Login

russian armor

Vehicle pathing worse than pre-patch

22 Dec 2015, 23:20 PM

I cannot be the only one who thinks vehicle pathing has degraded with the new patch.

Medium armour seems to be the worst affected.

Personally, I've seen my panther spin in circles when trying to reserve, or instead of moving front first, it will turn around and go rear first.

I just spec'd cruzzi playing as Brits, his comets were acting ridiculous, I felt for the guy.

This feels like a step backwards, I know pathing wasn't flawless pre-patch but this new pathing is hindering gameplay (fun) far more.

I believe there is only so much Relic can do, I guess they use Havok navmesh and I am not sure how much they can improve on it.

Thoughts?

22 Dec 2015, 23:28 PM

Just revoke the change.
23 Dec 2015, 00:13 AM
Donator 33

Im having fun as Allies since Enemy Panthers keep reversing to my AT guns and giving me free kills!

Briging the old system back would be great since this is a nightmare for people who use Armored vehicles when you need to quickly flank the enemy position and the tanks start attaking on reverse or start spinning in place, ruining the whole flank
23 Dec 2015, 00:21 AM

Change should be reverted.

It looked good on paper but in reality tanks now often attack driving backwards.

I had Swan Lake spectacle when I tried to micro my Bren Carrier on ice.
23 Dec 2015, 00:49 AM
Donator 33

Change should be reverted.

It looked good on paper but in reality tanks now often attack driving backwards.

I had Swan Lake spectacle when I tried to micro my Bren Carrier on ice.

Like this? :snfBarton:

23 Dec 2015, 01:34 AM

And as soon as they revert it, you'll all go back complaining that "My tank died because it wouldn't stop turning and drive!"

Pick your poison, I guess.
23 Dec 2015, 01:47 AM

And as soon as they revert it, you'll all go back complaining that "My tank died because it wouldn't stop turning and drive!"

still prefer the previous loop de loop to this assward thing tho
23 Dec 2015, 08:14 AM

Honestly, I don't think I had that big of an issue pre-patch.

Maybe it was a little more micro intense since you had to issue several reverse commands to get the unit a certain distance but 'usually' the units behaviour was consistent.

23 Dec 2015, 08:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If the no-turn-reverse distance was reduced to, say, 25m instead of 50m, that would still allow players to click behind their tank and have it reverse (good for kiting), while the longer moves would have the tank turn around (so you don't have tanks reversing into battle).
23 Dec 2015, 08:37 AM

please put it back to how it was
23 Dec 2015, 09:10 AM

Permanently Banned
annoying when you go ass first all the time now.
23 Dec 2015, 09:28 AM

Please revert Relic!
23 Dec 2015, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2015, 23:28 PMSwift
Just revoke the change.

+1

Mosty affected is kubel. Sometimes i think it it triing some tricks.

Or maybe Luvnest opened OKW kubelwagon driwing school.

Who knows ?

23 Dec 2015, 10:14 AM

It sounded interesting when they announced it. But it's too inconsistent and now I have to babysit my tank even for short distances.

Pre-patch I never had to check if the front armour of my tanks is facing forward or facing the wrong direction... now i have to do that every time.. And sometimes they just want to spin and spin...

Pls revoke the change Relic. Why did they even release a broken feature? Didn't they test it befor releasing it?
23 Dec 2015, 10:55 AM

The realy only change needed is to reduce the area behind the tanks, say a 45 degre cone instead of whatever is now, that defines what's behind the tank.

(on a phone atm, sorry for any typos)
23 Dec 2015, 11:20 AM

If the hotkey for reverse using classic keys was moved from 'U' to something more accessible like 'R' (as it is for grid keys) then there would be no need to click behind the tank. Move abilities that use 'R' like T34's ram and T70's recon to 'E'. Problem solved.

23 Dec 2015, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 11:20 AMRedDog
If the hotkey for reverse using classic keys was moved from 'U' to something more accessible like 'R' (as it is for grid keys) then there would be no need to click behind the tank. Move abilities that use 'R' like T34's ram and T70's recon to 'E'. Problem solved.

Or how about we put different button for every faction like smoke is for instance? That would be great
23 Dec 2015, 12:27 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I think this is more an issue of hotkeys. Since Relic doesnt give you the ability to change them yourself, sometimes using these keys is a lot of work so people tend to use just mouseclicking. What i do is i spam Q (i changed it from U to Q with hardware driver) and it usually does what i want.
24 Dec 2015, 22:11 PM

Just revert relic!
24 Dec 2015, 22:25 PM

You now sometimes have to manually check that tanks go into battle forwards so they're not reversing into the enemy...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★