Login

russian armor

Help me understand the weaknesses of OKW

24 Dec 2015, 22:03 PM

I just played my first game ever of them and won despite not putting any real effort in. I already thought the faction seemed strong from playing against it, but playing it - especially after you actually know what you're doing unlike your first game with it - gave me a new perspective.

Specifically, how can you lose with Pfusiliers + Raketens + Stukas assuming you didn't completely collapse before you got to 2CP? you've got camouflaged AT guns that need no separate teching. You've got AT snares for free on your Pfusiliers. And then you have the squad wipe of Stukas. Possibly place a few mines to safeguard against light vehicle suicide runs on your Stukas and then just use the Pfusilier flare to light up approaches and bomb away the enemy. I haven't tried this combo yet (I used Leigs instead of Stukas) but I can imagine it being solid.

The only thing I can see giving it problems is unrelenting Maxim spam into Katyushas asap and maybe a well managed USF who knows what you're up to. In both cases they need to win the early game or it's over. Or if you put your Stukas next to a building against someone who had Partisan tank hunters I guess...
24 Dec 2015, 23:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

okay stopping this before it gets started lets stay on topic PLZ! :P as amusing as this was. ;)
24 Dec 2015, 23:37 PM
Donator 11

Even though the strategy you call OP was always possible OKW had major economy disadvantages before last patch. In these patch all of them were removed so yeah, now you are right we have a faction that doesnt have a single weakness. Abuse it or brace yourself and wait for next patch, thats all what can be done.
24 Dec 2015, 23:58 PM

No nondoc hmg and no sniper
25 Dec 2015, 01:02 AM

Permanently Banned
They are weak to mgs, snipers, and artillery. They are also weak to guards, and aggressive infantry play before obers.
25 Dec 2015, 01:12 AM

They are weak in hands of Axis fanboys. Otherwise they don't have any real weaknesses.
25 Dec 2015, 01:37 AM

They are not weak against mgs, Volks have fire nades (1 fire nade can kill a maxim because of game mechanic) and later they have stuka zu fuss to counter support weapons.
25 Dec 2015, 01:53 AM

Really? You played one game and you drew a conclusion you thought everyone should hear about?
25 Dec 2015, 02:12 AM

Permanently Banned
If all worthless units were made useful, then it would be so much easier to find out what is truly OP.

Hate playing this game where only 60% of units or abilities are worth it.
25 Dec 2015, 03:01 AM

I just played my first game ever of them and

pls close this thread
25 Dec 2015, 03:10 AM
Patrion 15

pls close this thread

+1
25 Dec 2015, 03:18 AM

To those saying there are no weaknesses and that mgs dont work. You clearly are talking of a unsupported mg. an mg in the back of an dancing inf attack will defeat the okw inf in combat. Leigs help turn the tide but you can push aggresive early before that gets out, and its not always guaranteed to turn the tide.

MGs, mgs, mgs, arty, arty ,arty. Will work on them, especially in team games.

flank, flank, flank! Especially exploit this in team games. OKW early on AI with INF is shit w/o doc. UKF and USF match ups can exploit this lack of Ai power if coordinated correctly.

You can literally wreck them enough early-mid game and make the game lost before late game hits. As for late game..arty behind a good def line works wonders. This OKW is invincible myth needs to go.

Mistakes to not make.... going heavy on armor use vs okw. Keeping your weapon teams static if go heavy on a build of them. As okw player, if you only make a few weapons teams and move them around..im not gonig to waste the fuel on a stuka. If you go heavy use and keep them generally in the same spot..I'll make a stuka.
25 Dec 2015, 04:03 AM

OKW early in right hands>USF.

But OKW has no solution for Maxim spam/guards/into T70, so they're balanced.
25 Dec 2015, 04:26 AM

yes in a 1v1 situation okw>usf. In team games which most people are talking about. They can be outright over run. I do hate guards into t-70.
25 Dec 2015, 04:57 AM

Literally what I do every game!:D
25 Dec 2015, 07:15 AM

I just played my first game ever of them and won despite not putting any real effort in. I already thought the faction seemed strong from playing against it, but playing it - especially after you actually know what you're doing unlike your first game with it - gave me a new perspective.

Specifically, how can you lose with Pfusiliers + Raketens + Stukas assuming you didn't completely collapse before you got to 2CP? you've got camouflaged AT guns that need no separate teching. You've got AT snares for free on your Pfusiliers. And then you have the squad wipe of Stukas. Possibly place a few mines to safeguard against light vehicle suicide runs on your Stukas and then just use the Pfusilier flare to light up approaches and bomb away the enemy. I haven't tried this combo yet (I used Leigs instead of Stukas) but I can imagine it being solid.

The only thing I can see giving it problems is unrelenting Maxim spam into Katyushas asap and maybe a well managed USF who knows what you're up to. In both cases they need to win the early game or it's over. Or if you put your Stukas next to a building against someone who had Partisan tank hunters I guess...

assuming you're still on placement matches, play another 9 games and show us your rank
25 Dec 2015, 08:39 AM

Lact of hmg , building control (no flametrower) , no sniper , bad AT gun , no snare.

God light and late vehicles , good free defences , good mines, reliable main line infantry , good doctrines that can cover weaknesses , 5vet
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★