
29 Dec 2015, 12:34 PM

The sapper are just as busy if not more.
29 Dec 2015, 12:51 PM

Yeah but I think it's high time that OKW players were forced to choose what functionality a unit must have.

Besides, most OKW players don't bother sweeping/planting mines or wiring these days anyway. They don't even have to build any defenses.

I giving the sturmpios shreks would be the way to go.
29 Dec 2015, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 11:43 AMLooney
How anyone got a problem with shrecks is beyond me. I would fear volks with faust + cloaked raketten far more then this AI downgrade.

And thank god that volks don't have an AI upgrade, OKW tanks are pretty strong and besides, OKW got the most elite infantry out there to compensate.

People crying about volk blobs should just l2combine arms and move in 1 force and retreat solo squads faster so you don't bleed alot.

I'm rank 1 with USF and imo allies are stronger then axis in 2s and I dare say 3s and 4s. Go combined arms > rush tech > choose a counter doc > axis.

maxim spam cheese über alles :D OKW can't do shit vs maxim + M5
29 Dec 2015, 13:50 PM

Keep , racketens suck. USF gets 2 zooks free with their first tier upgrade and on me ability to further blob and nobody complains lmao, l2p issue.
29 Dec 2015, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 11:43 AMLooney

Disagree, Axis scale better in 3s and 4s. Squadwiping panzerwerfer/stuka late game. If Axis holds one area early game to build schwerer HQ, that area is effectively locked down for quite a period and would require indirect fire to dislodge.

In 1s and 2s, I think it's a lot more equal but for bigger team games, it's a lot easier to win as Axis... just my humble opinion with hundreds and thousands of games played in all factions for team games.
29 Dec 2015, 14:53 PM
Donator 11

Pls dont copy-paste fausts into them, its stupid and lazy design that limits number of viable strategies, flattening the game. If someone wants fausts he can always play wehrmacht, right?
29 Dec 2015, 14:53 PM

maxim spam cheese über alles :D OKW can't do shit vs maxim + M5

I wouldn't call it cheese now that cons are completely vet fodder(more durable at vet3, but still melt to anything upgraded) and T1 is dead.

Seems more like only valid option.
Plus, since inc nades are in even maxims aren't that safe bet.
29 Dec 2015, 16:38 PM

I think there is a minor problem with the poll at least:

option b: remove shreks from volks give OKW an AT alternative

option c: remove shreks from voks give them a panzerfaust instead

Option c is part of option b to be exact, because beeing an AT snare the panzerfaust is an AT alternative. Maybe option b was meant another way, maybe an AT option in the shape of a new unit?
29 Dec 2015, 16:45 PM

Remove shreck (maybe add it to Sturmpios), add panzerfaust and some sort of AI weapon upgrade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 639
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak