Login

russian armor

AT vs Randoms

18 Dec 2015, 12:28 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but in CoH1, there was a seperate que for AT players.

Why does this not exist in CoH2? It seems wierd that a coordinated team with teamspeak/voice can be matched against a bunch of randoms from all over the world who often don't even speak the same language.

Main games I am losing in 2's nowadays is against teams and not randoms which I am queuing as. It seems ladder climbing at the 1-30 area is more about dodging these teams than actually trying to beat them with another random.
18 Dec 2015, 12:29 PM

Cause there is not enough players
18 Dec 2015, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 12:29 PMBlalord
Cause there is not enough players

Current Peak
3,971 6,730 Company of Heroes 2

^^ That is from this morning in the UK, 6730 peak for a weekday is pretty decent mate...
18 Dec 2015, 12:33 PM

Yes, I know the feeling. I rather have long waiting times than being matched against teams. Likewise it's no fun when you are playing a team and then just get easy prey for 80 % of your games.
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 12:28 PMpugzii
Correct me if I am wrong, but in CoH1, there was a seperate que for AT players.

Why does this not exist in CoH2? It seems wierd that a coordinated team with teamspeak/voice can be matched against a bunch of randoms from all over the world who often don't even speak the same language.

Main games I am losing in 2's nowadays is against teams and not randoms which I am queuing as. It seems ladder climbing at the 1-30 area is more about dodging these teams than actually trying to beat them with another random.

The problem is the unranked arranged teams. They should have somekind individual rankings (each players results counted) in matchmaking before they get 10 games and became ranked.

If some one dont want play versus team, why he play team game?
18 Dec 2015, 12:36 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 12:33 PMAradan

Because he likes to play 2vs2, 3v3s or 4vs4 (against random players).
18 Dec 2015, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 12:31 PMpugzii

Current Peak

^^ That is from this morning in the UK, 6730 peak for a weekday is pretty decent mate...

How many playing single player ? how many playing against IA ?
18 Dec 2015, 12:40 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

6730 peak

1/4 of these guys are roughly playing the gamemode you are playing right now, something around 1700 players. Most of them are playing with random teammates, but let's say it's 50%. So good luck with matchmaking with only 850 players searching.

Blalord is right, the playerbase is simply too small and too divided by diffrent gamemodes. It would work if all of the players played a single mode. Note that probably a good bunch of people are playing the AI/Campaign aswell and that some gamemodes like 4v4 have a higher percentage of players compared to the rest, so there are most likely even less people in the queue.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
18 Dec 2015, 12:44 PM

I would more focus on matching players with diffrent rank. Like someone said before, i prefer wait longer, just don't match people from top50 with guys with rank 1000+. Lower rank should play with lower rank and that's it.
I hope we gonna see two seperate divisions one day.
18 Dec 2015, 12:44 PM

I can't tell if this is serious or not?
18 Dec 2015, 12:48 PM
Patrion 14

I would be able to bear longer waiting times if that meant the games were more balanced rather than a bunch of stomps. People who have short attention spans and want there games 'now' are also usually the ones who quit early if things look even a bit bad in random games.

It seems ladder climbing at the 1-30 area is more about dodging these teams than actually trying to beat them with another random.

7-12 PM PST is when you can avoid the good AT's and get randoms most of the time btw.
18 Dec 2015, 12:49 PM

You didnt understand the thread

Its about: why a team with random people have to fight against a premade team
18 Dec 2015, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 12:31 PMpugzii

Current Peak

Vast majority of that are comp stompers and campaign warriors.

There isn't enough players to support it without having 60 minute queues.
18 Dec 2015, 13:12 PM

Because he likes to play 2vs2, 3v3s or 4vs4 (against random players).

Then it is 2x 1v1, 3x 1v1 and 4x 1v1
In game ares limited communication options and it's just a risk if you want to play team game and dont have team.

Only in AT you can enjoy team strategy and depth, which you cannot experience in random team.

I play both. Random and AT, but random is just the training for real game.

And if you play random, you can learn a lot from enemy AT.
18 Dec 2015, 13:28 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 13:12 PMAradan
Then it is 2x 1v1, 3x 1v1 and 4x 1v1
In game ares limited communication options and it's just a risk if you want to play team game and dont have team.

Only in AT you can enjoy team strategy and depth, which you cannot experience in random team.

I play both. Random and AT, but random is just the training for real game.

And if you play random, you can learn a lot from enemy AT.

Yes, but often people have problems to find time for playing AT together, and then it is more often easier to play teamgames with random teammates, and hope that they are good players.

Often in teamgames with random players, it is 3 vs an arranged team of four good players. The matchmaking either gives one who drops early, or one who is a beginner who does not know how to play the game, and then the arranged team attacks the weakest link in the chain (often unintentionally), and the team with random players collapses and loses the game. Maybe the beginner player will stop playing 4vs4 with random players because of this, and we have a smaller player base.
18 Dec 2015, 13:34 PM

All these threads imply that having a at is better than rt. Just get a at-mate which is a complete disaster and youll start loving rt. Trust me, it works.
18 Dec 2015, 13:45 PM

i believe we should add a little delay to match randoms with randoms and AT with AT maybe.

But after some time the game will just try to put you ingame with AT or randoms ASAP so you can get a match eventually.

this is what most games do anyway(even League of Legends)
18 Dec 2015, 13:45 PM

Yes, but often people have problems to find time for playing AT together, and then it is more often easier to play teamgames with random teammates, and hope that they are good players.

Often in teamgames with random players, it is 3 vs an arranged team of four good players. The matchmaking either gives one who drops early, or one who is a beginner who does not know how to play the game, and then the arranged team attacks the weakest link in the chain (often unintentionally), and the team with random players collapses and loses the game. Maybe the beginner player will stop playing 4vs4 with random players because of this, and we have a smaller player base.

I totally agree with you, but if you have good RT and win over AT. It is amazing experience.

And smaller player base. If Relic separate AT teams in 2v2 and above, thus destroy 3/4 player base.
18 Dec 2015, 13:47 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 13:12 PMAradan

It really depends on who you are playing with / against. I've had plenty of random partners where you can use team work and strategy, just requires communication at the start of the game. Communication is a big part of the problem - whenever I play with randoms (2v2, 3v3 or 4v4) so many people are confused just by writing "Hey" and quite a lot are just dicks about it. Your never going to get any kind of team work going with them because they have no desire to play as a team.

Decent randoms can beat teams, even good ones but more often not someone gets screwed by the matchmaker. Its not uncommon for me to be matched either with or against people with only a handful of hours in the game. This isn't the end of the world as long as the rest of the players are (relatively) balanced around this. I would much rather wait longer for a more balanced match than just stomping people / being stomped. I'm not against playing against teams, but prefer playing against randoms. Shame the player base isn't big enough for more balanced games.

It generally seems people would rather wait for games, shame relic wouldn't add some kind of option for this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 831
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment