Login

russian armor

ESL Call for Casters

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
25 Dec 2015, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 12:40 PMFanatic
Since i don´t own Twitter i can´t take part. Good luck everyone. I guess they want a english speaking caster anyway.
twitter's free you know
25 Dec 2015, 18:55 PM
Patrion 14

I wouldn't use it even if somebody paid me for doing so. From my perspective Twitter is superfluous. There is zero need to handle this event via Twitter. If Relic decides that they want to do it anyway so be it.
25 Dec 2015, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 18:55 PMFanatic
I wouldn't use it even if somebody paid me for doing so. From my perspective Twitter is superfluous. There is zero need to handle this event via Twitter. If Relic decides that they want to do it anyway so be it.
They want people to apply on twitter because they probably also want people with a social media presence. It's not superfluous to require their casters to also be human beings rather than unsociable shut-ins.

ImperialDane has an especially successful twitter account and it hasn't been superfluous for him.
25 Dec 2015, 21:00 PM
Coder Red Badge

KREBS OR RIOT
26 Dec 2015, 08:23 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 21:00 PMInverse
KREBS OR RIOT

Tommy and fatal
26 Dec 2015, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 16:42 PMA_E

Addressing the negative points casting is actually a pleasurable hobby for me I don't want a penny for it, and see casting high level tournament play as a great honour. I approach it as a for-fun performance that I personally get a lot out of! If Relic use that for marketing purposes that's great! I love this game series and want to see more people a part of it. If that makes me a shill or whatever, so be it.

Theres a difference between saying "renovate my porch for free" and adding "...and the winnee gets to renovate my dusty, moldy, wet, crumbling, spider and rodent infested basement as well, totally free of charge!!!!"

I doubt that not offering a prize at all would have caused more than a slight grumbling at worst. Trying to offer advertisement as a reward though is rightfully frowned upon.
26 Dec 2015, 10:28 AM

Tommy and fatal

hmmmm why tommy and fatal left the stage???? hard to answer...?
26 Dec 2015, 10:45 AM
Patrion 14

They want people to apply on twitter because they probably also want people with a social media presence.

Facebook does the job for me.

It's not superfluous to require their casters to also be human beings rather than unsociable shut-ins.

So everyone who doesn't own a Twitter account is a "unsociable shut-in" according to you. Sad to read this.
26 Dec 2015, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 12:40 PMFanatic
Since i don´t own Twitter i can´t take part. Good luck everyone. I guess they want a english speaking caster anyway.

hey man,

I am a big fan of your youtube coh2 channel! there haven't been many casts recently though :( hope you get into ist soon again :) keep up the good work! and don't be so hard on yourself. not everything has to be perfect ;)
26 Dec 2015, 11:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 10:28 AMnekron

CoH2 was unfinished back then, it lacked the depth of the original, Tommy and Fatal decided to leave the game because it wasn't interesting to play or cast anymore.
26 Dec 2015, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 11:00 AMSpanky

CoH2 was unfinished back then, it lacked the depth of the original, Tommy and Fatal decided to leave the game because it wasn't interesting to play or cast anymore.

and now it is more interesting to watch the games?
26 Dec 2015, 12:44 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 10:28 AMnekron

coz relic gave no support
26 Dec 2015, 12:46 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 11:00 AMSpanky

weren't they also pissed coz Relic offered them no support? i watched the last tourney they organized and shit. But you know better than me
A_E
26 Dec 2015, 12:48 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 10:21 AMcr4wler

Theres a difference between saying "renovate my porch for free" and adding "...and the winnee gets to renovate my dusty, moldy, wet, crumbling, spider and rodent infested basement as well, totally free of charge!!!!"

I doubt that not offering a prize at all would have caused more than a slight grumbling at worst. Trying to offer advertisement as a reward though is rightfully frowned upon.

Yeah actually, I can see where you're coming from there!
26 Dec 2015, 13:09 PM

coz relic gave no support

nearly correct tommy spend many time for balancing the game and help so much he could.
he told me it was horrible to work with relic together...
26 Dec 2015, 16:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 10:45 AMFanatic

Facebook does the job for me.

So everyone who doesn't own a Twitter account is a "unsociable shut-in" according to you. Sad to read this.
well you're sure as shit not doing a good job of proving me wrong
26 Dec 2015, 17:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

weren't they also pissed coz Relic offered them no support? i watched the last tourney they organized and shit. But you know better than me

I don't exactly recall what was going thru their heads, but CoH2 was a disappointment for most of us coming from CoH, that said, many players just refused to continue due to poor sequel.
26 Dec 2015, 17:10 PM
Donator 11

ESL owns their logos and can do what they wish with them.

Welcome to the big leagues. Nothing is free, everything is bought.

I hope romeo comes out of retirement.
26 Dec 2015, 17:14 PM

well you're sure as shit not doing a good job of proving me wrong

lol plexy, he has acquired a bigger viewerbase than pretty much all english casters by doing exclusively german videos. I doubt that this would have been possible if he was an unsociable "shut-in".
26 Dec 2015, 17:48 PM

Brother Dusty and I may sign up for this MingLee.

Can we use previous casts?

maybe MingLee can join too

Inshallah

Id actually be 100% down for this.

But, 20 bucks on there being a clause that states any officially involved casters can't play in the actual tournament. If thats the case, then I can't say that would work.

I mean fuck it, lets be honest guys, just because someone has the official support of ESL for casting, doesn't mean everyone else won't cast. They just get first dibs.

Edit:

And is there actually a twitter requirement? Fucking christ, its one thing that you need a damn LinkedIn to stay "relevant" in the job market, now I've got to sign up for more social media I don't really care for?
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS