Login

russian armor

December's hierarchy of Stronkness

17 Dec 2015, 20:40 PM

Forum warrior who's identity will remain unknown till playercard or replays are uploaded.

My guess is bananeheld. Once he disappeared. this account took off right in their place. ^_^

18 Dec 2015, 15:30 PM

Ok, replying to Troyd's points;

1. OST;True, but one MG42 is a pain to deal with, two are a nightmare and can possibly lock down a large area of most maps for a good amount of time. PWerfer is just a luxurious gesture, just like the brummbar. All you need to deal with any type of blobs is your T1. S farms, 2xGrw supporting an MG42 wreck anything. And we don't need to mention gren's accuracy, their vet, Rnade and upgrades are just the icing on the cake. Tellers and 2xPak Punish any kind of meduim spam.

2. OkW;

MGs? Just instantly throw an IncNade, that should negate any kind of MG spam. ISG and stuka are just the last nails on the coffin. You don't need any extra fuel for vehicles while you have the best ATG in game, namely the R43. Add 4x Shrecks to that and you can deal with anything. That's why most players are stalling till KT these days. So yeah, no caches needed. Spend that extra MP on falls or ISGs.

3. USF; If your opponent was getting Zooks on his RM then the ostwind was a bad choice, simple stuff.

4. TBF; Their late game is awful at the moment. The firefly has a ridiculously long reload time, and guess what, sometimes it doesn't even pen. The Crocodile is overpriced, so are the other churries.

5. SU; My best ladder rank is with the SU and I know them better than you as unlike you I only play 1v1 which requires much more effort and understanding of the game mechanics. If you can pull it off with party johns, then good job, make sure to share the replay. But for the average players, those mentioned docs are vital for winning matches, shock frontline, lend and please etc. I don't use that doc though.
18 Dec 2015, 15:34 PM

Can we see your playercard please?

And I've heard every single "playercard means nothing" argument, so please, playercard.
18 Dec 2015, 15:35 PM

playercard means nothing
18 Dec 2015, 15:41 PM

My best 1v1 faction is also Soviets. I have been top 25 with them multiple times and am consistently in the top 50. I can tell you that you are wrong. I haven't used the soviet meta commanders in ages and I am doing just fine. Soviets are strong and have many viable stratagies; probably the most out of all factions.
18 Dec 2015, 15:41 PM

playercard means nothing

Then there is your answer. We will get nowhere if the OP in any thread does not admit to their skill level and the thread will continue to follow the same loop every other ambiguous thread does.
18 Dec 2015, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 15:41 PMSwift

Then there is your answer. We will get nowhere if the OP in any thread does not admit to their skill level and the thread will continue to follow the same loop every other ambiguous thread does.
My skill level ranges from a pro (TBF,SU,OST) to average(USF,OKW).

I have been top 25 with them multiple times and am consistently in the top 50.
Then there is your answer, pros don't need the meta to enjoy the game and ladder up. I was mainly refering to the average players.
18 Dec 2015, 15:49 PM

I've never seen you casted, I've never seen any replays of you, never seen you in tournaments, so how can I take your word for being pro?
18 Dec 2015, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 15:49 PMSwift
I've never seen you casted, I've never seen any replays of you, never seen you in tournaments, so how can I take your word for being pro?

He said he is pro on the internet, when someone on the internet says they are pro at something you dont need anymore evidence they clearly are there is no need to provide evidence

Seriously Swiftsabre why would you think someone on the internet would lie to you :snfPeter:
18 Dec 2015, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 15:49 PMSwift
how can I take your word for being pro?
You should trust me man
18 Dec 2015, 16:07 PM
Donator 11

I can comment this one and any of your threads only with your nick :bananadance:
18 Dec 2015, 16:08 PM

These are the struggles of an awfully bad player. Can tell because I am one.

18 Dec 2015, 16:13 PM

Hello.

Unfortunatly, making provocatives threads, hiding player card and call yourself a "pro" automaticatly tags you into the 14yold kid catégory.
Waste of time and server spacedisk.

Kozo.
18 Dec 2015, 16:38 PM

eat a pickle
19 Dec 2015, 06:39 AM
Patrion 14

Ok, replying to Troyd's points;

1. OST;True, but one MG42 is a pain to deal with, two are a nightmare and can possibly lock down a large area of most maps for a good amount of time. PWerfer is just a luxurious gesture, just like the brummbar. All you need to deal with any type of blobs is your T1. S farms, 2xGrw supporting an MG42 wreck anything. And we don't need to mention gren's accuracy, their vet, Rnade and upgrades are just the icing on the cake. Tellers and 2xPak Punish any kind of meduim spam.

All true. Wehrmacht still suffers significantly against Indirect heavy builds, IMO. They have no answer for a british mortar pit - behind a shot blocker - for example that doesn't require rushing up their MG42 (incendary rounds), at guns or flame pios on top of it.

2. OkW;

MGs? Just instantly throw an IncNade, that should negate any kind of MG spam. ISG and stuka are just the last nails on the coffin. You don't need any extra fuel for vehicles while you have the best ATG in game, namely the R43. Add 4x Shrecks to that and you can deal with anything. That's why most players are stalling till KT these days. So yeah, no caches needed. Spend that extra MP on falls or ISGs.

If your mg is being flame naded :( then it wasn't in a optimal position.You're right - they don't need caches, but it still a negative. By choosing that faction, you give up the ability to enhance your non-manpower income.

3. USF; If your opponent was getting Zooks on his RM then the ostwind was a bad choice, simple stuff.

Was an unpleasant surprise :P Ostwinds are very good choices against infantry spam. They just need to be kept in the backline. The point being is that USf is not all that fuel reliant. They are manpower intensive.

Also if the american is airborne, you want an ostwind regardless if he's got zook spam - to shoot down his p47s.

4. TBF; Their late game is awful at the moment. The firefly has a ridiculously long reload time, and guess what, sometimes it doesn't even pen. The Crocodile is overpriced, so are the other churries.

You're right it sometimes doesn't pen. But - fireflies are amazing. Their real value is in its alpha. See the following for a demonstration of british late game

http://www.twitch.tv/troyd_destin/v/30504050?t=02h22m11s One firefly countering a King Tiger (It gets away :( )

http://www.twitch.tv/troyd_destin/v/30504050?t=02h28m24s ( we kill it here using a second firefly, watch the mimic map I don't caapture its' death.)

We also kill a jagd tiger later on with those two fireflies.

Overall, british late game decimates OKW late game (in 2v2). The croc, two fireflies and occasional air support just bleed the OKW into submission. It's brutal.

5. SU; My best ladder rank is with the SU and I know them better than you as unlike you I only play 1v1 which requires much more effort and understanding of the game mechanics. If you can pull it off with party johns, then good job, make sure to share the replay. But for the average players, those mentioned docs are vital for winning matches, shock frontline, lend and please etc. I don't use that doc though.

Eh, now you're just attacking my view point here and saying yours is superior. :( I'm not attacking your view point, its just different from mine. I do not claim to be a 1v1 expert and now i'm reconsidering continuing this discussion.

As a rebuttle - I would argue that 2v2 requires just as much understanding of the game mechanics as 1v1 and then some. You need to take those 1v1 mechanics and then synergize them across multiple factions to create powerful strategies, lastly social/communication skills are required to implement and react to chosen strategies. In contrast, 1v1 requires understanding the interaction between 1 faction vs 1 other faction. Then relies upon your ability as a single player to implement.

Overall - your final comment here demonstrates again that your original post and analysis of each faction, is limited in scope. 2v2 is also a very competitive game mode right now, which is my view point. The point i'm trying to make is that your original list - if you intend it to be a resource - should expand it's scope or you should back track and specify the scope is limited to 1v1.
19 Dec 2015, 07:44 AM

19 Dec 2015, 10:35 AM

if hes a pro,then we can just check out the top 200players' list ,where not a trace of him could be found.
19 Dec 2015, 12:27 PM
Donator 11

• okwokw 2. OKW;
    + Quick early map control with zero struggle;
    + Can counter anything by solely relying on their T1;
    + Best call in INF;
    + General lack of dependency on fuel, R43/Shreck blobs can do;
    + Strong, Hard to counter presence of AT

The Calliope/Priest/Sexton/Katyuscha? Thats the OKW hardcounter. :luvDerp:
OKW isnt invincible.
19 Dec 2015, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2015, 12:27 PMSwonVIP