Login

russian armor

.50 cal

18 Dec 2015, 19:35 PM

The .50 cal is still under performing in my opinion. It doesn't suppress as quickly as the mg42 due to the .50s slow ROF, yet it costs 20mp more and is locked behind tech. Stealing an mg42 as the US is a gift from the gods, cause it means you don't have to waste more money on something less effective. The sprint ability is worthless and should be replaced with something a lot better. There's no reason for the .50 cal to have a crappy ability while the cheaper and earlier mg42 gets one of the best abilities in the game.

Furthermore, both axis mainline infantry come with great counters to the .50, being the flame nade and RG. Allied mainlines need to tech to theirs, and the molotov is a shell of what the flame nade is, since it takes so long to throw and has a shorter range. Smokes and frags are great, no dispute there but it still requires consistently more effort to dislodge an mg42 than a .50.
18 Dec 2015, 19:45 PM

The .50 cal is still under performing in my opinion. It doesn't suppress as quickly as the mg42 due to the .50s slow ROF, yet it costs 20mp more and is locked behind tech. Stealing an mg42 as the US is a gift from the gods, cause it means you don't have to waste more money on something less effective. The sprint ability is worthless and should be replaced with something a lot better. There's no reason for the .50 cal to have a crappy ability while the cheaper and earlier mg42 gets one of the best abilities in the game.

Furthermore, both axis mainline infantry come with great counters to the .50, being the flame nade and RG. Allied mainlines need to tech to theirs, and the molotov is a shell of what the flame nade is, since it takes so long to throw and has a shorter range. Smokes and frags are great, no dispute there but it still requires consistently more effort to dislodge an mg42 than a .50.

i like to use the .50cal since if i dont i get swarmed by blobs most of the time

its beastly,both in damage and suppression the problem it has is its durability,only that

i hate it when lmg weapons can decrew it and thanks to many nerfs to LMG units the .50cal is kinda more durable then it used to

Rifle grenade is also crazy powerful against it BUT without it you cant really kill it(see how the british fair without such a grenade)

Flame grenades are not a problem in the open(even if they land)duo to the fast setup time,in buildings its another story

if anything should be done is not to buff its suppression further BUT to increase abit its durability

18 Dec 2015, 20:13 PM
Patrion 27

the only thing the .50 needs now is a fifth crew member for survivability or less received accuracy.

Just last night one of my mates and I were gushing about how solid the .50 is now and how it's on par with MG42 so I don't agree with you OP.

Also I love the sprint ability on this MG specifically.
19 Dec 2015, 00:16 AM

.50 cal is suitable to gift you all the democracy you need.
19 Dec 2015, 01:36 AM

.50 cal should be more effective vs very light vehicles like Kubel and 222, imo. .50 cal in a building should take a Kubel to 0 HP in like 3 seconds. 222 should be like 10.
19 Dec 2015, 02:26 AM

+1 on fifth Crew men and slightly buffing penetration or adding armor piecing rounds light DSHK (especially in light of the Kubel's armor buff, plus you know it IS a .50 cal after all). With those it would def. be my favorite HMG. I think the penetration buff is deserved since it gives the LT more of a soft light vehicle counter and opens up more options.

Damage and suppression on it are good when you take into account it's short set-up time which allows you to quickly reposition if needed and fully utilize USF mobility.
19 Dec 2015, 03:34 AM

the only thing the .50 needs now is a fifth crew member for survivability or less received accuracy.

Just last night one of my mates and I were gushing about how solid the .50 is now and how it's on par with MG42 so I don't agree with you OP.

I would be fine with nothing but a survivability buff, but how can you think that its on par with the mg42 while also supporting the .50 getting a fifth man? They're both four man squads, and if one needs the extra man it while the other does not, than one of them is performing worse. The US have better infantry to defend their mgs, so theoretically it should survive better if the two are on par.

I'm not saying the .50 blows, but the mg42 is the better of the two IMO and it is most certainly cheaper.
19 Dec 2015, 03:38 AM
Patrion 27

I dunno about needing more penetration. Here are the vet 2 stats:

+25% damage, +50% max range penetration, -55% set up time,
+40% weapon rotation speed
19 Dec 2015, 03:48 AM

It would be fine if okw volks and grens would get supressed before they can throw a nade...... Not to mention the crew still likes to bunch up allowing for the whole gun to get ko'ed by a single nade.

Also give it AP rounds like the dska or the mg 42 to deter light vehicles and add soft AT to USF tier 1. Don't know why they chose sprint instead of AP rounds...... Would like to see someone from relic pick up a .50 and tripod together and sprint 50 meters......
19 Dec 2015, 03:52 AM

Well if it needs more survivability like you suggested, than getting it to vet 2 is harder than it should be.
19 Dec 2015, 03:59 AM
Donator 11

Keep everything the same, increase penetration of the .50 cal significantly justified by the fact that it shoots gigantic .50 caliber rounds that would #getRekt a Panzer II in a few seconds and kill the crew inside because of shrapnel/penetrating rounds.

This way it serves as a counter to light vehicles. It's 280 MP and its a .50 cal, cmon
19 Dec 2015, 04:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's X1.5 max-range penetration on a weapon that has 3/2/1 penetration, though. 1 penetration being the exact same as every other handheld bullet-firing weapon, and less than every heavy machine gun team's weapon. So I'd regard that part of it as a strange and unjustified exception.

TL;DR, M2HB needs vet 2 to actually have more pen than rifles and SMGs at max range like other HMGs :foreveralone:
19 Dec 2015, 04:48 AM

This isn't happening but significant pen and damage buff to .50 cal with set up time nerf and price buff would be really neat. Again .50 cal fills its current niche perfectly, but this niche is very ahistorical for the weapon.

It's more representative of a .30 cal than a .50 for sure.
19 Dec 2015, 05:00 AM

I'd be down for .50 cal having light AT capabilities to make up for the fact that you forsake the AT gun by going LT (at least for a while). Right now going LT is a death sentence against OKW
19 Dec 2015, 05:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2015, 05:00 AMHorasu
I'd be down for .50 cal having light AT capabilities to make up for the fact that you forsake the AT gun by going LT (at least for a while). Right now going LT is a death sentence against OKW
Yeah luitenent tier is so unused because it's really restrictive without any AT. Pretty much forces you to go Jackson asap or else you'll get run over by tanks. Atleast soviet T1 provides a cheap tank destroyer at T3, USF has to wait all the way til major and zooks by no means stops any real armor alone.
19 Dec 2015, 07:31 AM

Yeah luitenent tier is so unused because it's really restrictive without any AT. Pretty much forces you to go Jackson asap or else you'll get run over by tanks. Atleast soviet T1 provides a cheap tank destroyer at T3, USF has to wait all the way til major and zooks by no means stops any real armor alone.

Hence why moving the ATG to T0 and unlocking when either CPT or LT hit the field was a pretty good solution to opening up USF roster / build order / strategies / play style, wasn't it?
19 Dec 2015, 07:55 AM

If .50 cal has light AT it is has to cost between 320-400 MP.

If it's any cheaper you could just build 3 50 cals and A-move around the map, killing everything.

But by then raising the price you restrict USF players who just want an anti-infantry HMG.
19 Dec 2015, 08:08 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2015, 07:31 AMLuGer33

Hence why moving the ATG to T0 and unlocking when either CPT or LT hit the field was a pretty good solution to opening up USF roster / build order / strategies / play style, wasn't it?

It was definitely better than nothing. The 57mm is already not very strong until it gets veterancy.
19 Dec 2015, 08:09 AM

I would prefer + 40% accuracy instead of 25% damage. Also veterancy don't gives more supression. Vet 3 is lackluster.
19 Dec 2015, 08:13 AM

Yeah a T0 at gun would be great. Bazookas are nice, but they are supplementary AT, not fall back AT. If you go luitenant and your opponent gets a fuel advantage, you are pretty much done for.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★