Login

russian armor

Why Does OKW Still Have Salvage?

22 Dec 2015, 10:09 AM

This thread is a perfect example of the 'my favourite faction had not this cool feature, so no other faction should have it too' syndrome.

Pls remove vehicle crews, 6 men squads, replacements & snipers so we can finally have age of coh

Thats odd beacuse no one has acutally suggested that the ability be completely removed (apart from trading it with caches) only limited to some degree, primarly to prevent the rampant denile of uncrewed support weapons.
22 Dec 2015, 10:23 AM

Thats odd beacuse no one has acutally suggested that the ability be completely removed (apart from trading it with caches) only limited to some degree, primarly to prevent the rampant denile of uncrewed support weapons.

And why something that wasn't a problem since release becomes SUDDENLY a problem so it deserves a nerf? Resource changes have nothing to do with there is no correlation. How has increased fuel income any effect on a situation where you got flanked and lost your team weapon? It was the same case before the changes.
22 Dec 2015, 11:03 AM

And why something that wasn't a problem since release becomes SUDDENLY a problem so it deserves a nerf? Resource changes have nothing to do with there is no correlation. How has increased fuel income any effect on a situation where you got flanked and lost your team weapon? It was the same case before the changes.

The crew weapon vapourisation feature was always been a headache since day one of WFA but I would hazard to say that no one complained (or at that I can recall) because it was necessary feature for the resource starved faction. If the ability had nothing to do with resources and OKW were not resource starved then people might well have complained.

The situation has changed now because OKW has changed, its no longer resource starved and so its vechiles and weapon upgrades arrive sooner and are more abundant.
On the other hand Allies need to rely more on weapon teams to stem the tide, especially against vechiles.

OKW need not fight for scraps to get ahead and have retained a lot of their other bonus features so why should they retain the ability to so easily deny crew weapons (and gain reasources in the process) without having to do extra work to destroy it or use population by stealing it?

Flanking and killing a weapon crew, with the option of stealing it, is its own reward.
22 Dec 2015, 12:03 PM

What exactly is the problem here?

Every faction has the option to destroy support weapons, the difference is that OKW has to press a different button to do it while everyone else needs to press attack move > click on the weapon.

This has been around for a really long time and was most often displayed with killing decrewed at-guns.
22 Dec 2015, 12:07 PM

The crew weapon vapourisation feature was always been a headache since day one of WFA but I would hazard to say that no one complained (or at that I can recall) because it was necessary feature for the resource starved faction. If the ability had nothing to do with resources and OKW were not resource starved then people might well have complained.

The situation has changed now because OKW has changed, its no longer resource starved and so its vechiles and weapon upgrades arrive sooner and are more abundant.
On the other hand Allies need to rely more on weapon teams to stem the tide, especially against vechiles.

OKW need not fight for scraps to get ahead and have retained a lot of their other bonus features so why should they retain the ability to so easily deny crew weapons (and gain reasources in the process) without having to do extra work to destroy it or use population by stealing it?

Flanking and killing a weapon crew, with the option of stealing it, is its own reward.

Duh..5-8 fuel gain, are u insane????

OKW changed a LOT since release, and salvage was never an issue nor will be.

If u lose your team weapong l2controll them;. they either destroy it with shrecks or salvage it for 5-8 fuel. If u lose it accept the fact. -.-

The smoke is bigger than the fire.
22 Dec 2015, 12:29 PM

"because the other teams can't do it" is such a weak reason. Lots of factions in lots of games have unique perks. Germans can heal in the field and build bunkers.

Truely unique if you mean ostheer the only one who pays munitions for every use (medkit.)

But rly why not give every faction the salvage?
It rly is not like the bergetiger from Coh that you need to destroy every wreck there is to keep it in bay and make it useless unit.
22 Dec 2015, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2015, 16:15 PMAradan

For example JgPzIV per 135 fuel? ;)

For example Panther for 200, Panzer4 for 150, Command Panther for 225 and KT for 310.
23 Dec 2015, 15:58 PM

Please... you have a sub-par win rate of 30% average and low as 10%

ah ok, i forgot that evaluation is only possible with a certain value of whatever-ratio, for those who are interested in just numbers.
cant understand the argument with "strong-denying-tool". that tool is called ctrl+a for all :D
23 Dec 2015, 16:22 PM

Surprise surprise, Acht comes in white-knighting for OKW...

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2015, 06:16 AMJohnnyB
Salvage should work in another way. Give fuel for salvaging vehicles (but more) and amo for salvaging weapons.

Just do this and be done with it.
6 Jan 2016, 18:39 PM

ah ok, i forgot that evaluation is only possible with a certain value of whatever-ratio, for those who are interested in just numbers.
cant understand the argument with "strong-denying-tool". that tool is called ctrl+a for all :D

Yes Mr. Blobber and can't win... life is so sad.

Salvage isn't an issue anymore because OKW players don't even use it. They just blob volks and destroy everything that comes their way. If they happen to destroy weapon teams, they have so much MP they'll just take it for themselves.

When they were a starved faction, they would salvage it to save up for vehicles but now they don't need to as desperately as before.

This is now generally a non-issue. Volks blob is still an issue.
6 Jan 2016, 18:45 PM

Trading caches for Salvage is interesting and adds a bit of flavour, but I think being able to Salvage Support weapons is silly. It's such a strong tool to deny weapons that you otherwise wouldn't want to due to having less than 3 squad members, no wanting to drop 3 models off the squad or not wanting to waste the pop cap.

Salvaging wrecks is cool, but denying weapons so easily seems like an unfair advantage. Or at least, maybe only Sturmpioneers should be able to Salvage, why are Volks and Jaegers able to Salvage? Conscripts, Grenadiers and Riflemen can't build caches, only their engineers. (With the exception of Brits, for some reason, Infantry Sections build Caches instead of Royal Engineers. That makes no sense to me.)

+1

Well stated, only wrecks should be salvageable.
6 Jan 2016, 18:59 PM

This thread is a perfect example of the 'my favourite faction had not this cool feature, so no other faction should have it too' syndrome.

Pls remove vehicle crews, 6 men squads, replacements & snipers so we can finally have age of coh

The amount of people who have said something like this is just silly. Have you read any of the posts in this thread? Most people seem to be focusing on the fact that the OKW can turn weapon teams into resources, which is just stupid and wholly unjustifiable now that they have the same income. Very few people have said that salvage need be outright removed since the OP, and it shouldn't. It should be reworked though, to have a easy way to deal with decrewed weapons seemed unfair before the resource change if you ask me. Tank wrecks fine, but its far too easy to decrew team weapons for them to be worth salvage resources.

I also love how little effort people are putting into comparing the "unique bonuses" of each faction when making this point. As far as unique faction bonuses go, the OKW are clearly in the best situation there. You get a free heal and reinforce base, a free repair hq, and a free flak base, all with your tech costs. Ost and Sov get free buildings to redecorate their base sector....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS