Login

russian armor

B-4

25 Dec 2015, 20:17 PM

I guess it's time to stop pretend that this unit is useful.

It's complelty useless. The scatter is so huge, it makes it impossible to aim at anything.
Just pray to RNG God and maybe you will hit something.

This unit needs different approach.
I figured out few ways.

1. Make it similar to Pak 43 with vet ability to shot like a howie. Slower rotation, slower reload, shoot through terrain, low AoE 240 damage, vet 1 ability like current barrage.

2. Keep it like now but make scatter smaller by 30% with veterancy about making it even smaller so vet 3 can barrage is not precision strike, but give you 40-60% chance to hit in the middle.

3. Lower damage, lower AoE and make it smiliar to ML-20, I mean, 3 shells, each 320 damage, keep the scatter.

4. Any other ideas?
Cat
25 Dec 2015, 20:20 PM

It's fine as is. It's an RNG cannon. You hit your target once, you vet the B4 up and it becomes pretty darn accurate. Those are just my 2 cents.
25 Dec 2015, 20:24 PM
Patrion 14

yea it needs a rework. it should not be a RNG wipe machine. nothing should be a wipe machine and nothing should be as RNG dependent as B4.

it needs a rework, not a small stat change. like the idea of 1.

like a pak43 but with vet ability like JT/Brumbear - arty barrage.
25 Dec 2015, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 20:20 PMCat
It's fine as is. It's an RNG cannon. You hit your target once, you vet the B4 up and it becomes pretty darn accurate. Those are just my 2 cents.

your cents are worthless
25 Dec 2015, 20:49 PM

i like option 1
25 Dec 2015, 21:03 PM

First of all it needs a fix for the animations. They are not working properly at all.

I prefer the second option. At least it has to hit inside the current scatter reticle. Then increase just a bit the damage against armour. And reduce damage against infantry.
25 Dec 2015, 21:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Increase accuracy, reduce AoE, add suppression.

I mean hey, we'd all shit ourselves and hug the ground if that blew up anywhere near us.
25 Dec 2015, 21:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Meh, add suppression. Reduce cost to 500 mp (other howitzers to 500mp as well). Make direct fire shot a little better. Then its fine. Its mere presence is psychological warfare. One good shot is all it takes to end the game.

Don't turn it into something its not. And dont make it broken OP either. Even though is RNG, its still a free railway blast anywhere on the map.

For 500 mp it would be pretty good asset to have.

Being able to consistently blow the ever living shit out of anything anywhere with precision sounds retarded, and turning it into an anti-tank gun sounds extra retarded.

Artillery is so not fun to fight as its skilless. But if it must have a use, this would be my suggestion.

This game needs to reward unit positioning and combined arms above all else, and reduce one shot wipes without much counterplay. I'd sure hate for coh2 to turn into turtle artillery wars like coh1.
25 Dec 2015, 21:41 PM

The games I built and it was useful are far more than the games it was useless. Maybe it's not the artillery piece you need.
25 Dec 2015, 22:18 PM

I think staic artillery needs to be more resilient to one click counters, among other things.

There is very little point to building artillery as the allies (not simply because the B-4 is a terrible units at present, like the KV1 lol) because it is countered so easily by the 50kg stuka strike with such certainty.

But at least the 50kg bomb isn't in the same doctrine as a recon ability...that would be crazy XD
25 Dec 2015, 22:22 PM
Senior Editor Badge

There are a few things in coh2 that are broken: instant wiping machines (AVRE, Sturmtiger, B4) and things that are instant click-wipes (divebomb). Divebomb is stupid because it counters field artillery. Does it still have the insanely huge AoE against infantry?
Anyway, B4 acting like a traditional artillery to some degree is a good idea. a 3 round barrage with long reload would be a good idea to make it balanced. Doing something with Stuka divebomb would be great, i.e removing it completely.
25 Dec 2015, 22:24 PM

There are a few things in coh2 that are broken: instant wiping machines (AVRE, Sturmtiger, B4) and things that are instant click-wipes (divebomb). Divebomb is stupid because it counters field artillery. Does it still have the insanely huge AoE against infantry?
Anyway, B4 acting like a traditional artillery to some degree is a good idea. a 3 round barrage with long reload would be a good idea to make it balanced. Doing something with Stuka divebomb would be great, i.e removing it completely.

I don't think they reverted the ninja buff for the 50kg, which gave it double AOE unless I am mistaken.
25 Dec 2015, 22:28 PM

Permanently Banned
B4 need rework, hit somthing with this unit so luck. This unit now imo are the worth example of RNG.
25 Dec 2015, 22:38 PM

Heavy suppression in the scatter area would do a lot I guess
25 Dec 2015, 22:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

No more adding suppression to indirect fire please. I'd say a decrease in manpower cost would be the best, same for all howitzers as they are all trash at the moment. That way it isn't as devastating when they get destroyed.
25 Dec 2015, 23:00 PM

i had this idea about the B-4.

infanry sqauds once the B-4 is build can drop a flare(like UKF sections)

these flares will not callin a B-4 barrage BUT make the B-4 fire accurately where you drop the flare(to hammer specific targets to do a counter attack)

these way we give it the accuracy it needs BUT with counterplay.
26 Dec 2015, 01:28 AM
Patrion 28

i had this idea about the B-4.

infanry sqauds once the B-4 is build can drop a flare(like UKF sections)

these flares will not callin a B-4 barrage BUT make the B-4 fire accurately where you drop the flare(to hammer specific targets to do a counter attack)

these way we give it the accuracy it needs BUT with counterplay.

that's actually a good idea. the problem with the brit base artillery is that it's hard to get into range against things it's actually usable against. the b4 also has HUGE scatter on the standard shot (about a screen if you're aiming at the center) but it was way to strong with precision shot for obvious reasons.
26 Dec 2015, 02:48 AM
Patrion 310

I find B4 @ Vet 2 with recon or sight is generally pretty accurate and can do huge amounts of damage. Without either of those 2 its a huge bag of rng, made worse in team games if they axis team has an easy counter to it, wiping out vet.

It probably does need some adjustment but not too much, else people will just go back to always building them and 1 shotting lots of stuff.
26 Dec 2015, 04:25 AM
Donator 11

Needs a reduce scatter, Its in a pretty mediocre commander (kv1 is pretty shite besides armor), and its ez to counter (stuka,pwerf, walking, ext.

A good idea would be to buff its overall stats but adding a 1 unit limit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★