Login

russian armor

Flak Emplacements...

Would you like to see these changes applied to the flak emplacement?
Option Distribution Votes
86%
14%
Total votes: 101
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Dec 2015, 22:09 PM

I feel like the Okw's flak emplacements have absolutely 0 use in this game. I understand that they're AA, but that's also a very specific role. They're supposed to act as both AA & AI. Their AA performance is semi-decent, but their AI is awful. I'll give you the Flak Emplacement "Experience" if you haven't had it already:

Build flak emplacement that costs MP and Fuel.
Infantry comes near it.
Flak shoots at ground, which is surprisingly not effective.
Flak derps and gets de-crewed.
The infantry man the flak, and use it against you.
Rage Quit. :hansGG:

Now that you've gone through the Flak Emplacement "Experience" I'd like to ask of two fixes to the flak:

1. Make it so it can't be de-crewed, or it can only be de-crewed at EXTREMELY low health.
2. Change the flak so it doesn't fire at the ground as often. Please. I beg of you. Help. :(

Now if you don't mind, I'll be hosting the funeral of the OKW Flak Emplacement :guyokay:, unless relic can resurrect it from the dead, like Lazarus.
22 Dec 2015, 22:33 PM

as long as it's AA effectiveness isn't applied to base flak emplacements.

remember the days when allies stopped using scouts and supply call in because they all got auto-shot down by OKW base flaks... free AA lol
22 Dec 2015, 22:43 PM

remember the days when allies stopped using scouts and supply call in because they all got auto-shot down by OKW base flaks... free AA lol

It would be nice if allied supply planes were less fragile, or at least strong enough to not be instantly shot down.
22 Dec 2015, 23:00 PM

The doctrinal Flak and the base Flaks are considered different units, so any changes made to the buildable version won't have any effect on the base version.
22 Dec 2015, 23:16 PM

yes, like all the other bugs that happen by accident. overpowered partisans, 5 pop cap volks, etc.
23 Dec 2015, 01:25 AM

It needs a bigger crew, maybe 4 men like the mg. Now it have only 2, so if 1 die it get de-crewed.
23 Dec 2015, 01:37 AM
Patrion 14

Make it undecrewable (like Brit emplacment), and have the same weapon as the 251/17 flackht. Cost increased to 30 fuel.

This way, it would be like a bunker +, with better damage, light at, but at the cost of fuel and similar durability. It could then cover flanks, but be destroyed quickly if it is unsupported.
23 Dec 2015, 01:43 AM

Make it undecrewable (like Brit emplacment), and have the same weapon as the 251/17 flackht. Cost increased to 30 fuel.

This way, it would be like a bunker +, with better damage, light at, but at the cost of fuel and similar durability. It could then cover flanks, but be destroyed quickly if it is unsupported.

+1
23 Dec 2015, 05:49 AM

Now all we need is Relic's attention. I'm pretty sure that won't happen so i guess this change will be lost in time like the rest of the changes we suggest... :(
23 Dec 2015, 09:40 AM

I was asking for this from a loooong time now.

- Give them an extra model
- Increase their health

Or

- Make them more effective against infantry at least.

Something to make them worth building.
23 Dec 2015, 22:49 PM

23 Dec 2015, 23:20 PM

I think turning it into a Quadgun bunker would be the right direction to go. Keep it around the price it is now, give it a min-range of 5 and a max range of 40, call it a day.

-No de-crew
-250mp/15fu/3cap
-480 Health

They're cheap enough that you can make a couple and not feel like you've been completely shafted but expensive enough to keep you from building one at every choke just because you can.

The OKW have enough AT options floating around that they aren't hurting to have the flak chase off m20's but another suppression platform is certainly welcome. A
23 Dec 2015, 23:54 PM

its not like okw need it anyway, but yeah it's pretty useless
26 Dec 2015, 02:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 23:54 PMIGOR
its not like okw need it anyway, but yeah it's pretty useless

Honestly, does the OKW need any commander? It may not be a game changer, but at least it would change something that is worthless, into something that is worth building to some extent.
26 Dec 2015, 03:24 AM

By the way, I have a message to any users that look at this thread:
Please do not forget to vote your opinion.
26 Dec 2015, 03:49 AM

i have nothing against a buff to it ...
27 Dec 2015, 02:08 AM

Bump so relic can see.
27 Dec 2015, 02:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 03:49 AMIGOR
i have nothing against a buff to it ...

By the way, sorry if I sounded like I was saying you were against it.
27 Dec 2015, 08:02 AM
Patrion 28

the flak emplacement is in a bad spot. the base emplacement can apparently still be decrewed, which is a huge issue, but they all shoot the ground unless they're elevated and while they're effective against air and light vehicles they're too weak against everything else to be very useful. if the emplacements (and the OKW flaktrack) actually hit what they were aiming at they'd be a hell of a lot more predictable and useful.
27 Dec 2015, 08:17 AM

Unable to decrew, fixed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight