Login

russian armor

Do Falls need a DPS nerf?

17 Dec 2015, 07:19 AM

They are fine. Powerful but expensive and sqiushy.
17 Dec 2015, 07:37 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I don't think they are bad enough to warrant being looked into right now. They aren't bad, just kinda meh. They are still useful and worth getting sometimes. I think balance should be focused on some more important issues first.
17 Dec 2015, 08:24 AM

The DPS range is good in all ranges, I think the role should be defined (maybe for short range). A green cover fall shooting from mid to long range is unbeatable.
17 Dec 2015, 08:41 AM

Don't fix what is not broken...
17 Dec 2015, 08:46 AM
Donator 11

look at their costs.
17 Dec 2015, 08:50 AM

Don't fix what is not broken...

^
17 Dec 2015, 09:11 AM

Fallschirm is the German word for parachute, so you get my point.
This is the only change i want.
17 Dec 2015, 09:32 AM

Making things more expensive to compensate for power breaks the game, more often than not, so it would be better to just lower the dps a bit.
A reduction up to 10% to the damage output would do, but not more.
The squad would still serve it's intended purpose, ambushing with burst damage, it doesn't need to insta-kill to be effective.
17 Dec 2015, 09:36 AM

This thread reeks of "I don't want to properly support my snipers".
17 Dec 2015, 09:45 AM

This thread reeks of "I don't want to properly support my snipers".

By demolishing all ambient buildings? That is the only way you'll be able to actually defend your sniper from falls popping out of the house.

With that being said, OP is utterly clueless.
17 Dec 2015, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 09:45 AMKatitof

By demolishing all ambient buildings? That is the only way you'll be able to actually defend your sniper from falls popping out of the house.

Hardly. You can start by always having your sniper/snipers cloaked in cover so even if falls pop out behind them they have to go search for them. If you've built a second sniper and have him grouped with your first, one fall squad is hardly an issue; usually you can just wipe it before it takes one sniper down to 1/4 health (depending on positioning and cloak). It's smart to support your sniper/snipers with at least one core infantry squad. You can mine doors and use your snipers to bait falls, and you can leave a squad inside the only building around your snipers.

On most maps there is maybe 1-3 key buildings that you would have to worry about falls popping out of if you are using your snipers properly (in 1v1s anyways). You love to just disagree for the sake of disagreeing, don't you?
17 Dec 2015, 10:12 AM

They spawn from the house, they dont teleport there. That means they have vet 0 then. And they are more a mp drain than anything else unless they get to at least vet3. They also pay 80mp for the spawn ability and it is not refunded even if they spawn in base... I agree that okw is strong now but this unit is not the problem. Everybody would take obers over falls 100% of time. Maybe if at least one could get them for 360mp in some way. But right now they are still just obers for players who for some reason dont build t3. They were called poor man obers from the very beginning and it still fits.

Nope I'd consider to go falls over Obers. I've had so many vet 3+ falls. The dps they can give is insane and the stealth approach with vet 2 can flank the hell out of your opponent
17 Dec 2015, 10:20 AM

Leave the falls alone and show your playercard, allied fanboy
17 Dec 2015, 11:12 AM

The only thing I'd like to see done is that instead of the building infiltration deal, they instead get a one-time-only stealth movement ability that allows them to infiltrate enemy lines. Would work exactly like the Stormtrooper cloak ability from CoH1, except you can only use it one time. Would be more immersive I think.
17 Dec 2015, 11:19 AM

They are fine, good dps but squishy.

It would be prob better if they would spawn with kar98 and spend muni for the FG 42 but then partisants should also be changed.
17 Dec 2015, 13:56 PM
Donator 11

The only thing I'd like to see done is that instead of the building infiltration deal, they instead get a one-time-only stealth movement ability that allows them to infiltrate enemy lines. Would work exactly like the Stormtrooper cloak ability from CoH1, except you can only use it one time. Would be more immersive I think.

Maybe one time "dress up in usf uniform" ability :D
17 Dec 2015, 15:50 PM

They are much more cost effective than obers and are basically a combination of obers, sturms and 42grens.

Almost every player is using the luft DOC so you don't have to "watch for clues bro".

Green cover and buildings negate their supposed fragility.

The justification for such a powerful callin was the fact that OKW used to suck in early AI department. Not anymore.

Give them ober kars. A 90 Muni upgrade seems legit now.
17 Dec 2015, 17:26 PM

:luvDerp: say NO
:hansRAGE: say NO
:romeoPro: say NO
:snfBarton: say NO
:snfAmi: say NO
:snfDevm: say NO
:brad: say NO

So all in all 100% of all people that have world about changing that say No , They are fine (I think they dont need nerf too)

So gues who wins ? Most iconic people of COH2 or some random whinner ?
17 Dec 2015, 17:33 PM

Why demolish? Trip wire flares OpieOP :brad:
17 Dec 2015, 17:57 PM

You can mine the buidings, democharge them etc. Same as against partisans, Wait! allies even have other weapons than 81mm mortar weapons in lower tiers to destroy buildings
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★